• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

Tom Penny

Dumb shit Eric Winston did the right thing in turning this shit around and making us fans look like classless assholes. This keeps the media tuned in on this rather than the banner and pre-game bench Cassel "movement". If there were fans cheering, it was cheering for the end of a failed era.
But Winston understands this fanbase so well -- he has been here a whole 3 months. Hasn't even seen his first KC snow... He doesn't know shit about what we've suffered with Cassel the last 3 years.

Classless fans. It's not Cassel's fault Pioli is an idiot.

beast786

Luck doesn't have any competition. He barely looks human. I think the only person on the planet uglier than Andrew Luck is Greg Oden.

andrewluck-beard.jpg

geico-caveman.jpeg

Nice to see luck getting endorsement from Geico.

MechDX

Well from what everyone has said, we are probably not keeping Ben Tate next year.
I guess we better get an early taste of it.

I agree. Tate will be in the last year of his rookie contract next season and the Texans will move him. The beauty of the ZBS though is that it can make a marginal RB look really damn good.

Quikies83

Classless fans. It's not Cassel's fault Pioli is an idiot.

So we're now entering the realm of Philly and Raider fans? Nah. Chiefs have always had a great fanbase.
Fuck Winston, Pioli, and Romeo.

Bill Plaschke ‏@BillPlaschke
Checked tape from KCTV5 and agree with followers..fans clearly cheering Cassel getting up, not going down..Winston wrong

bionic77

Dumb shit Eric Winston did the right thing in turning this shit around and making us fans look like classless assholes. This keeps the media tuned in on this rather than the banner and pre-game bench Cassel "movement". If there were fans cheering, it was cheering for the end of a failed era.
But Winston understands this fanbase so well -- he has been here a whole 3 months. Hasn't even seen his first KC snow... He doesn't know shit about what we've suffered with Cassel the last 3 years.

It's like this is Pioli's rebuttal for all the pre-game shit.
Mr. Quikies83 what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Quikies83

Mr. Quikies83 what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You make me sad.

but....

Rorschach

So we're now entering the realm of Philly and Raider fans? Nah. Chiefs have always had a great fanbase.
Fuck Winston, Pioli, and Romeo.

Bill Plaschke ‏@BillPlaschke
Checked tape from KCTV5 and agree with followers..fans clearly cheering Cassel getting up, not going down..Winston wrong

Why Raiders fans? Philly fans are the only ones I've seen do that. Oh, and Jets fans. Disgraceful.

Watching the Browns game again. Just watched some of the angles on Richardson's TD run right after the Ahmad turnover. Some great blocking by the Browns offensive line on that run. Joe Thomas comes out and takes Kiwi out of the play with a good block leaving the guard one on one with JPP who's to the outside away from the play anyway.

The center (Mack?) completely blows up Linval Joseph. Just pushes him aside opening the hole. The right guard puts a good block on Kuhn who can't disengage (and he's in the best position to make the play after Joseph gets moved). Tuck gets doubled on the outside and the fullback comes up and slams Blackburn in the middle.

Result: Richardson almost completely untouched for the score. The DB's underestimate his speed on the backside and are left whiffing as he runs by.

Wish I could figure out how to GIF this stuff.:(

verbum

How long will the Eagles let Vick run free? 11 turnovers so far this year by him alone and getting hit hard every game. Can Reid et al keep him in a pocket more and substitute screens and slants for him running?
As much as I hate what he did with dogs, I can't help but wince each time I see him take another big hit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Watching the Browns game again. Just watched some of the angles on Richardson's TD run right after the Ahmad turnover. Some great blocking by the Browns offensive line on that run. Joe Thomas comes out and takes Kiwi out of the play with a good block leaving the guard one on one with JPP who's to the outside away from the play anyway.

The center (Mack?) completely blows up Linval Joseph. Just pushes him aside opening the hole. The right guard puts a good block on Kuhn who can't disengage (and he's in the best position to make the play after Joseph gets moved). Tuck gets doubled on the outside and the fullback comes up and slams Blackburn in the middle.

Result: Richardson almost completely untouched for the score. The DB's underestimate his speed on the backside and are left whiffing as he runs by.

Wish I could figure out how to GIF this stuff.:(

Yup Alex Mack is the center.

Reading all that it's obvious to see with how well that went why Shurmur refuses to ever use Trent properly.

squicken

It's like this is Pioli's rebuttal for all the pre-game shit.

yep. plays like crap and has media eating out of his hand. i think he got bounced from houston as much for his media availability as he did for his bad contract and declining skills

Kave_Man said:
Yup Alex Mack is the center.

Reading all that it's obvious to see with how well that went why Shurmur refuses to ever use Trent properly.
I've watched through the second quarter and a lot of the runs are just good old fashion power football. Lots of pulling and power O type of runs. It's good blocking and not to take anything away from the job the Browns offensive line did as a good number of those runs were one guy just outright beating the other - but some of it is very poor gap integrity by the Giants front line and linebackers. Joseph in particular over pursues the hell out of a few of those runs. He breaks through the line quickly only to the find the run is going to his right or left. In his eagerness to get into the backfield he doesn't bother to read what's going on and takes himself out of the play in the process. Kuhn had a better game than I thought. He was getting double teamed a few times. Marvin Austin...well he's rusty and it shows. Downright pushed into the middle of nowhere on too many plays for my liking.

It's correctable stuff but really frustrating.

I've watched through the second quarter and a lot of the runs are just good old fashion power football. Lots of pulling and power power O type of runs. It's good blocking and not to take anything away from the job the Browns offensive line did as a good number of those runs were one guy just outright beating the other - but some of it is very poor gap integrity by the Giants front line and linebackers. Joseph in particular over pursues the hell out of a few of those runs. He breaks through the line quickly only to the find the run is going to his right or left. In his eagerness to get into the backfield he doesn't bother to read what's going on and takes himself out of the play in the process. Kuhn had a better game than I thought. He was getting double teamed a few times. Marvin Austin...well he's rusty and it shows. Downright pushed into the middle of nowhere on too many plays for my liking.

It's correctable stuff but really frustrating.

I keep saying it - the Browns have really solid trench play on both sides of the ball. It's their awful receiving corps and Weeden's green that's holding them back.

How long will the Eagles let Vick run free? 11 turnovers so far this year by him alone and getting hit hard every game. Can Reid et al keep him in a pocket more and substitute screens and slants for him running?
As much as I hate what he did with dogs, I can't help but wince each time I see him take another big hit.

I want Vick to make plays to help the Eagles but I love seeing him get beat up because of what he did.

devilhawk

Winston is going to get his ass booed the rest of the year. He deserves it for sucking let alone throwing the fans under the bus for this disaster of a franchise.

Look at the tape: http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/is-this-the-cheering-chiefs-winston-blamed-fans-for It doesn't lie.

70,000 fans cheering him getting hurt my ass. Tape doesn't even show how Quinn got up and started throwing to cheers as well.

Chiefs have yet to have a lead for a second all year. Not one second.

Quikies83

Winston is going to get his ass booed the rest of the year. He deserves it for sucking let alone throwing the fans under the bus for this disaster of a franchise.

Look at the tape: http://www.kctv5.com/story/19761458/is-this-the-cheering-chiefs-winston-blamed-fans-for It doesn't lie.

70,000 fans cheering him getting hurt my ass. Tape doesn't even show how Quinn got up and started throwing to cheers as well.

Chiefs have yet to have a lead for a second all year. Not one second.

Yup. I linked to that video earlier.
We nearly had a lead yesterday... then Cassel fumbles the snap on the goal line.

devilhawk

Yup. I linked to that video earlier.
We nearly had a lead yesterday... then Cassel fumbles the snap on the goal line.
Unless Winston backs off, and not just a lame twitter apology, he won't be long for this city. When the fans are already upset antagonizing them is not going to help.

Rorschach

Heh @ that article. Bowe having to coerce fans into cheering half heartedly for Cassel and the whole "they weren't cheering at Cassel, they were cheering for Quinn!"

I'm sure some fans were being dicks (you can hear the scattered boos as he walks off the field), but definitely not the entire stadium.

PS: I never thought I'd hear the words "cheering for Brady Quinn."

squicken

Rams game is up with coaches film. They send 3 guys out on all but a few plays. They have no rushing TDs. The local media thinks the OL has improved, but it really hasn't. They are just committed to not letting Bradford get hit like Kolb. "OL only allowed 2 sacks . . . Wayne Hunter has revived his career . . . " crap. 3 games in a row Barry Richardson has beaten on what would have been wide open deep passes

Got to credit the coaches though, including Schottie. It's not pretty but they beat a few teams that they would have lost to last year. Miami game is probably a loss, but at least it's in the "winnable" category.

Quikies83

Unless Winston backs off, and not just a lame twitter apology, he won't be long for this city. When the fans are already upset antagonizing them is not going to help.

It's unfortunate that one of the few people who have stepped up as leaders on this team is now turning against the fans. Oh, and who is that lying face down in the dirt while his man takes an uncontested shot to our QB?

Quikies83

Heh @ that article. Bowe having to coerce fans into cheering half heartedly for Cassel and the whole "they weren't cheering at Cassel, they were cheering for Quinn!"

I'm sure some fans were being dicks (you can hear the scattered boos as he walks off the field), but definitely not the entire stadium.

PS: I never thought I'd hear the words "cheering for Brady Quinn."

These are dark times indeed.

squicken

I had just traded him to squicken in the GAF fantasy league two days ago. :lol

oh well. I'm already on to the next trade. Gotta wait until whenever FMT checks his inbox

It should be a good game, I'd say the teams are pretty evenly matched.

Rams have been bad on the road. And I'm not sure how they block Wake. They've done okay at home, but in Chicago the Bears just killed them.

Gonna need Tannie to make mistakes probably to have any real chance. Just can't get any offense going, and now that Amendola is out, idk what the plan is

You'll get a new and shiny W in two weeks time against a recent SB winner

Before the year that was a definite "loss", but if you guys go 2-4 . . . still pretty sure it's a loss. STL just can't score. They've got their last 2 wins vs some bad offenses

Rams game is up with coaches film. They send 3 guys out on all but a few plays. They have no rushing TDs. The local media thinks the OL has improved, but it really hasn't. They are just committed to not letting Bradford get hit like Kolb. "OL only allowed 2 sacks . . . Wayne Hunter has revived his career . . . " crap. 3 games in a row Barry Richardson has beaten on what would have been wide open deep passes

Got to credit the coaches though, including Schottie. It's not pretty but they beat a few teams that they would have lost to last year. Miami game is probably a loss, but at least it's in the "winnable" category.

You'll get a new and shiny W in two weeks time against a recent SB winner

Top Bottom