• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

LJ11

I thought he had the talent but would need to sit a year. Weird that he and Sherman are working it so well. They couldn't have unraveled worse last year as a tandem

That defensive unit was pretty shit even though you hear a lot about Moore and Porter. Had a couple of backs, and a good OL, but that's about it. Swope was their best receiver, guess Tannehill loves white guys.

Another thing that killed them was their inability to stretch the field on the outside, especially since they work the deep comeback/out game. Corners never had to flip their hips and run when they were in off-man, Fuller wasn't running by anyone. Teams just started driving on the outside routes. If the Tannehill train gets derailed in the coming weeks it'll be for similar reasons.

The woods segment with the "video tape" killer was so awful. I mean just really bad. As was the boy/girl on a trip story which ended so abruptly right when it got interesting. I thought the Succubus and Haunted House were the two strongest segments but my god the camera work did them ZERO justice. There's hand cam movies and then there's really annoying hand cam movies.

The recent "The Thing" prequel wasn't too bad either now that I think about it.

Yeah, the Haunted House one was pretty interesting and had good potential, but I saw that ending coming from 20 miles away. And I agree about the camera issues...plus, they tried way too hard and overused the effects to make it look like old video tape.

see5harp

Many of the movies that terrify me nowadays just aren't super traditional horror films. Cabin in the Woods isn't even really scary but is a great movie.

EDIT: There are thrillers like I Saw The Devil that do great things with the serial killer genre. The fact that the entire movie you know exactly who the serial killer is (including one of the victims), and seeing the serial killer get repeatedly tortured himself was really memorable.

Slo

Why is it everytime the Broncos beat the Steelers it should be thrown out? Tebow of all mortal men embarrassed Lebeau. Manning came in from being gone from football forever, and hung up a decent game. It's like a mediocre team, with bloated expectations, not being able to believe that they got beat by another mediocre team with bloated expectations. Deal with it.

Voice of honesty. The players around him have the talent, but they are not doing their jobs and are making mistakes. The defense is regressing. Manning is the only thing propping up the team at this point.

If only you had 11 Deckers.

jmdajr

Caught on camera! This has to be embarrassing!

http://deadspin.com/5949846/the-air+humping-chicago-bears-assistant-coach-is-really-gross

Someone please get a gif!

bears1_zpsce792f2b.gif

JABEE

Next stop: Detroit. It was a tough game yesterday, but it's time to regroup and beat the Lions.

Frankman, rest in peace, yo I'm out.

Why is it everytime the Broncos beat the Steelers it should be thrown out? Tebow of all mortal men embarrassed Lebeau. Manning came in from being gone from football forever, and hung up a decent game. It's like a mediocre team, with bloated expectations, not being able to believe that they got beat by another mediocre team with bloated expectations. Deal with it.

Voice of honesty. The players around him have the talent, but they are not doing their jobs and are making mistakes. The defense is regressing. Manning is the only thing propping up the team at this point.

Let's play one in Pittsburgh where our free safety can play without fear of dying.

Godslay

Banned
Let's play one in Pittsburgh where our free safety can play without fear of dying.

If we are going to complain about lost players, then let's wait for DJ Williams to comeback, Chris Kuper to get back into the swing of things. We were missing marquee players as well. It's always excuses, Denver didn't make any with a bad QB, or an old QB coming back off a serious injury. So why do certain Pitt fans on here make them? Your team got beat, deal with it.

Not a surprise but as per PFT:

Troy Polamalu will not play Thursday

Steelers safety Troy Polamalu has already been ruled out for Thursday night’s game against the Titans after re-aggravating his right calf injury during Sunday’s win over the Eagles.

------------------------------

firen said:
With the way the Giants have been playing late in the game, we need another ELITE performance by Alex.
The Giants play their best against great teams so I expect a good physical game. Especially being an NFC Championship rematch. I don't expect to win give the state of our defense and the fact that it's a home game for the Niners. Still, we're not the Bills or the Jets offense and we can definitely move the ball. We need to get some key pieces back including Hakeem and some defensive pieces.

harSon

Banned
If we are going to complain about lost players, then let's wait for DJ Williams to comeback, Chris Kuper to get back into the swing of things. We were missing marquee players as well. It's always excuses, Denver didn't make any with a bad QB, or an old QB coming back off a serious injury. So why do certain Pitt fans on here make them? Your team got beat, deal with it.

Lol, you're going to compare DJ Williams and Chris Kuper to James Harrison, Mendenhall, Ryan Clark and pretty much half our entire offensive line in terms of importance? Not all injuries are comparable bro.

see5harp

Looking forward to the 49ers Giants game (I will be in attendance!!). There haven't been any awesome crazy hits in the last few games and it'll be nice to see a QB who can hit targets so the secondary can get a chance to blast them.

Slo

Are the Vikings the most beloved team on GAF? I cant think of anyone who hates them.

Are you hunting for sconis? If you could buy a hunting call that would cause a a herd of sconis to waddle out of their trailers and log cabins and stumble directly to your location, it'd sound exactly like that sentence does.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Herr Goodell has won...

“I was nervous. I thought he might duck his head, and I might hit him, and I can’t take no fines,” Harrison said, via 105.9 in Pittsburgh “I was worried more about the fine. . . . If at the last second he ducks his head, ducks down and we make helmet-to-helmet contact, it’s the fault of the defender.”

Godslay

Banned
Lol, you're going to compare DJ Williams and Chris Kuper to James Harrison, Mendenhall, Ryan Clark and pretty much half our entire offensive line in terms of importance? Not all injuries are comparable bro.

I'm just saying your team got beat, and all that is ever done by the Steeler fans (some not all) is to make excuses about this or that. Your team should have been able to shut down Tebow. Lesser teams did exactly that (a banged up KC team for instance), but Lebeau decided to play his dumbfuck card and got his ass whooped by a QB that some argue couldn't throw to save his life. At some point excuses don't cut it, and I'm sick of hearing them when it comes to the Steelers being beat by the Broncos. Hell even Carson Palmer came back and won against them. What's the excuse there? Like I said, Pitt is a mediocre team at this point.

Furthermore, DJ Williams was the Broncos leading tackler and a leader on the defense. Same with Chris Kuper on the line, second best lineman imo outside of Clady. Those are lynchpins for both sides of the ball. You can see that their backups are not even in the same realm as they are.

I'm just saying your team got beat, and all that is ever done by the Steeler fans (some not all) is to make excuses about this or that. Your team should have been able to shut down Tebow. Lesser teams did exactly that (a banged up KC team for instance), but Lebeau decided to play his dumbfuck card and got his ass whooped by a QB that some argue couldn't throw to save his life. At some point excuses don't cut it, and I'm sick of hearing them when it comes to the Steelers being beat by the Broncos. Hell even Carson Palmer came back and won against them. What's the excuse there? Like I said, Pitt is a mediocre team at this point.

Furthermore, DJ Williams was the Broncos leading tackler and a leader on the defense. Same with Chris Kuper on the line, second best lineman imo outside of Clady. Those are lynchpins for both sides of the ball. You can see that their backups are not even in the same realm as they are.
You speak the truth.

harSon

Banned

It's not an excuse in this case, it's a fact. Our defense is notoriously shit when either Polamalu or Ryan Clark is out due to the complete lack of depth behind them. Every time they're out, irregardless of who we're playing, we get completely shredded in the passing game.

Top Bottom