• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Sumidor

IMZnQ.jpg

I imagine this is what Snoop drives.

Sanjuro

Leafs last Stanley Cup victory - 1967
Jets last Super Bowl victory - 1968.

Sadness.

You should just hate the long island variants, they make the NJ variants look good.

Year wise, yes. The Leafs are just a much more popular team in the NHL than say the Jets to the NFL. Not saying the Jets aren't popular though.

Year wise, yes. The Leafs are just a much more popular team in the NHL than say the Jets to the NFL. Not saying the Jets aren't popular though.

Oh yes, the Leafs are the highest revenue team in the NHL. I think last year they made 28 million alone. Not bad for a team that has had consecutive top 5 picks.

Bowser

We don't even play you guys, so no.

I'm hoping we can pull out 9-7

I'm implying we have no idea what he is because they hardly use him and spent a first rounder for the right not to use him.

Who knows what he could do in another system on another team!

He has 32 carries and has yet to break 100 yards rushing this season with one of the most potent passing attacks to help open lanes for him. He sucks. Pierre Thomas is unquestionably a better back.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
By the way, how the hell are you a Browns fan?

Long and very sad story coming...

I was always a somewhat casual fan of the NFL but never really cared for it until 2004. I started paying a lot more attention and actually sat down and watch entire games not called the Super Bowl. Unfortunately at that time the majority of games I got to see were the Buffalo Bills. Looking back I'm surprised I didn't quit football right there
Love ya Wanderingwind

I kept watching games and asking my friends tons of questions until 2007 when I decided I wanted to take a full plunge and become a real NFL fan. But to do that I needed a team to follow. I decided that year to focus in on the teams more seriously and claim one as my own.

I already ruled out the Pats. A lot of people hated them and Tom Brady; at the time I didn't know why but looking at it if I only came into knowing the NFL since 2004 it would explain why I don't hate Brady like the rest of you.

Having watched a bunch of Bills games I ruled them out as they just seemed pathetic, especially since I remembered them making it to the Super Bowl all those times and losing.

I keyed in on three teams...New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans and the Cleveland Browns.

I eliminated the Saints because I didn't like Reggie Bush.

My best friend is a Titans fan so he help bully me out of liking the Texans

And then we have the Cleveland Browns...2007 was the year they finished the season 10-6. I instantly fell in love with Derek Anderson and his sexy throwing arm. I thought to myself "yeah this looks like a nice up and coming team that I can grow with, I'm going to choose them..."

I wish I had researched harder and learned what the Cleveland Browns truly are...

5 seasons later Derek Anderson can eat a bag of dicks for leading me down this road to ruin.

tldr; Derek Anderson fooled me into thinking this team was legit.

Sanjuro

I can't imagine myself in a situation where I would start following a new sports and pick a team. Hence, why I never will understand two team fans and lifelongs.

Go Packers!

Still, Derek Anderson...the Browns. It's like Brian Burke chose your team for you. FLEECED!

5 seasons later Derek Anderson can eat a bag of dicks for leading me down this road to ruin.

I got a good laugh out of this part, haha. I'm laughing with you not at you though, being a Dolphins fan isn't much better these days.

My fandom origin story is incredibly stupid; I was really young (probably five or something back in the early 90's) and for some reason or another I decided I wanted a Kansas City Chiefs sweatshirt. My Dad went to get me one for my birthday from Wal-Mart and they didn't have any so he asked me if a Dolphins one would do. I went with it and the rest is history.

So, on the one hand Wal-Mart saved me from being a lifelong Chiefs fan... but on the other hand Miami Dolphins. I think I made out with the better end of that deal but I'm not quite sure to be honest.

Dosia

So alligator and european Pats GAF...you guys going to be Texan life longs just for Monday?

I'd rather see the texans lose as it probably helps the Pats more in the long run. I doubt that happens though.

Cant wait to see the Pats poop on the Broncos.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I see you Kave Man. But how you skip the home team for a slightly more sucky team just boggles the mind.

I dub thee traitor!

Sanjuro

Football was the last sport out of the major four that I got into, the only slightly complicated one. I already was into the Celtics watching Bird finish up his career, Boggs/Clemens and Bourque/Neely respectively. Used to go to Whalers games all the time.

My dad is a Packers fan. Used to be intrigued by this drunken Sunday sport. Started watching some of the games on my own, had no interest in the Packers or Giants. So, picked the Patriots. Got to watch some terrible seasons. Then we got the trio of Bledsoe/Parcells/Kraft, went from there. Only thing I still hate is the Flying Elvis.

He has 32 carries and has yet to break 100 yards rushing this season with one of the most potent passing attacks to help open lanes for him. He sucks. Pierre Thomas is unquestionably a better back.

He's built for a power running team. The Saints are not a power running team. I still don't understand why they even drafted him and traded up to do so. I'm not saying he'd put up AP style numbers but he would/should be more productive in a power run scheme.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Football was the last sport out of the major four that I got into, the only slightly complicated one. I already was into the Celtics watching Bird finish up his career, Boggs/Clemens and Bourque/Neely respectively. Used to go to Whalers games all the time.

My dad is a Packers fan. Used to be intrigued by this drunken Sunday sport. Started watching some of the games on my own, had no interest in the Packers or Giants. So, picked the Patriots. Got to watch some terrible seasons. Then we got the trio of Bledsoe/Parcells/Kraft, went from there. Only thing I still hate is the Flying Elvis.

Pretty much this, except the fam were Bills fans, instead of Pata fans. Upstate NY is weird that way.

Milchjon

I got a good laugh out of this part, haha. I'm laughing with you not at you though, being a Dolphins fan isn't much better these days.

My fandom origin story is incredibly stupid; I was really young (probably five or something back in the early 90's) and for some reason or another I decided I wanted a Kansas City Chiefs sweatshirt. My Dad went to get me one for my birthday from Wal-Mart and they didn't have any so he asked me if a Dolphins one would do. I went with it and the rest is history.

So, on the one hand Wal-Mart saved me from being a lifelong Chiefs fan... but on the other hand Miami Dolphins. I think I made out with the better end of that deal but I'm not quite sure to be honest.

Ahaha, best fan story I've heard so far.
It also shows how incredibly random these things can be. I chose Borussia Mönchengladbach as my soccer team for their colors alone (Back when I was still young and dumb and therefore still cared about soccer)

I became a Packers fan because the great spirit of Lombardi came to me in a bright light.

I was temporarily blinded but when I regained my sight, I saw this sign, this name in bright blue neon lights with like purple outline and this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign it just blows up because the name is so powerful.

It says: Green Bay Packers.

Talon

I became a Falcons fan because my Korean War veteran refugee grandfather decided to move his family to Atlanta, Georgia back in the 60s.
He's built for a power running team. The Saints are not a power running team. I still don't understand why they even drafted him and traded up to do so. I'm not saying he'd put up AP style numbers but he would/should be more productive in a power run scheme.
He's a hard runner that takes a few steps to get going and is a good receiver out of the backfield.

Yes, he's Pierre Thomas, and it makes no sense why Loomis drafted him. :jnc

Fantomex

It also shows how incredibly random these things can be. I chose Borussia Mönchengladbach as my soccer team for their colors alone (Back when I was still young and dumb and therefore still cared about soccer)

Don't be dissin the chosen ones sport now.

GIF-Messi-vs-Getafe.gif

BigAT

Funny stat on Old Man Weeden:

@jorgeccastillo: Last time Giants played #Browns in '08 Eli Manning was 27 in 5th season. Rookie Brandon Weeden turning 29 in 11 days.

Long and very sad story coming...

I was always a somewhat casual fan of the NFL but never really cared for it until 2004. I started paying a lot more attention and actually sat down and watch entire games not called the Super Bowl. Unfortunately at that time the majority of games I got to see were the Buffalo Bills. Looking back I'm surprised I didn't quit football right there
Love ya Wanderingwind

I kept watching games and asking my friends tons of questions until 2007 when I decided I wanted to take a full plunge and become a real NFL fan. But to do that I needed a team to follow. I decided that year to focus in on the teams more seriously and claim one as my own.

I already ruled out the Pats. A lot of people hated them and Tom Brady; at the time I didn't know why but looking at it if I only came into knowing the NFL since 2004 it would explain why I don't hate Brady like the rest of you.

Having watched a bunch of Bills games I ruled them out as they just seemed pathetic, especially since I remembered them making it to the Super Bowl all those times and losing.

I keyed in on three teams...New Orleans Saints, Houston Texans and the Cleveland Browns.

I eliminated the Saints because I didn't like Reggie Bush.

My best friend is a Titans fan so he help bully me out of liking the Texans

And then we have the Cleveland Browns...2007 was the year they finished the season 10-6. I instantly fell in love with Derek Anderson and his sexy throwing arm. I thought to myself "yeah this looks like a nice up and coming team that I can grow with, I'm going to choose them..."

I wish I had researched harder and learned what the Cleveland Browns truly are...

Kave_Man
come in my shame circle
image.php

jmdajr

Moved to Houston in 2000. My friend also moved to H-town and got season tickets for the new expansion team. It was a new thing for both of us to experience NFL live. Yeah the teamed sucked balls, but it was the NFL.

Before all that I just casually watched Football and mostly made sure to watch on SuperBowl Sunday. But yes, Texans is the first team to really call me own.

Friend moved, but I continue to go to the games as we "share" the season tickets to this day.

Bowser

@josephperson
Haruki Nakamura said coaches told him he is still starting this week, but they expect more out of him.

Sherrod Martin must have fucked Rivera's wife. Why else does he hate him (and winning, apparently)?

It also shows how incredibly random these things can be.
Yeah man, especially when you live in VA where there isn't really a team to root for (no, the Redskins don't count) and no one in your family watches football. I was so intrigued by the sport that I had to pick a team, and I didn't want to be like all the "cool kids" at school who were sporting Cowboys gear every day.

Why I was initially intrigued by the Chiefs, though... no idea.

Moved to Houston in 2000. My friend also moved to H-town and got season tickets for the new expansion team. It was a new thing for both of us to experience NFL live. Yeah the teamed sucked balls, but it was the NFL.

Before all that I just casually watched Football and mostly made sure to watch on SuperBowl Sunday. But yes, Texans is the first team to really call me own.

Friend moved, but I continue to go to the games as we "share" the season tickets to this day.
I'm kind of jealous of you Texans fans who have been there from the beginning. The idea of being a fan of a team from the very start of their existence is very cool to me.

jmdajr

I'm kind of jealous of you Texans fans who have been there from the beginning. The idea of being a fan of a team from the very start of their existence is very cool to me.

It's cool, yet at the same time no deep rooted tradition. The team will never be bigger than say the Dallas Cowboys, but "new" teams like the Ravens have a pretty big following. Some people will never get over the Oilers leaving. Who knows. Regardless, happy to be a fan! This is my team. It's what I know.

Bowser

Rivera is just incompetent. His clock management was reminiscent of Herm Edwards.

Rivera's explanation of the "two minute drill" he ran at the end of the first half (1:49 on the clock, ball on the Panthers 20 with all three timeouts) was that his philosophy is that you do not call timeouts until you get close to the 50 because you don't want to leave time on the clock for the opposition.

wPQoj.gif

cashman

Banned
Football is actually the first sport I got into, because my dad was a bandwagoner Cowboys fan.
Didn't really start watching until 2000, which, lucky for me, was the start of the Dave Campo era.

Rivera's explanation of the "two minute drill" he ran at the end of the first half (1:49 on the clock, ball on the Panthers 20 with all three timeouts) was that his philosophy is that you do not call timeouts until you get close to the 50 because you don't want to leave time on the clock for the opposition.

:jnc

Talon

Scott Fujita is as Japanese as Tom Cruise in that movie.

Nakamura...well he's half so there's that.

I'm honestly struggling to think of other Asian football players....
Fujita's adopted. Nakamura is half (I think his dad?).

Dat Nguyen is the only non-pacific islander asian football player I can remember, and he was a sub par 2 down MLB.

I have a distant relative that is a Steelers/Dolphins/Lakers/Orioles/StL Cards/Hawkeyes/Miami Hurricanes/Oregon Ducks fan. He lives in Iowa.

Edit: Oh cool, he's wearing a Yankee hat on his facebook page now.
Gross, tell him to leave the Dolphins out of this, would ya?

I have a distant relative that is a Steelers/Dolphins/Lakers/Orioles/StL Cards/Hawkeyes/Miami Hurricanes/Oregon Ducks fan. He lives in Iowa.

Not the Patriots!!!

We aren't successful enough anymore.

Milchjon

He must be real happy all the time, right?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The lions have Louis Delmas back at practice. Maybe now the safeties who were starting can go back to special teams.

Still no guarantee he plays, though. I guess tomorrow is a key day in deciding if he can handle it.

Top Bottom