• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

MechDX

It's unfortunate that one of the few people who have stepped up as leaders on this team is now turning against the fans. Oh, and who is that lying face down in the dirt while his man takes an uncontested shot to our QB?

Most Texans GAF said last year while Winston is a great run blocker he isnt so hot in pass prtection. He completely whiffed the rusher that got Leinarts shoulder broke last year.

oh well. I'm already on to the next trade. Gotta wait until whenever FMT checks his inbox

Rams have been bad on the road. And I'm not sure how they block Wake. They've done okay at home, but in Chicago the Bears just killed them.

Gonna need Tannie to make mistakes probably to have any real chance. Just can't get any offense going, and now that Amendola is out, idk what the plan is

Before the year that was a definite "loss", but if you guys go 2-4 . . . still pretty sure it's a loss. STL just can't score. They've got their last 2 wins vs some bad offenses

I already accepted that trade!

Slo

Unless Winston backs off, and not just a lame twitter apology, he won't be long for this city. When the fans are already upset antagonizing them is not going to help.

It's unfortunate that one of the few people who have stepped up as leaders on this team is now turning against the fans. Oh, and who is that lying face down in the dirt while his man takes an uncontested shot to our QB?

You two are cunts.
Thanks EviLore!

Winston is completely right. You don't root for injury just because you don't like the job someone is doing professionally. Anyone who disagrees is a mouth breathing retard.

Playing football is just a job. If you don't like the way a guy is making a sandwich for you, you don't hope he cuts his hand off in the meat slicer so you can get his backup to come in and finish the job.

Rams have been bad on the road. And I'm not sure how they block Wake. They've done okay at home, but in Chicago the Bears just killed them.

Gonna need Tannie to make mistakes probably to have any real chance. Just can't get any offense going, and now that Amendola is out, idk what the plan is
It will probably come down to how many mistakes the Dolphins make in terms of turnovers and FREAKING MISSED FIELD GOALS. Ahem. But yeah, the Dolphins are proving to be a tough team to play against even in their losses, their run defense is still first in the league and their pass defense seems to be improving now that Sean Smith and Reshad Jones have stepped up their game.

If the Dolphins avoid giving up any huge plays (I'm talking 50+ yards) and protect the ball then I'd say they have a great shot at winning. The Rams scared me in that Cards game, though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
From Tony Grossi:

"Pat Shurmur seemed to indicate Trent Richardson can't handle playing all time on 3rd down, then he said "I didn't say that.""

There's a bag that Shurmur can eat right now.

Well, I guess that answers the safety question for the Giants. Tyler Sash has been activated to the 53 man roster after completing his 4 game suspension for PED's use. Who did the Giants let go? Well no one right now because...

New York Giants @Giants

Safety Will Hill has been suspended for 4 games by the NFL for violating the policy on performance-enhancing substances

Good grief. (adderall again)

From Tony Grossi:

"Pat Shurmur seemed to indicate Trent Richardson can't handle playing all time on 3rd down, then he said "I didn't say that.""

Nothing to really do with this statement, but I hate Tony Grossi. He's a idiot.

Quikies83

You two are cunts.
Thanks EviLore!

Winston is completely right. You don't root for injury just because you don't like the job someone is doing professionally. Anyone who disagrees is a mouth breathing retard.

Playing football is just a job. If you don't like the way a guy is making a sandwich for you, you don't hope he cuts his hand off in the meat slicer so you can get his backup to come in and finish the job.

So you didn't watch the video?

Regardless, he's paid millions to play football -- not to tell fans how to act, think, and feel. You don't hate on the fans to the public - he should have kept that private in his gladiator room.

squicken

From Tony Grossi:

In fairness to TRich he never had to learn about the passing game in college

Well, I guess that answers the safety question for the Giants. Tyler Sash has been activated to the 53 man roster after completing his 4 game suspension for PED's use. Who did the Giants let go? Well no one right now because...

Good grief.

So in another 4 games the Giants will have another safety suspended for PEDs?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nothing to really do with this statement, but I hate Tony Grossi. He's a idiot.

Care to elaborate on that?

I only ask because not like I have a constant access to Browns news up here. I read my news through Grossi, May Kay Cabot and through Dawgs by Nature.

ActStriker said:
So in another 4 games the Giants will have another safety suspended for PEDs?
DAT roster manipulation.

Seriously though, the whole Adderall thing is wierd. I'm glad LaRon Landry is free and clear though! He's obviously innocent.

image.jpg

cAXYD.jpg

Slo

Regardless, he's paid millions to play football -- not to tell fans how to act, think, and feel. You don't hate on the fans to the public - he should have kept that private in his gladiator room.

While I agree that calling your customers stupid is a really bad business strategy, I'm also a big fan of calling people on their bullshit. And if you're the kind of guy that thinks paying $65 for a ticket entitles you to wish physical injury on the people you paid to see, somebody needs to slap the stupid out of you.

squicken

DAT roster manipulation.

Serkously though, the whole Adderall thing is wierd. I'm glad LaRon Landry is free and clear though! He's obviously innocent.

[IG]http://i.imgur.com/cAXYD.jpg[/IMG]

Adderall is the perfect drug to lie about using. You are only doing it so you can concentrate on getting better! Roids? Cheater. Pot? Lazy ass stop smoking and cover someone! Cocaine? Crack addict who is unreliable

Fans won't roast a guy for using ADD drugs

GraveRobberX said:
Adderall?

That's for ADD no?

How is it a PED?
Apparently, it "isn't" if you clear it with the league first. Which he had to do and didn't. (same for Sash) He did have a doctor's prescription for it which he got prior to signing with the Giants. Gotta tell Goodell though apparently.

devilhawk

You two are cunts.
Thanks EviLore!

Thanks for the great reply. I never said people should cheer for an injury. That is a horrible thing to do. Problem is, 70000 fans didn't cheer for Cassel's injury. That is a lie. Winston lied and ESPN ran with it. The video linked above tells the true story, that being barely anyone cheered at all. If anyone did cheer it was reasons like Bowe clapping, Cassel getting up, Chiefs getting a first down, and Quinn putting his helmet on.

Much easier to follow the ESPN narrative.

Slo

Thanks for the great reply. I never said people should cheer for an injury. That is a horrible thing to do. Problem is, 70000 fans didn't cheer for Cassel's injury. That is a lie. Winston lied and ESPN ran with it. The video linked above tells the true story, that being barely anyone cheered at all. If anyone did cheer it was reasons like Bowe clapping, Cassel getting up, Chiefs getting a first down, and Quinn putting his helmet on.

Much easier to follow the ESPN narrative.

FYI, I was just joking about the cunts thing. I gotta use it up before it's taken away again.

I plan on going back to posting JAllen gifs shortly.

LJ11

While I agree that calling your customers stupid is a really bad business strategy, I'm also a big fan of calling people on their bullshit. And if you're the kind of guy that thinks paying $65 for a ticket entitles you to wish physical injury on the people you paid to see, somebody needs to slap the stupid out of you.

So most NFL fans.

When someone gets lit up, you don't hear the boos rain down. ESPN dedicated an entire segment to watching NFL players destroy each other while the hosts cheered.

I know what you're getting at, don't like it myself, or the fans who trash players on twitter, but this sport is modern day gladiators and the fans demand blood.

squicken

I don't get it. Maybe because it makes you super focussed so you can learn your playbook at a super human level!

It's not Adderall. The league can't say what a guy gets suspended for taking. So the player does roids, gets busted, and lies and says it was Adderall. The league can't clear the record b/c it's part of the CBA that the information is kept private

Care to elaborate on that?

I only ask because not like I have a constant access to Browns news up here. I read my news through Grossi, May Kay Cabot and through Dawgs by Nature.
I find a good amout of news bits/ reports he makes is just pure speculation, and guesses he makes. No real basis behind alot of what he says. Also of you follow his tweets he just comes of as a dbag. I was surprised he got a job at espn after he was fired from the plain dealer. I remember around the Time Josh Gordan was going in the supplemental draft, he kept on saying the Browns would have no interest what so ever with was pretty much just his own speculations.....as soon as it became know we my most we did have interest he jumped on the wagon like his previous comments didn't exist.
Never been to Dawgs by nature, but heres a good site I lurk http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149

Slo

So most NFL fans.

When someone gets lit up, you don't hear the boos rain down. ESPN dedicated an entire segment to watching NFL players destroying each other, while the hosts behaved like fools.

This sport is modern day gladiators.

I see what you're driving at, and I see your point, but I think there's a subtle difference between wanting to see someone blasted so that the play is affected (dropped pass, fumble, intimidation) and seeing someone actually injured.

Draxal

Good grief. (adderall again)

No Phillips/Hill means Vernon Davis is going to have 200 yards against the Giant's ... it's not going to be pretty.

eznark

Banned
So most NFL fans.

When someone gets lit up, you don't hear the boos rain down. ESPN dedicated an entire segment to watching NFL players destroy each other while the hosts cheered.

I know what you're getting at, don't like it myself, or the fans who trash players on twitter, but this sport is modern day gladiators and the fans demand blood.

I don't see how booing guys or trashing guys on twitter is any different than any other ways in which we voice our opinions on any number of things from politics to art.

Guys use the public's adulation and adoration to enrich themselves. There are two sides to it. The more out there you are, the more you'll get it back from fans.

JABEE

I see what you're driving at, and I see your point, but I think there's a subtle difference between wanting to see someone blasted so that the play is affected (dropped pass, fumble, intimidation) and seeing someone actually injured.

Exactly. I believe I speak for most Eagles fans when I say it is wrong to cheer on the injury of a player. All cities at some point have cheered on an injury at some point. The reactions from fans are very difficult to predict. The same could be said of any form of mob mentality and group think. Let's not blame Kansas City fans, but educate people to think about the real world implications an injury has. If it were you on the field with your leg mangled or brain scrambled, how would you feel about the crowd laughing or cheering on your injury.

Slo

Can we just get rid of Kansas City? Or maybe the entire state of Missouri? Bad football. Bad beer. Bad fans. Bad BBQ.

Nuke it from orbit.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I find a good amout of news bits/ reports he makes is just pure speculation, and guesses he makes. No real basis behind alot of what he says. Also of you follow his tweets he just comes of as a dbag. I was surprised he got a job at espn after he was fired from the plain dealer. I remember around the Time Josh Gordan was going in the supplemental draft, he kept on saying the Browns would have no interest what so ever with was pretty much just his own speculations.....as soon as it became know we my most we did have interest he jumped on the wagon like his previous comments didn't exist.
Never been to Dawgs by nature, but heres a good site I lurk http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149

Gotcha.

And thanks for that link. The more Browns news I can read the better!

Top Bottom