• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

squicken

Schaub isn't throwing 5 TD's in the 1st half. Jets will be in the game although generating 0 points might not be enough to beat the Texans.

The Jets can't run and they can't pass either. Houston's defense is pretty close with SF. The only way they are in the game is if the don't turn it over and HOU's offense lays an egg.

my game prediction: Tebow tries to pass protect by chop blocking someone and they hurdle tebow and sack sanchez.

Not sure why anyone thought having Tebow pass block for the guy whose job he wants was a good thing.

How dare you?! What gives you the right?!

I'm pretty sure that not being a Browns fan gives everyone the right. It's in the constitution. Right after "you have the right to enjoy a delicious pizza."

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
They just unbanned the word cunt D:

:lol Frankman

FREE The Frankman!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Jets suck!

And why is Slo sporting a Matt Leinart avatar?

Pay attention to his avatars. They all have something in common.

I went and looked at the play, and it's just such a bad defense. The DB has no chance. There's no inside help. Manningham has 7 yards to run in either direction. Not sure how they put a guy on an island that big near the goal line.

Maybe he doesn't give the best effort but he is totally set up for failure. There's a safety not on screen but he's all the way over on the strong side. No help at all

mannrgshf.jpg

SF does an excellent job of dictating personnel. They were able to pound the rock and then came out on the 10 yard line with a heavy package. Buffalo counters by putting everybody in the box. SF calls a pass, game over. I don't know the Bills personnel very well, so I can't make too many conclusions. Maybe LJ can enlighten us.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
my game prediction: Tebow tries to pass protect by chop blocking someone and they hurdle tebow and sack sanchez.

More likely Tebow chops Watt so well that he crumples over with a blown out knee and is done for the year.

But Tebow has mercy for him and puts his hand on his knee, heals it and then whispers in his ear to go kill Sanchez.

bionic77

Manning beat Oakland and the Steelers. Why you hating?
I feel like the game against the Steelers should be thrown out. Not that our defense is not that horrible, but because at that time we played him like the old PeyPey and he just dunked us to death. Now teams know he is not 100% and there is way to gameplan against him.

When will Browns beat the Steelers again?
I have a feeling they will beat us this year. Though if our defense is healthy and stops Richardson this dream will have to wait until next year.

jmdajr

Well here are some stats.

Rankings. Jets

Total Offense 28
Passing 28
Rushing 25

Total Defense 20
Rushing 31
Passing 6

Now given all that, they lost Revis and Santonio Holmes.
I mean, it doesn't look good.

Tom Penny

I feel like the game against the Steelers should be thrown out. Not that our defense is not that horrible, but because at that time we played him like the old PeyPey and he just dunked us to death. Now teams know he is not 100% and there is way to gameplan against him.

Manning is still pretty damn good. It's really the idiots that thought Denver had a good defense last year and think they do this year that are delusional.

MechDX

Rankings. Jets

Total Offense 28
Passing 28
Rushing 25

Total Defense 20
Rushing 31
Passing 6

This would give me tremendous confidence If we knew exactly what was wrong with Tate's toe and we werent trying to kill Arian with carries.

Teeeeeebbboooooooowwwww!

Wooooooowwwwwwooooooooowwww!

I want to congratulate Grover, enjoy your time in your teens, before you know it, you're twenty and life will be over.

:(

squicken

SF does an excellent job of dictating personnel. They were able to pound the rock and then came out on the 10 yard line with a heavy package. Buffalo counters by putting everybody in the box. SF calls a pass, game over. I don't know the Bills personnel very well, so I can't make too many conclusions. Maybe LJ can enlighten us.

There's a shift and motion that also opens up all that room, which they also do such a good job with.

The LB that's blitzing on the weak side, it seems to me he should be dropping back to take away the slant. If they want to blitz, blitz from the stacked WRs. There's just too much room to ask a CB to defend in man coverage.

Tom Penny

Rankings. Jets

Total Offense 28
Passing 28
Rushing 25

Total Defense 20
Rushing 31
Passing 6

Why do you need rankings to know the Jets are in trouble. Are you typing on a braille keyboard?

bionic77

Manning is still pretty damn good. It's really the idiots that thought Denver had a good defense last year and think they do this year that are delusional.
Manning is only a mortal man. Denver was delusional and gave credit to the false God Elway for their success last year. It is only now that they are starting to understand that everything good that happened to that team and state last year was by the hand of Tebow.

They won't win without him now, but their best hope is that he is not a wrathful deity who is prone to vengeance or else things are about to go to shit in the mile high city...

Yeah, I don't think there's anything major wrong with Manning. I can see he's been improving. Denver just doesn't have the same kind of talent that his old Colt team had.

Tom Penny

Manning is only a mortal man. Denver was delusional and gave credit to the false God Elway for their success last year. It is only now that they are starting to understand that everything good that happened to that team and state last year was by the hand of Tebow.

They won't win without him now, but their best hope is that he is not a wrathful deity who is prone to vengeance or else things are about to go to shit in the mile high city...

It's funny when you think about it though. Denver was basically a fraudulent team last year and won a playoff game. If Manning doesn't win at least 2 how can you consider him a success?

That one touchdown by Thomas was awful though. Simple screen, defense couldn't pick up all blockers, 80 yard touchdown. Manning had a competent game, and as you said the Steelers never made him have to throw anything deep.

MechDX

Just read Kings MMQB column and his Monday pick comment got me thinking:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/10/08/week-5/3.html

I've got Houston 33, Jets 13 tonight in the Meadowlands, but the smoke signals coming out of Florham Park, N.J., where the Jets train, were of a team that's mad as heck and not going to take getting pushed around, particularly in the run game.

Coming off a game in which the Jets were outrushed 245-45, it's the only approach Ryan could take. They can't stop the run, and Shonn Greene is just a guy. "We had nosebleed Wednesday,'' Ryan said after the first practice of the week, which actually was Thursday because of the day-later Monday night scheduled this week. "We put in an extra period. This was one of our coach's ideas and we thought it was a great one. I challenged the staff to come up with things that we think will help our team. One of the things was to have a little period, maybe an eight-minute period, where it's just base runs versus your defense. It's ones versus ones and it's your base power running game against the defense ...

I think the Jets stack the box to stop the run not wanting Arian to repeat Gore's performance. Texans TE's (Daniels/Graham our Sconi boys!) and Keshawn Martin in the slot have a field day over the middle.

Am I weird for thinking Weeden is pretty good?
Hes not bad but I just don't think he'll ever the potential to be great like like Luck, Rg3 , or maybe even Tranny. At best he'll be a good starting Qb, maybe the level of Flacco before he become elite. I just think it was a bad choice to pick him in the first, and kind of a move of desperation. Also to think if we have a whole new front Office next year/coach, and the number 1 pick, that we won't pick a Qb exepecislly when a old Regime picked a 30 year old one before is crazy. Unless they really feel like Weeden is the guy and can play at a high level for 10 years or so.. Tehe

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Shurmur: brad it's 3rd and 3 on the goal, what should we do?
Childress: run it up the middle with Trent
Shurmur: SLANTS!!!
Little: drops ball, does Usain Bolt pose

Fixed it a bit for you there.

On an actual plus from yesterday was glad to see Josh Gordon get some reps. I hope this game goes a long way in helping his development.

It's garbage he was even ejected. The ref initiated the contact. Smith was less aggressive with the ref than Belichick.

You're preaching to the choir.

Either way though he will need to pull the reigns in a bit or he will be bankrupt before he can get a contract extension.

I went and looked at the play, and it's just such a bad defense. The DB has no chance. There's no inside help. Manningham has 7 yards to run in either direction. Not sure how they put a guy on an island that big near the goal line.

Maybe he doesn't give the best effort but he is totally set up for failure. There's a safety not on screen but he's all the way over on the strong side. No help at all

mannrgshf.jpg

The separation from the route that Manningham ran was just unreal. The DB was completely fooled too...wish someone had it in gif form. The highlight is on NFL.com though..

Top Bottom