• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 4 |OT| Dewey Beats Truman

Bowser

Only better decision possible would be to remove him outright. Believe it or not, I know what plays are good!

gtXh8.gif

Fuck basketball in its shitty little face.

gtXh8.gif

Bowser

I hope Texas loses.

I hope the opposite because of the pussy OSU playcalling. 3 straight runs in the redzone, settling for the FG. Then rushing 3 and playing soft zone on 4th and 6 when that would have ended the game. Straight bitchmade playcalling.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I hope the opposite because of the pussy OSU playcalling. 3 straight runs in the redzone, settling for the FG. Then rushing 3 and playing soft zone on 4th and 6 when that would have ended the game. Straight bitchmade playcalling.

Regardless every weekend that Oklahoma, Texas, USC, Florida State, Miami, and Notre Dame lose is a good weekend.

woodchuck

Fuck FOX for sticking Gus Johnson on college football games instead of the NFL.

And here's the obligatory anti-Gus post from a Packers fan!

:)

uh no. this was a brilliant move by fox. Gus has the primetime game all to himself. I always know when to find Gus each week.

cajunator

Banned
uh no. this was a brilliant move by fox. Gus has the primetime game all to himself. I always know when to find Gus each week.

Gus is too good for the NFL.

I love to listen to the local radio personalities though. the Raiders, Lions, Chiefs, Vikings announcers are all pretty exciteable and make it fun to listen to.

lol Nebraska for ever being down to Wisconsin. So terrible this year. Should be 0-5
Don't worry, you play a team that's even worse next week.

It's mind-boggling how bad the Illini are this year. You thought Zook was bad at coaching? Wait till you get a load of this!

eznark

Banned

It's mind-boggling how bad the Illini are this year. You thought Zook was bad at coaching? Wait till you get a load of this!

Yeah, that will be one of the Badgers 5 wins this year.

Fuck Bielema in his co-ed date-raping skull.

There are levels, man. The B1G is hilariously bad this year (exacerbated by OSU being hands down the best team despite being ineligible), but Illinois is like...

Nah, going into detail isn't worth the seething rage it'll stir up. I'll just say we should've kept Zook, and leave the rest as an exercise for the reader.

Tabris

I need some fantasy lineup advice. Here are my running backs:

Adrian Peterson
Mikel Leshoure
Andre Brown
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

I need to play 3 (one for flex). I think I'm benching Chris Johnson this week, he's failed me 3 weeks in a row and Houston is the real deal on D. Matt Forte is questionable and Andre Brown is a risk with Bradshaw back. I personally think Andre Brown will be good enough to turn into a Bradshaw/Jacob like duo or perhaps surpass... but he may have also been lucky with a good matchup.

My other question is, do I play Jerome Simpson or Andrew Hawkins for my last WR spot (Andre Johnson and Demaryius Thomas are my other WR's)? Jerome Simpson is risky but could be explosive.

cajunator

Banned

Adrian Peterson
Mikel Leshoure
Andre Brown
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

I need to play 3 (one for flex). I think I'm benching Chris Johnson this week, he's failed me 3 weeks in a row and Houston is the real deal on D. Matt Forte is questionable and Andre Brown is a risk with Bradshaw back. I personally think Andre Brown will be good enough to turn into a Bradshaw/Jacob like duo or perhaps surpass... but he may have also been lucky with a good matchup.

My other question is, do I play Jerome Simpson or Andrew Hawkins for my last WR spot (Andre Johnson and Demaryius Thomas are my other WR's)? Jerome Simpson is risky but could be explosive.

Bench Chris Johnson every week.

Dunno how you got Peterson/Forte and Johnson.

I'm playing Simpson this week with Thomas at WR. Also have Marshall at Flex(though I can sub in Forte at flex but probably won't). Backup WR's are Colston(trash) and Rice(not likely to do much)...so yeah Simpson is my best option. I'm not even sure who the hell Andrew Hawkins is...is he on Tennessee? I have no idea man. Simpson looked good in pre-season games(I'm in MN so I watched most of em)...so I'm going with him for a big game.

Tabris

Dunno how you got Peterson/Forte and Johnson.

I'm playing Simpson this week with Thomas at WR. Also have Marshall at Flex(though I can sub in Forte at flex but probably won't). Backup WR's are Colston(trash) and Rice(not likely to do much)...so yeah Simpson is my best option. I'm not even sure who the hell Andrew Hawkins is...is he on Tennessee? I have no idea man. Simpson looked good in pre-season games(I'm in MN so I watched most of em)...so I'm going with him for a big game.

Everyone underestimated Peterson and Johnson due to Peterson coming back from MCL/ACL and Johnson (Andre) having a horrible injury history.

I was 9th out of 10th and my draft order went Chris Johnson (end of 1st) > Matt Forte (beginning of 2nd) > Andre Johnson (end of 3rd) > Adrian Peterson (beginning of 4th). Looking back at it, if I decided to get someone instead of Chris Johnson I would be destroying. I'm #1 in my fantasy league right now though. 3-0!

Andrew Hawkins is Cincy and he's the #2 receiver behind AJ Green and since AJ's been getting so much attention, he's slotting in nicely. Averaging 15 last 2 games.

dabig2

Worse thing about the Illini this year is that we can't scapegoat Zook anymore, and they no longer lose in hilarious fashion. Now it's just pathetic.

UberTag

Adrian Peterson
Mikel Leshoure
Andre Brown
Matt Forte
Chris Johnson

I need to play 3 (one for flex).
This decision is actually easier than you'd think.
cajunator already gave you the first key bit of advice. Bench CJ0K until further notice.

As for your other decision, you can't hold out on Forte with a questionable tag (even at Flex) unless you have another player on the Cowboys/Bears that could be subbed in for the Monday nighter should he be ruled out.

You can (and probably should) wait on Forte if you own Michael Bush... but seeing that you don't, you risk either getting a 0 or playing a hit-or-miss receiver like Ogletree or Jeffery in your flex spot.

Go the sure route and start Peterson, Leshoure and Brown.
Have fun tomorrow if Leshoure gets ruled out. ;)

Narag

So do the Bills have a shot at the Patriots? Do the Patriots have anyone important that's hurt?

Hernandez is still out with the sprain, I think I read Edelman was going to be out, Gronkowski has an injured hip, and Brady is missing a penis. That adds up.

Drakeon

That's what everyone keeps thinking, then we have 5 huge upsets. There's only 6 people left in survival.

Yep, this. I've thought Pickem looked easy several times now and I've done terrible at pickem this whole year. I can't remember one week where I got like 12 or more games right. I wasn't that bad last year.

Top Bottom