• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

bionic77

I'm just saying your team got beat, and all that is ever done by the Steeler fans (some not all) is to make excuses about this or that. Your team should have been able to shut down Tebow. Lesser teams did exactly that (a banged up KC team for instance), but Lebeau decided to play his dumbfuck card and got his ass whooped by a QB that some argue couldn't throw to save his life. At some point excuses don't cut it, and I'm sick of hearing them when it comes to the Steelers being beat by the Broncos. Hell even Carson Palmer came back and won against them. What's the excuse there? Like I said, Pitt is a mediocre team at this point.

Furthermore, DJ Williams was the Broncos leading tackler and a leader on the defense. Same with Chris Kuper on the line, second best lineman imo outside of Clady. Those are lynchpins for both sides of the ball. You can see that their backups are not even in the same realm as they are.
I can't dispute we have been a shit team to this point, I mean we let the Raiders offense have its way with us for the entire second half in a horrible loss.

My point was not that the Steelers were a better team than the Broncos or that they deserved to win, I just thought that their offensive showing against us was not indicative of how good or bad they really were. Our coaches were still acting like it was the Peyton of old, not the newer, not as good version (though still better than most qb's). I think our gameplan would have been very different if we had known then what everyone knows now. Now keep in mind, it is possible that even gimp Peyton might have scored like 5 straight TDs on our shit defense, but it would have been done in a different fashion then how it went down in week 1.

bionic77

You said you were going to make one. Or should I just use yours?

Crimson I have your avatar ready.

antonio-brownsm.jpg

Not everyone is going to recognize what this is, but you will!

Enjoy!

From a few hours ago.

eznark

Banned
They used to be hated on quite a bit, it's just that a few years of being irrelevant have given people no reason to really hate on them.

Once Darth Vader has been turned into Retard McClownshoes it's tough to keep the hate fires burning. Trust me, if they beat a good team I will once again hate them.

Godslay

Banned
It's not an excuse in this case, it's a fact. Our defense is notoriously shit when either Polamalu or Ryan Clark is out due to the complete lack of depth behind them. Every time they're out, irregardless of who we're playing, we get completely shredded in the passing game.

Whatever makes you feel better I guess. They still should have been able to shutdown Tebow, even missing Clark. Irc Polamalu and Harrison played in the playoff game. It shouldn't be difficult to stop a sub 50% completion QB.

As far as Manning beating them, it's what I would expect him to do against a mediocre defense missing some playmakers.

Seda

Marshall calls into Jay's radio show and jokes about interception. Jay blames BM, then says: This is my show, get off of it.

It was just friendly banter of course.

Godslay

Banned
I can't dispute we have been a shit team to this point, I mean we let the Raiders offense have its way with us for the entire second half in a horrible loss.

My point was not that the Steelers were a better team than the Broncos or that they deserved to win, I just thought that their offensive showing against us was not indicative of how good or bad they really were. Our coaches were still acting like it was the Peyton of old, not the newer, not as good version (though still better than most qb's). I think our gameplan would have been very different if we had known then what everyone knows now. Now keep in mind, it is possible that even gimp Peyton might have scored like 5 straight TDs on our shit defense, but it would have been done in a different fashion then how it went down in week 1.

Fair enough.

bionic77

Whatever makes you feel better I guess. They still should have been able to shutdown Tebow, even missing Clark. Irc Polamalu and Harrison played in the playoff game. It shouldn't be difficult to stop a sub 50% completion QB.

As far as Manning beating them, it's what I would expect him to do against a mediocre defense missing some playmakers.
Tebow gave you everything and this is how you repay him?

Mrbob

Marshall calls into Jay's radio show and jokes about interception. Jay blames BM, then says: This is my show, get off of it.

It was just friendly banter of course.

What show is this and is there a podcast available?

jmdajr

Texans fans flooding Big Apple

Flooding might be reaching, but that's cool..represent!

Texans fans are soaring these days, and they have every reason to be on Cloud Nine as Houston’s lovable, undefeated team takes on the New York Jets on Monday Night Football.

Texans fans have stormed the Big Apple and seem to be popping up randomly as you can see in the screen grab above.

One of the most impressive things about Texans fans is their relentless passion for this team. The organization has enjoyed sellout crowds since the franchise’s inaugural season, despite only making the playoffs once. Texans fans, your patience seems to be paying off so far this season, and the team seems to be morphing into one with a fan base that’ll travel.

Friends of mine in New York say they’ve seen Texans fans at every spot they’ve visited in Manhattan. Way to go, guys!

If you’re in New York or New Jersey and you spot Texans fans, shoot a pic and send it my way. Have fun!

texansfaninbackground.jpg

Heck I forgot where I read it, but there are still 12,000 tickets left for sale. Anyone have a plane?
All Texans GAF can go.. all... 6 of us.

Sometimes you google for stuff like cool images of Gators and Jaguars fighting and google show you the most disturbing stuff ever.

Welcome back safe search.

Seda

I still don't think Bears make the playoffs. They've beaten Luck, Romo, Gabbert, and Bradford. Whoop-dee-do.

Seda

Every year I predict when he will fade from MLB gaf and every year he leaves weeks earlier than I predict. I don't think he even made it to opening day this year.

I posted on opening day at that was it lol.

EDIT: I like to think I'm pretty active in the other 3 sport thread no matter how the Chicago teams are doing. Not during the offseason though.

Mrbob

The Caleb Hanie era broke me last season....can you blame me?! Plus I stuck it out till season's end. I'm not big into off season talk!

Cubs are in trash mode right now rebuilding, so there really is nothing to talk about!

Edit: Not only are the Vikings the the best team in the NFC North, Ponder is the sexiest looking starting QB!

bionic77

Shame on me, Tebow has a greater predestined path. Nothing Elway could do would prevent this rise. Now we have to languish in the darkness in Denver.
Thats the spirit.

Tebow is most merciful and now may allow the Bronocs to lose to the Jets in the playoffs.

Even Ryan won't be able to stop him for much longer. In Denver the GM was against him and Tebow still succeeded. One fat loudmouth coach has no chance.

Smokey

The Caleb Hanie era broke me last season....can you blame me?! Plus I stuck it out till season's end. I'm not big into off season talk!

Cubs are in trash mode right now rebuilding, so there really is nothing to talk about!

Edit: Not only are the Vikings the the best team in the NFC North, Ponder is the sexiest looking starting QB!

where has your flip floppin ass been? thats right not in this thread until your smug qb and team have had a little success. A man sticks around even in the toughest of times (2010 texans)

i am counting down the days until i fit your avatar with a nice fully grown WEASEL

Definition of a fair weather fan

Mrbob

You guys don't know pain unless you have Caleb Hanie start for you. Comments disregarded!

He may not have traditional good looks, but it looks like his mullet is coming along nicely.

Ponder vs Allen: Which one are you taking out on a date?!

Top Bottom