• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

The unions totally let these guys down. I think it was interesting but it was almost like "these guys went broke point and laugh". There really wasn't an exploration of how to change things. It's also pretty insulting to make the blanket statement that most 22 year olds would go broke if given millions of dollars

That was also the first time I had heard Bart Scott speak outside of the crazy interviews he does. He seemed like a different person. Must have been off his steroid cycle
I don't think so, seems pretty freaking likely to me.

If you have that much money right out of school (having never worked a real job for more than 3 consecutive months your entire life), psychologically it has to make it seem like money just falls out of the sky whenever you need it.

ari

Banned
i dont think so. they have a solid defense that doesn't make many mistakes and a good running game. then mix that with a QB who has the ability to make some big plays down the field and you have a dangerous team!
I mean by power ranking

Niners
ravens
Packers
Giants
Eagles
Falcons

Are all better teams. the texans just have the luxury of a relaxed schedule compared to these squads.

MechDX

i dont think so. they have a solid defense that doesn't make many mistakes and a good running game. then mix that with a QB who has the ability to make some big plays down the field and you have a dangerous team!

WTF? Who the hell are you?? I know FMT and you sir are no FMT!

I mean by power ranking

Niners
ravens
Packers
Giants
Eagles
Falcons

Are all better teams. the texans just have the luxury of a relaxed schedule compared to these squads.

We got haters!! Texans Age we have arrived!!!!

squicken

I don't think so, seems pretty freaking likely to me.

If you have that much money right out of school (having never worked a real job for more than 3 consecutive months your entire life), psychologically it has to make it seem like money just falls out of the sky whenever you need it.

They didn't say all 22 year old athletes. They said all 22 year olds, regardless of profession or class or race. And even then, I think Eli and Peyton and Luck would do just fine. People get nervous about race, but that's not what it is. Its a class problem. Look at Kosar.

The union fights the league on making the money deferred, when that is exactly what would benefit the players the most. I hope football players make all that they can, but I think their union is awful

Cagey

Banned
How did the jets defense suck in a matter of 2 years? That defense were pure elite from top to bottom.

Their worst performance was probably the Miami Dolphins physically mauling them at the point of attack in Week 3.

The Jets D was fine against the 49ers when the game was still in doubt. Held the 49ers to 10 points, 7 scored on some trickery, in a first half where the Jets offense turned the ball over three (!!) times. That's good stuff.

In the second half, they surrendered a touchdown on a 48 yard drive towards the end of the third quarter. Then on the Jets very next possession after its 17-0, offense delivers more lulz, the 49ers run a fumble back for a TD. At 24-0, game's over. Jets D quits at that point. Embarrassing from an effort standpoint doe.

When a team racks up 250 rushing yards on 40 carries, its not because they're trying to win the game, it's because they're already winning by a good amount and just running the clock out.

ari

Banned
WTF? Who the hell are you?? I know FMT and you sir are no FMT!

We got haters!! Texans Age we have arrived!!!!
You guys will be the lions of this year, but within a shit division. When the decent-tier teams start coming along your schedule, you guys wont do shit.

They didn't say all 22 year old athletes. They said all 22 year olds, regardless of profession or class or race. And even then, I think Eli and Peyton and Luck would do just fine. People get nervous about race, but that's not what it is. Its a class problem. Look at Kosar.

The union fights the league on making the money deferred, when that is exactly what would benefit the players the most. I hope football players make all that they can, but I think their union is awful
That's what I was responding to. I include myself at 22! My only shot with that much money would've been to turn the keys to the kingdom over to my parents, and I'm way too stubborn to do that then or now.

Millions feels like billions, but it's not.

Fox318

NwMJ2.png

MechDX

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...on-manning-tom-brady/index.html?sct=nfl_wr_a3

Either Tom Brady's Patriots or Peyton Manning's Broncos will be 3-2 by early Sunday evening. But neither team appears equipped to stop the mighty Houston Texans, who are on an early pace to be one of the most dominant teams in modern NFL history.

Houston was the Cold, Hard Football Facts preseason pick to win the Super Bowl. And so far the 4-0 Texans have exceeded our wildest expectations.

They dominate the NFL in two key indicators of success.

The first is the Relativity Index, which we discussed above. Denver and New England are No. 1 in offensive relativity. But if we look at both sides of the ball, Houston is the most dominant team in football, even when we take into account the quality of the opposition.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...on-manning-tom-brady/index.html#ixzz28CZeXEny

We've rarely seen a team so good in so many indicators. For a little perspective, the 16-0 2007 Patriots were the most dominant NFL team since World War II, and the only club in NFL history to score 300 more points than it surrendered (589-274).

Those Patriots ranked, on average, 3.4 across the board in our 2007 Quality Stats Power Rankings.

Houston (through four games) is slightly stronger than the wire-to-wire 2007 Patriots. But as we saw, those Patriots started red hot and couldn't keep the momentum going, ultimately faltering in the Super Bowl.

The Texans right now are on pace to score 504 points and surrender 224. That 280-point differential would be third in the Super Bowl Era, behind the 2007 Patriots (+315) and 1999 Rams (+284).

Whoa.....Im still worried as shit about Monday though.

effzee

I am jealous of McCoy. I can't understand why the Eagles don't use him more often.

Its so bad that the Eagles PR man who runs their website writes an article almost every week defending the run pass ratio, how McCoy averages 20 touches per game, and in today's NFL to win you have to pass to get a lead before you run.

The last point is true but only if you have an elite QB the likes of Rodgers, Brees, or Eli. Not Vick.

And their are always excuses as to why they don't run. The latest one I keep hearing is how McCoy isn't a big back and needs to be protected. WTF? He isn't a small back either. He barely takes hits because he is always cutting. Plus you kept 4 RBs on the roster. USE THEM. If you want to limit his touches so he isn't worn out (assuming you make the playoffs) then at least run with the back ups.

The team as a whole should be averaging 30 carries per game at least.

Their worst performance was probably the Miami Dolphins physically mauling them at the point of attack in Week 3.

The Jets D was fine against the 49ers when the game was still in doubt. Held the 49ers to 10 points, 7 scored on some trickery, in a first half where the Jets offense turned the ball over three (!!) times. That's good stuff.

In the second half, they surrendered a touchdown on a 48 yard drive towards the end of the third quarter. Then on the Jets very next possession after its 17-0, offense delivers more lulz, the 49ers run a fumble back for a TD. At 24-0, game's over. Jets D quits at that point. Embarrassing from an effort standpoint doe.

When a team racks up 250 rushing yards on 40 carries, its not because they're trying to win the game, it's because they're already winning by a good amount and just running the clock out.

lol we missed 2 FG's from the normally reliable akers and had a dropped 3rd down play to crabtree early that would've gone for big yards, a dropped 50 yard TD to manningham and alex missed manningham again deep on the left side by about 4 inches. as for the "trickery", since when is lining up in shotgun and running a QB draw left trickery?

we would have won that game whether we scored 3 points or 34 points or whatever it was. jets D wasn't as bad as their offense but we left a lot of points on the field

bionic77

Its so bad that the Eagles PR man who runs their website writes an article almost every week defending the run pass ratio, how McCoy averages 20 touches per game, and in today's NFL to win you have to pass to get a lead before you run.

The last point is true but only if you have an elite QB the likes of Rodgers, Brees, or Eli. Not Vick.

And their are always excuses as to why they don't run. The latest one I keep hearing is how McCoy isn't a big back and needs to be protected. WTF? He isn't a small back either. He barely takes hits because he is always cutting. Plus you kept 4 RBs on the roster. USE THEM. If you want to limit his touches so he isn't worn out (assuming you make the playoffs) then at least run with the back ups.

The team as a whole should be averaging 30 carries per game at least.
That's horrible. Send him to Pittsburgh. Haley and Tomlin would run him into the ground on the way to a few Superbowls.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
There's a national story about an overweight anchorwoman from Wisconsin and not a single mention of it in this thread.

You guys are getting old and busted like Manning's arm.

LJ11

The unions totally let these guys down. I think it was interesting but it was almost like "these guys went broke point and laugh". There really wasn't an exploration of how to change things. It's also pretty insulting to make the blanket statement that most 22 year olds would go broke if given millions of dollars

That was also the first time I had heard Bart Scott speak outside of the crazy interviews he does. He seemed like a different person. Must have been off his steroid cycle

Was going to point this out when you brought up Jenkins/Fisher money manager issue a few months ago, but you were also on point with it being a conflict of interest. I haven't watched Broke, but plenty of players got caught up in ponzie schemes the last few years, some of the advisers/managers were union approved. Word of mouth also gets them mixed in with the wrong people. I'm sure Fisher was honestly looking out for the guy, but if something goes wrong then you're putting it on the coach, not an ideal situation.

You have professionals who get caught up in this garbage, unions and football players are ripe for the taking.

Holmes being out for the year probably the best thing for the Jets right now. He's a cancer, as good as he is.

Give Tebow a shot and start using the running game more.

Drakeon

Holmes being out for the year probably the best thing for the Jets right now. He's a cancer, as good as he is.

Give Tebow a shot and start using the running game more.

Do you have anyone behind Greene who isn't terrible though? Because Shonn Greene is pretty bad.

I want to look at the footage on one of Romo's INTs.

Pretty sure he threw the ball inside way after Dez had already broken out on his route.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I want to look at the footage on one of Romo's INTs.

Pretty sure he threw the ball inside way after Dez had already broken out on his route.

Tillman knew the hot route and Dez did not. Probably still a pick, and since Bryant doesn't give a shit, probably still a taint.

EDIT: I guess I'm saying the throw was perfect. Does Tillman have a reputation as a gambler? Because a pump and go right there probably works well, if Romo doesn't get drilled in the ribs first.

Doomsayer

THURSDAY OCT 4TH
ARI @ STL - I really don't see ARI losing this game. Maybe an emotional letdown after an emotional win.

SUNDAY OCT 7TH
PHI @ PIT - It's going to be a long season for the Steelers.
GB @ IND - Will be closer than most expect.
CLE @ NYG - I'm so sorry Brownies.
ATL @ WAS - Will come down to the last possession.
MIA @ CIN - Dalton is having a damn good year. Bengals are under the radar as well because they play in the same divison as the Ravens/Steelers
BAL @ KC - It will be ugly.

SEA @ CAR - Suck it up and win a game, Scam.
CHI @ JAC - This will be closer than it should be. Cutler will slang and I think Mojo is going to have a damn good game.
DEN @ NE - NE will pull this one out. Brady is going to do a number on the Broncos D.
BUF @ SF
TEN @ MIN - Hasselbroke against this athletic front 7? Bloodbath.

SD @ NO - I just can't pick NO.

MONDAY OCT 8TH
HOU @ NYJ - Free McElroy

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Whoa.....Im still worried as shit about Monday though.

As am I, like usual, but this is the first time we are facing the Jets with a Wade Phillips D. Both times we were beat by the Jets they were a better team and we had some of the worst D on the planet.

Sanchez has never seen this type of Texans team and he's only become a shittier QB.

Spinluck

Texans the first number 1 to 'hold serve.'

I don't know what to make of this. Can't shake the feeling this will all come crashing down.

SkOVH.jpg

Texans fans will cuss me out and call me a hater, but they haven't really gone up against a tough team, or an offense this season. You can sorta say the same for the Falcons. Except for maybe the Broncos, who still need time to mesh together.

It's just the truth.

I think they've won those games with a total 70+ points in difference, I think. Which is still pretty impressive. Broncos being the only close game.

The next 2 weeks after this upcoming one will be fun to watch for them though.

I think the HOU vs BAL game will decide the best team in the AFC.

Btw, I still cannot believe the Saints are losing to such low tier teams.

Spinluck

Do you have anyone behind Greene who isn't terrible though? Because Shonn Greene is pretty bad.

Yes, Shonn sucks ass.

I honestly cannot remember him doing much since that breakout playoff game against the Chargers. He barely does shit and fantasy, and I don't see him as a productive player on their offense.

Top Bottom