• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

LJ11

I don't see how booing guys or trashing guys on twitter is any different than any other ways in which we voice our opinions on any number of things from politics to art.

Guys use the public's adulation and adoration to enrich themselves. There are two sides to it. The more out there you are, the more you'll get it back from fans.

Calling a player "a dumb nigger" isn't what I consider voicing an opinion. It's not the "you suck " comments I take issue with. Fools get on twitter and get way too personal, behave like absolute cunts. It's pathetic, but expected. You won't say shit to a guy's face, but behind you're iPhone....

Omega

Banned
so..watching NFL Primetime and according to Eric Mangini, the NFC East is the best division in football.

How the fuck is the NFC East the best? They're not even the best division in the NFC.

Why the fuck is this division so overrated?

Novid

Banned
so..watching NFL Primetime and according to Eric Mangini, the NFC East is the best division in football.

How the fuck is the NFC East the best? They're not even the best division in the NFC.

because its the division that built "The League"

(i put that in quotes btw)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Has a NY team in it, has to be relevant

eznark

Banned
Calling a player "a dumb nigger" isn't what I considering voicing an opinion. It's not the "you suck " comments I take issue with. Fools get on twitter and get way too personal, behave like absolute cunts. It's pathetic, but expected. You won't say shit to a guy's face, but behind you're iPhone....

lol, yeah, if that's what you were talking about then yes it's obviously over the line. I would also classify that as significantly worse than "trashing" someone.

To me as long as you are questioning their on the field play then it's totally fair.

And I have said shit to plenty of guys' faces (generally just Brewers since they were out and about a fair bit when I lived in Milwaukee). The only one who ever took as much issue with it as Nick Barnett took with me on Twitter was Wes Helms. That guy is not one for jokes at his expense.

And Doug Davis' wife, but that was totally deserved.

Calling a player "a dumb nigger" isn't what I consider voicing an opinion. It's not the "you suck " comments I take issue with. Fools get on twitter and get way too personal, behave like absolute cunts. It's pathetic, but expected. You won't say shit to a guy's face, but behind you're iPhone....

Exactly. Plenty of Internet tough guys out there.... You dumbass biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitches! BOOM!

Probably the single funniest football related pic out there.

The "I'm not here 4 ur entertainment" one is also amazing.

And so is the Watchmen one.

Big Ben would give Eli a run for goofiness if he wasn't so damn evil.

ben-roethlisberger-wears-a-weird-hat-after-losing-to-broncos.jpg

What about hard boiled Private (grey) Dick Ben?

From Rotoworld
Coach Pat Shurmur confirmed that the Browns are working with Trent Richardson on a goal of making him a true every-down back.
Richardson missed the entire preseason, so he opened the season as a two-down back who left the field in favor of Chris Ogbonnaya in passing situations. Richardson has 15 receptions over his past three games, though, and his role is growing. "It would make sense to keep Trent on the field the whole game," Shurmur acknowledged. "And at some point, he'll be able to."

Wes

venison crêpe
Gotcha.

And thanks for that link. The more Browns news I can read the better!

The OBR boards are one of the most depressing boards I've ever read. And everyone has such vile tongues.

I still read them though. People generally post links to news/tidbits there as soon as they're available.

The East has some interesting schedules upcoming in the next few weeks

Philly
Detroit, BYE, Atlanta, @New Orleans, @Washintgon

NYG
@San Franciso, Washington, @Dallas, Pittsburgh, @Cincinnati (Bye week is after the Cincy game)

Dallas
@Baltimore, @Carolina, New York Giants, Atlanta, Philadelphia

Washington
Minnesota, @New York Giants, @Pittsburgh, Carolina, Philadephia

Milchjon

WTF @ GAF

Mumei no longer a mod
Timedog banned
Frankman pardoned
Cunt allowed
EviLore cancelling his trip

Shit's going down

Spinluck

I don't play but I have a buddy who does (Falcons fan) and he absolutely disgusts me when we watch a game. He actively cheers for the other team's players. Gross

I'm a Colts fan, but I'm also a fan of the NFL itself. I have no problem cheering for players I like, but will I ever cheer for them over my own team? LOLNO

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'm nervous.

That is all.

The OBR boards are one of the most depressing boards I've ever read. And everyone has such vile tongues.

I still read them though. People generally post links to news/tidbits there as soon as they're available.
The more depressing the better, but yeah I find it really good for finding news fast. Especially during the offseason

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm a Colts fan, but I'm also a fan of the NFL itself. I have no problem cheering for players I like, but will I ever cheer for them over my own team? LOLNO

Yeah I mean there's players I like outside of my team like Manning, calvin johnson, tebow, etc but it just seems wrong when you cheer against your team just to get a win in fantasy football.

The darkside. Like a pats fan

It's a gif of the Steelers with 10 men on defense. McCoy ran the ball for 10 yards but the Eagles could have torched them for a lot more.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/1...lay-by-lesean-mccoy-with-10-men-on-the-field/

Notice on the gif that Timmons (94) is panicking and waving his arms at the sideline pre-snap. Harrison also tries to call timeout.

Steelers had a similar gaffe like this on offense against the Jets. Playing sloppy football so far this year.

You know what cracks me up about Eric Winston? He sounds like Leaping Lanny Poffo aka The Genius. Every time ESPN runs that clip of his rant, I wait for him to read a poem.

DeaconKnowledge said:
It's a gif of the Steelers with 10 men on defense. McCoy ran the ball for 10 yards but the Eagles could have torched them for a lot more.
OOOooooh. The gif didn't show up for me at all in your post so I was totally confused. That's weird.

Wow...

@TSash:
Shoutout to the person that just stole my wallet, range rover keys, house keys, debit and credit card, drivers license...

I'm in the city with 6 dollars cash in pocket...I can't get in my car or house

Poor Tyler Sash. Gets the good news that he's activated to the roster and then gets robbed. Ouch.

Top Bottom