• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Grizza

Mario Williams sorry ass should've went to the bears instead of Chris johnsoning his career away. Easily would have been spectacular with the bears. Easily.

Bears couldn't afford him. I'm sure he'd be a great fit on every team in the NFL, but only a bad team would have the dough to sign him.

What's sad about the Ravens this year is our defense. I have Jamaal Charles on my fantasy team going against the Ravens. In the past, I'd have benched him, because he's the type of runner who would disappear against Baltimore's D. Now, I thought " well, this is a good matchup for Charles." I think we'll win handily, but our defense is done. We haven't looked good yet. Even once.

MechDX

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/02/week-four-power-rankings-3/

1. Texans (five first-place votes): On Monday night, Jets fans will witness “ground and pound” in a very different way than they ever envisioned.

2. Falcons: The road to the Superdome will be going through the Georgia Dome.

3. Ravens: A showdown with the Texans is inching closer and closer. Contusions are likely.

Jets game in primetime yet the Ravens game is a noon CBS start. What was ESPN thinking?

ari

Banned
Bears couldn't afford him. I'm sure he'd be a great fit on every team in the NFL, but only a bad team would have the dough to sign him.
That dickhead knew what he was doing, bears wanted him badly. Sure this ain't the Miami heat by any imagination, but the bills? 50-70 million on a winning team in football is attracting.

The only reason he went to the bills was because he was money hungry and wanted his career to die. Chris johnson style. His play in the last 4 games is just that.

MechDX

I'm going to that game, and it's shaping up to be a great one. Does Houston view us as rivals? We've had some close games, but come on....win one.

Houston views you as a team we are 0-5 against. A team that beat us in the playoffs that most feel if Schaub was there we would have won.

Statement game for the Texans this year like the Steelers game was last year where we physically abused Ben. I actually feel more confident against you guys than against the Jets.

Grizza

That dickhead knew what he was doing, bears wanted him badly. Sure this ain't the Miami heat by any imagination, but the bills? 50-70 million on a winning team in football is attracting.

The only reason he went to the bills was because he was money hungry and wanted his career to die. Chris johnson style. His play in the last 4 games is just that.

You don't think you'd do the same, but you would. That's a lot of money. Part of the problem is that there isn't a lot of talent around him. Plus guys go through slumps. Clay Matthews has more sacks through four games this year than he did all of last year. Stats fluctuate, but Williams will come around eventually.

Hahaha. No one wants to go near a Cutler-lead team except for Brandon Marshall who is just as mentally unstable as Cutler. That's a bit too harsh on Brandon, actually.

effzee

Giants will be going into the Browns game banged up as usual.

C David Baas - Did not practice. He has a swollen right hand. He had it during the Eagles game as well which accounted for the bad snaps.
G Chris Snee - Did not practice - Hip injury
WR Ramses Barden - Did not practice. He has a concussion that he sustained at the end of the Eagles game.
WR Hakeem Nicks - Did no practice - Knee is still swollen though less so than it was last week.
LB Michael Boley - Did not practice. He has hip injury.
LB Keith Rivers - Did not practice - Hamstring.
DT Rocky Bernard - Did nor practice - Pulled a quad muscle (this could be bad. Already thin at DT)
S Kenny Phillips - Did not practice. He won't be for a good long while. Out for a few weeks with sprained MCL injury.

T David Diehl - Will do individual work and drills.
CB Jayron Hosely - Will do work today. Should practice tomorrow.

Might have been shorter to post who actually DID practice!

Hope this means the Browns have a chance. Would love to see the Browns upset the Giants!

Though knowing the Browns they will keep it interesting and somewhat close but won't take advantage at the end.

Vick had three turnovers in that Ravens game, you're going to pretend he played well?

He had two. One INT that was his fault and another that Celek dropped and then went to Reed.

He did play well against the Ravens. 371 yards and the game winning TD drive. Was it amazing? Best ever by a QB? No. But he played well.

Two good games against the Ravens and Giants and two terrible games against the Browns and Cards.

I think they go 1-2 over the next three games. Won't beat Steelers in Pittsburgh, beat Detroit at home, and then Falcons roll into town to beat them down.

effzee

You don't think you'd do the same, but you would. That's a lot of money. Part of the problem is that there isn't a lot of talent around him. Plus guys go through slumps. Clay Matthews has more sacks through four games this year than he did all of last year. Stats fluctuate, but Williams will come around eventually.

Stats fluctuate but effort can be observed. I haven't watched a single Bills game but from what I hear he isn't really trying.

Anyone care to back that up?

I have to say I am shocked. I thought the Bills would at least be better than last season. They seem to be regressing.

I think they go 1-2 over the next three games. Won't beat Steelers in Pittsburgh, beat Detroit at home, and then Falcons roll into town to bear them down.

I agree that they probably go 1-2 over the next 3. Pitt is just a touch matchup for them, though I could see them win another close game, Lions I definitely think they will beat, and no way in hell do they beat the Falcons. Atlanta is way to good this year. Sucks that Reids streak of winning after the bye will finally end.

Smokey

I'm going to that game, and it's shaping up to be a great one. Does Houston view us as rivals? We've had some close games, but come on....win one.

Houston views you as a team we are 0-5 against. A team that beat us in the playoffs that most feel if Schaub was there we would have won.

Statement game for the Texans this year like the Steelers game was last year where we physically abused Ben. I actually feel more confident against you guys than against the Jets.

Yeah Ravens beat up on the Texans when they were in the midst of dat Texans Cycle for those years. When we did meet and we weren't garbage we almost won in a playoff game at their place with a 3rd string QB.

So yeah...that game is going to be crazy. I'm going to be at either the Packers or Ravens game if my connect doesn't sell the tix! I'm hoping the Texans play like they're supposed to against these crap Jets and not look ahead to those two games.

This isn't a Mario slump...it's who he is.

effzee said:
Hope this means the Browns have a chance.
v6pSp.jpg

xnipx

What's sad about the Ravens this year is our defense. I have Jamaal Charles on my fantasy team going against the Ravens. In the past, I'd have benched him, because he's the type of runner who would disappear against Baltimore's D. Now, I thought " well, this is a good matchup for Charles." I think we'll win handily, but our defense is done. We haven't looked good yet. Even once.

That tends to happen when you lose the dpoy. We have to play an entirely different scheme on d without Suggs. Now teams double ngata and aren't scared to run outside because no one to seal the edge. Losing Johnson really hurt more than anticipated. Hopefully Suggs is healthy for the last 4 games

Kevin Boss is out for the year in KC. The doctors won't clear him to play with yet another concussion from what I'm reading.

Just retire, Kevin. It's not worth the damage you're doing to yourself. You already have a ring and cashed in in Oakland.:(

effzee

I agree that they probably go 1-2 over the next 3. Pitt is just a touch matchup for them, though I could see them win another close game, Lions I definitely think they will beat, and no way in hell do they beat the Falcons. Atlanta is way to good this year. Sucks that Reids streak of winning after the bye will finally end.

Didn't it already come to an end 2-3 seasons ago?

Didn't he lose a fumble against the Ravens?

Pretty sure that was against the Cardinals.

LJ11

Really, part of the problem is the talent around him? Kyle Williams is a better football player than Mario will ever be, period.

You know how many times he was doubled on Sunday? Once, chipped 3 times. So Mario's on a fucking island, but can't beat his man. You think they're doubling Mark Anderson? No.

They're just pounding on Dareus and Kyle Williams all game long. I saw Dareus double and even tripled teamed at times. Control those two and it's a wrap because Mario can't get off a fucking block. It ain't the talent, the dude is playing like a chump.

When was Mario this great DE to begin with? Was he ever in the discussion for best DE in the league, best defender in the league? I'll tell you what's wrong Mario, it's his talent, doesn't have much.

Fox318

So alligator and european Pats GAF...you guys going to be Texan life longs just for Monday?

If the Texans win the Super Bowl I think they should do what Mark Cuban did and have the original Houston owner pick the trophy up,

I'm sure Bud Adams isn't doing much.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Confirmed going to Cleveland in December for my first ever Browns game.

The Redskins vs. Browns on December 16 I believe is the date.

What's more probable? Browns victory or me getting shanked outside the stadium?

Top Bottom