• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

squicken

Yeah the cb bit on the slant and then manningham faded to the corner. It was a poor effort but you also have to give credit to us. You don't have 2 games like this and say "well it only happened because the other team quit!" I guarantee no one else in the NFC west beats these teams with that margin of victory

Not saying that at all. You guys made them "give up". And on that slant, he has to sell out. There's no one inside to help him. And they are blitzing an LB vs the extra OT you bring in. It's just too much stress on their D. Good play design by you guys, and bad call by them

bionic77

We can say cunt and call Adelle fat again?

Excellent.
Are the wrists of delicate transgender qb's still off limits?

Even if it is that is ok. There is plenty else wrong with that boy's body that we can focus on!

On Colon -- yes, his pass protection was awful. But those holes Mendy was running through? A lot of them were on Colon's side.

On Haley -- still sick of kicking FGs once we get into the red zone. One of those was obviously on Cotchery tripping over his own foot. But we need 6 down there, not 3. Our D is just not gonna hold up (as is obvious with all the injuries). We will lose games this year if the O can't punch in more TDs.

On Reid's playcalling -- lolololololololol... that Vick QB draw inside the 5, that he fumbled into the end zone. Why in the flying fuck on 1st down would you run that? 1, you know your QB is glass; 2, you know your QB can't hold onto the football and 3, you have Shady in the backfield. Thank you based Reid for being a complete dumbass!!!
Not Haley's fault that receivers are dropping the ball. Not Ben's fault either. Hopefully that improves. I think we might score 40 on the Titans on Thursday. Lets just hope we can hold them to under 40 as well!

squicken

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
Jets prepared all week to give Tim Tebow a larger role/more reps vs Texans tonight. They realize he's probably their best playmaker now #nyj

:( worst night ever. JJ vs Tebow

Jets prepared all week to give Tim Tebow a larger role/more reps vs Texans tonight. They realize he's probably their best playmaker now #nyj
When Tebow is your best "playmaker" you know you're fucked.

Looking forward to the MNF game tonight. Probably be at the bar watching it with a friend. Texans going to whoop that Jets ass and Watt's gonna make Sanchez his bitch. Not even Lord Tebow can save the Jets this time!

On Colon -- yes, his pass protection was awful. But those holes Mendy was running through? A lot of them were on Colon's side.

On Haley -- still sick of kicking FGs once we get into the red zone. One of those was obviously on Cotchery tripping over his own foot. But we need 6 down there, not 3. Our D is just not gonna hold up (as is obvious with all the injuries). We will lose games this year if the O can't punch in more TDs.

On Reid's playcalling -- lolololololololol... that Vick QB draw inside the 5, that he fumbled into the end zone. Why in the flying fuck on 1st down would you run that? 1, you know your QB is glass; 2, you know your QB can't hold onto the football and 3, you have Shady in the backfield. Thank you based Reid for being a complete dumbass!!!

Can't blame Haley for poor execution. Cotchery's catch would have been a Touchdown if the turf monster didn't get him, and Heath would have gotten six if Ben gave him a good throw. Brown had a bad endzone drop too.

TheFatOne

Fuuuuuuuuuu I should have started Tebow instead of Roethlisberger.

jergrah

Glad to see Miami finally not blow it this week. I flew to the game in Arizona last Sunday, lot of highs and lows there. I like how the team is playing and think the future is bright. Tannehill seems to have more poise and confidence in 5 weeks than Henne ever had.

Random Stat:
Tannehill is first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250+ yards and record at least two wins in his team’s first five games.

Hopefully they can get after Bradford this Sunday, get a victory and head to the bye week at .500. I also hope they start to mix Lamar Miller in more, he's played great in his limited touches this season.

Narag

I haven't followed the Colts. What was their 1 bad loss that shouldnt have been a loss?

Like Blackghost said, a last minute TD on a blown coverage. Colts had just driven and kicked a FG to take the lead. Who knew you couldn't give Blaine Gabbert 45 seconds?

Glad to see Miami finally not blow it this week. I flew to the game in Arizona last Sunday, lot of highs and lows there. I like how the team is playing and think the future is bright. Tannehill seems to have more poise and confidence in 5 weeks than Henne ever had.

Random Stat:
Tannehill is first rookie in NFL history to pass for 1,250+ yards and record at least two wins in his team’s first five games.

Hopefully they can get after Bradford this Sunday, get a victory and head to the bye week at .500. I also hope they start to mix Lamar Miller in more, he's played great in his limited touches this season.
Thomas sound like he might have a second concussion, and Reggie is alittle banged up. Miller could get some chances soon

jmdajr

Damn Texans have so much riding tonight. Not only will they let down the whole City of Houston and Texans fans by losing, but all the Jets/Tebow haters nation wide.

Cagey

Banned

It's setting up perfectly:

1) Sanchez murdered by 49ers D
2) Sanchez murdered tonight by Texans D
3) Tebow generates the Jets only TD in a 31-7 loss with a standard 2 yard dive
4) Tebow given keys to the car for next week
5) Jets play Colts
6) Tebow plays better than Sanchez had been playing
because no one cares about adjusting performance for opponents
, Jets eek out a win over the Colts
7) NY Post runs with the story, knocking the Yankees off the back page; WFAN lights up with Tebow v. Sanchez debates
8) I boycott NY sports media until baseball + Tebow GTFO

Can't blame Haley for poor execution. Cotchery's catch would have been a Touchdown if the turf monster didn't get him, and Heath would have gotten six if Ben gave him a good throw. Brown had a bad endzone drop too.

Yeah, the offense looked rusty from the week off. Wallace and Brown had bad drops, Cotchery's trip, Ben's poor throw to Heath, Colon's stupid penalties, Pouncey's bad snaps. Maybe it's a good thing that the next game is Thursday.

Godslay

Banned
They have a knack for scoring a couple TDs when they're down 20+ points. Not sure how impressive that is. I guess they don't quit, but they haven't even been competitive in the first three quarters against New England, Atlanta, or Houston.

Manning has been the most consistent part of the squad. He's really only had one bad quarter. The defense has had multiple bad quarters and mistakes will always make a hole for a team to dig out of.

Manning isn't used to not being a factor.

I'm sorry, but Manning is cooked. Defenses know he can't throw distance. Teams took away the middle for him, forcing him to throw wounded ducks outside, and his arm can't hold up. He looked like Tebow throwing those out routes today.

He's progressing each week just like I said he would. He's far from 'cooked'. Like I stated above he has been the most consistent playmaker in the offense. The team as a whole has been really shaky in terms of making mistakes, calling bad plays (McCoy/Fox), and being unable to assemble a competent defense. Manning can't compensate for that every single week. He's doing his job just fine.

Outside of the Atlanta first quarter, he's been a damn good QB. Better than the majority of the league.

Andrew Luck is one ugly, goofy, motherlucka.

As for the Jets, I don't know what they got to lose in not allowing Tebow to start? Let him throw his 10 attempts for the entire game. It'll win them games!

squicken

So what about Luck v Tebow?

The Patriots knocked the ever loving shit out of Tebow in the playoffs last year. He wouldn't have been able to play then next game had they won. If they try their option crap with him this week he won't be healthy for next week. There's no way this is some sort of "trap" game. The Texans players want everyone to see how good they are. It will get ugly very quickly

bionic77

I smell trap game tonight.
The only way the Texans lose is through a Tebow miracle.

No way Sanchez beats them.

The plan right now seems to be to feed Sanchez to the wolves, letting the Texans D rip him apart for 4 quarters and then losing by 40 only to set up Tebow for the winnable game against the Colts the next week.

So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

Milchjon

Are the wrists of delicate transgender qb's still off limits?

Even if it is that is ok. There is plenty else wrong with that boy's body that we can focus on!

B2eFIl3p1.gif

Whoa just saw that thread by Evilore.

Does this mean Frankman will return to us? (if he hasn't already)

I think he may have directed it at someone, which seems to still be frowned upon. And he was close to the perma edge anyway.

But we can still hope!

jmdajr

Nothing against the Texans, I'm just wary of games that everybody calls before it's started. Nobody is giving the Jets a chance.

All the local media here has been extremely cautious with this game. I prefer this approach. Reality check.

National media thinks otherwise.

Tom Penny

The Patriots knocked the ever loving shit out of Tebow in the playoffs last year. He wouldn't have been able to play then next game had they won. If they try their option crap with him this week he won't be healthy for next week. There's no way this is some sort of "trap" game. The Texans players want everyone to see how good they are. It will get ugly very quickly

Schaub isn't throwing 5 TD's in the 1st half. Jets will be in the game although generating 0 points might not be enough to beat the Texans.

He's progressing each week just like I said he would. He's far from 'cooked'. Like I stated above he has been the most consistent playmaker in the offense. The team as a whole has been really shaky in terms of making mistakes, calling bad plays (McCoy/Fox), and being unable to assemble a competent defense. Manning can't compensate for that every single week. He's doing his job just fine.

Outside of the Atlanta first quarter, he's been a damn good QB. Better than the majority of the league.

What does that mean, "progressing"? Manning through four games gets going when the defense lets off the gas.

see5harp

Man great to see 49ers finally looking great and efficient on offense. Their rushing game has been extremely powerful but they haven't really broken any big ones this year. Even in the Jets game, they looked really bad at times until the 2nd half. They really could have ended up with 700 yards easily if not for the penalty calls that brought back 2 huge plays. I don't think I've seen a game where I really believed Alex Smith could light someone up, but on the other hand I've never seen a defensive line (a highly touted one at that) get so little pressure on Alex. I'm not sure if the 49ers are just that good nowadays or whether the Bills are just really underperforming.

Crisco

Banned
So my fantasy fate this week will be determined by the NY Jets lol. I'm up 32 but my opponent still has the Texans defense and Arian Foster to play. Go Jets!!

Top Bottom