• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

They have a knack for scoring a couple TDs when they're down 20+ points. Not sure how impressive that is. I guess they don't quit, but they haven't even been competitive in the first three quarters against New England, Atlanta, or Houston.

Manning isn't used to not being a factor.

I'm sorry, but Manning is cooked. Defenses know he can't throw distance. Teams took away the middle for him, forcing him to throw wounded ducks outside, and his arm can't hold up. He looked like Tebow throwing those out routes today.

Spinluck

Manning isn't used to not being a factor.

I'm sorry, but Manning is cooked. Defenses know he can't throw distance. Teams took away the middle for him, forcing him to throw wounded ducks outside, and his arm can't hold up. He looked like Tebow throwing those out routes today.

Sure, his arm is weaker, but he threw the ball all over NE. He threw short, intermediate, and deep balls. You saying he only hit receivers on out routes makes me wonder if you even watched the game or know what an out route is. Not only that, but you've completely disregarded that the deep ball was never Manning's strength or forte.

The notion that Manning is done and can't throw well is so exaggerated lol.

I'm sure having the 5th best QBR(101.2) is a sign that he is screwed, and that 66% completion percentage is bad too. Or being 3rd in passing yards(1,507), perhaps it's having the 3rd most passing TD's? He's thrown 3 picks in one Quarter, and that's been his worst so far.

Sure he played like a rusty fuck here and there earlier this season, but he looks less rusty each week. Those floating ducks are sure working wonders.

Before you use YAC as an excuse, consider that YAC in general bloats like every QB's stats, period.

I knew Saints would win. THE WINLESS ISLE IS OURS AND OURS ALONE.

Just know that you're a Browns fan, meaning nothing could ever break you, mentally.

squicken

Hearing Manning say "we have to win one of these close games" is really disengenuous. They got their butt kicked three times now. Having a relatively small margin of defeat does not mean "close game"

Yeah I want to say he's been Camming it this year, but I guess that now means something different. But these furious "comebacks" where everyone starts giving him the short stuff aren't really scaring anyone. And really, unless that defense improves, they aren't challenging the big boys in the AFC

If someone had told me the Dolphins and Packers would have the same record after 5 weeks I probably would have been pretty happy. Actually, even knowing the record I'm kind of happy.

Sure, his arm is weaker, but he threw the ball all over NE. He threw short, intermediate, and deep balls. You saying he only hit receivers on out routes makes me wonder if you even watched the game or know what an out route is. Not only that, but you've completely disregarded that the deep ball was never Manning's strength or forte.

The notion that Manning is done and can't throw well is so exaggerated lol.

I'm sure having the 5th best QBR(101.2) is a sign that he is screwed, and that 66% completion percentage is bad too. Or being 3rd in passing yards(1,507), perhaps it's having the 3rd most passing TD's? He's thrown 3 picks in one Quarter, and that's been his worst so far.

Sure he played like a rusty fuck here and there earlier this season, but he looks less rusty each week. Those floating ducks are sure working wonders.

Before you use YAC as an excuse, consider that YAC in general bloats like every QB's stats, period.
7 points before garbage time.

TheFatOne

Trying to start an engineering major after being out of maths for 5 years is the worst idea ever. I'm fucked :jnc

I am currently doing computer science at my local community college. I was horrific at math, and had to slowly work my way up. It's definitely doable it just takes a ton of work.

Milchjon

I am currently doing computer science at my local community college. I was horrific at math, and had to slowly work my way up. It's definitely doable it just takes a ton of work.

The funny thing is, as I'm trying to grasp maths again, I realize that I've gotten better at learning overthe past few years. Stuff where I'd taken forever years ago just seem to click faster. Although I was never all that horrible at math, I just haven't done any in a long time.

Right now, I see a glimpse of hope that I might make it ;-)

P.S.: I like your avatar.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hope everybody is ready for the resurrection of Tebow tonight.

Jets will be back in first place after tonight!

no they wont :(

Slo

I had the strangest dream. The Vikes were 4-1. The Packers were sub .500. And MrBob was mysteriously posting in NFLGAF again.

Fucking weird.

eznark

Banned
its the way we are losing that is troublesome...

This offense looked good today in the first half but it looked like Invasion of the Bodysnatchers after halftime. Nobody looked like they knew wtf they were supposed to do.

As soon as Benson went down McCarthy figured running the ball wasnt an option anymore. Having Raji hurt didnt help our D but all the dropped INTs were killer. Im hoping we can bounce back but next week in Houston is gonna be a tough one.

Well, considering Green has possibly the worst vision of any NFL running back I've ever seen, I don't necessarily blame him. The guy killed two drives on his own with atrocious decision making. Not sure why Saine never saw the field.

slo said:
I had the strangest dream. The Vikes were 4-1. The Packers were sub .500. And MrBob was mysteriously posting in NFLGAF again.
:jnc

Truly the most egregious front runner in NFL/MLB Gaf history.

jmdajr

MNF..

I hope Texans don't cave under the pressure. Radio had some pretty examples of what could go wrong. Shit like Holiday fumbling at kick off, or a blocked punt. Ugh.
I think I prefer my Sunday 12:00 noon games more.

cajunator

Banned
MNF..

I hope Texans don't cave under the pressure. Radio had some pretty examples of what could go wrong. Shit like Holiday fumbling at kick off, or a blocked punt. Ugh.

Texans are pretty solid. Very highly unlikely they will fuck up this year.

Ahhh I love Monday mornings after a "W".

338957_394486520621822_839206616_o.jpg

Packers are a mess. Good thing my second team is so elite. Riding that bike to glory!

Fucking weird.
This and more can come true if you, too, believe in the Vike Bike.

Smokey

MNF..

yeh i heard this to...after yesterdays games i am now worried.

Texans are pretty solid. Very highly unlikely they will fuck up this year.

don't get it twisted, it is still a possibility

jmdajr

yeh i heard this to...after yesterdays games i am now worried.

don't get it twisted, it is still a possibility

I'll be so happy if we win, might have trouble going to sleep. I hope Gary has fired up the players all week like they are playing the best team in football. I mean he needs to be doing this shit every week, but Texans will take a serious hit in credibility if they lose this one.
I will be exponentially less hyped about going to Reliant this Sunday.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Went to the Giants game yesterday and while it was nice to come out of it with a win there are still a lot of concerns with this team that will really hurt when they matchup against better opponents.

1) The DL is not getting any kind of pressure whatsoever. Weeden looked pretty good when he actually hit his receivers.

2) Opponents are running all over the D as a whole. No one in the front 7 can seem to shed a block.

3) Antrel Rolle is the worst starting FS in the league. Constantly late, constantly out of position, constantly beaten deep. One more game of this shit and I swear I will start AntrelRolleSUCKS.com

4) The team as a whole is soft.

Everything looks great against the likes of Carolina, TB and Cleveland but those types of games won't last.

squicken

NFC is 15-6 vs AFC and that's with a couple of comebacks by IND and PIT (and the SD choke). There's going to be some good NFC teams that don't make the playoffs

edit: I think the Giants are a good team but this could be a year where 11-5 might not make the playoffs. I remember a year where SF had a really good team but the Saints won the division and SF missed the playoffs on tiebreakers. Gotta win the division to be sure

edit 2: It was 1991. Saints won division at 11-5. Young got hurt, Bono had to play a lot, they went 10-6 but lost twice to ATL and missed the WC

Sucks the Eagles lost yesterday. Every year they give away a few games that they should absolutely win. They really need to check the wavier wire or make a trade for a new Center. Cards and Steelers just blitzed the a gap all game and got huge pressure on Vick. Thank god the Giants were nice enough not to do that, but they cant count on other teams being so nice. 4 times this year the Eagles were losing by one score going into the final offensive possession, and all 4 times Vick has lead them down the field for the go ahead score. Sucks the D couldnt hold it this time.

jmdajr

NFC is 15-6 vs AFC and that's with a couple of comebacks by IND and PIT (and the SD choke). There's gong to be some good NFC teams that don't make the playoffs

edit: I think the Giants are a good team but this could be a year where 11-5 might not make the playoffs. I remember a year where SF had a really good team but the Falcons won the division and SF missed the playoffs on tiebreakers. Gotta win the division to be sure

I'm just glad the Texans are not facing the NFC West Powerhouse. Everyone is above .500.

Adding to that, we do face the NFC North. Now more worried about facing the Vikings than the Lions. That all changed quick. Poor kitties.

squicken

I'm just glad the Texans are not facing the NFC West Powerhouse. Everyone is above .500.

Adding to that, we do face the NFC North. Now more worried about facing the Vikings than the Lions. That all changed quick. Poor kitties.

eh STL has a couple of home wins vs SEA and AZ. Rams are a 6 win team that might win 7 or 8 on luck/coaching. SEA and AZ just aren't that good. AZ especially. Their offense can't block and they have lots of issues in their secondary.

SF are the monsters. Can't wait to see them vs NE

KingKong

It's only been 5 weeks. NFCN is still going to be 1. GB, 2. Bears, 3. Lions and 4. Vikings

Milchjon

eh STL has a couple of home wins vs SEA and AZ. Rams are a 6 win team that might win 7 or 8 on luck/coaching. SEA and AZ just aren't that good. AZ especially. Their offense can't block and they have lots of issues in their secondary.

I can totally wait to see it.

Will be fun though. The seem to match up very well. But Smith will just break his passing record and we're fucked.

jmdajr

Well I was partly joking about all that. Still not bad though.

bionic77

Sucks the Eagles lost yesterday. Every year they give away a few games that they should absolutely win. They really need to check the wavier wire or make a trade for a new Center. Cards and Steelers just blitzed the a gap all game and got huge pressure on Vick. Thank god the Giants were nice enough not to do that, but they cant count on other teams being so nice. 4 times this year the Eagles were losing by one score going into the final offensive possession, and all 4 times Vick has lead them down the field for the go ahead score. Sucks the D couldnt hold it this time.
While the Eagles have more talent than the Steelers (especially with our injuries on defense) I am not so sure the Eagles absolutely should have won that game.

I thought they were pretty fortunate to even have a chance to win the game with all of their turnovers. If our receivers didn't drop the ball or trip on the grass the Eagles might have been blown out.

In the end the difference was the quarterbacks. Vick is just not as good as Ben. Ben faced a much better defense and still made way more plays.

The most surprising thing to me was that Mendenhall outrushed McCoy coming off the knee injury. We looked really good running to the left. Hope we can keep it up. If we can get a run game going and the receivers start holding onto the ball, the play action might give us the time we need to go deep and start getting the big plays on offense.

Wellington said:
4) The team as a whole is soft.
Mentally or physically? Physically, yeah. So many of them are made of glass.

Mentally? I disagree. A mentally soft team would have caved under that 14 point hole they put themselves in against the Browns. A team they SHOULD have blown out from the get go. It would have given up after Eli's 3 picks in that TB game instead of coming out in the 4th QTR and winning that game.

Mentally this is a strong team, IMO and offensively you can seemingly put whatever receiver you want on the field and Eli will get production out of them. My concern is mostly with the defense right now (as it was in 2011) and frankly there are two major factors that need to be taken into consideration:

- Injuries. It isn't an excuse and we deal with it regularly but this season we don't have Canty who's pressure up the middle is a big cog for our defensive line. Bernard, Austin and Kuhn have been poor substitutes. Austin has huge upside but needs play time. The secondary is a hot mess of non-interchangeable parts with a declining veteran (Webster) and 3rd/4th team guys getting playing time because the young cornerbacks we have can't stay healthy (Hosely, Prince, T2). Not to mention we lost our best coverage DB in Kenny Phillips. The fact that we're not '09 levels of bad yet is amazing to me.

- Tuck and Osi have been invisible. With all of the injuries we need these guys to step it up and both are living on reputation right now. Tuck has at least been ok in his run defense but he's getting one on one opportunities and doing nothing with them. Osi is Osi. Run all you want on him and he won't do anything about it. I thought the Cleveland game was JPP's weakest of the season but I mentioned it yesterday - he can't be a one man defense every game.

It's my birthday and I feel old.

Probably still the youngest active member of NFL-GAF

And I'll save you the trouble of finding "the" picture.

HB-grimreaper.gif

Cam Newton is awful. Carolina's offensive line is pretty bad, but he is inaccurate, turns the ball over, and is worthless in the red zone unless he is rushing. Even that's been taken away from him considering he is getting sacked a lot. I honestly think that Tebow is better at throwing the ball than he is.

I don't know about all that. It's true that Cam hasn't made any of the progressions this year that Panthers' fans wanted to see. And he does shoulder his share of the blame for our offensive woes so far.

But...Tebow is a special brand of terrible.

Well I've been waiting a long time to say you're all my favorite cunts ever.

Please don't ban me!

EDIT: Happy B-Day Grover!

Milchjon

HB-grimreaper.gif

I don't know about all that. It's true that Cam hasn't made any of the progressions this year that Panthers' fans wanted to see. And he does shoulder his share of the blame for our offensive woes so far.

Have a bitchin birthday, young man.

MechDX

[imghttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z188/MDSposse/foed/HB-grimreaper.gif[/img]

party.gif

Top Bottom