• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 5 |OT| Bucket's Creamy Goo

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I was hoping to get a better scouting report on Geno Smith this week, but I don't think Texas' defense is much better than Baylor's.

LJ11

I was hoping to get a better scouting report on Geno Smith this week, but I don't think Texas' defense is much better than Baylor's.
Their DBs have been awful for ages, who was the last Texas CB that was actually good in the NFL. Quentin Jammer?

That said, their DL got some penetration early in the game but Smiths pocket presence is exceptional. That's where you'll see the difference between Baylor, Texas can occasionally collapse a pocket.

Late, but
pour-one-out.jpg

RIP Frankman. He'll have to join snes in GAF-Heaven

squicken

Watching WVU and a giant red flag on Geno is he has Leach-itis where he won't move his feet in the pocket. Seems to be a problem with spread QBs in that system.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I don't know if the Browns can afford to get yet another QB in the first round after getting Weeden.

If you're trying to build some sort of continuity you have to give it at least a year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
You dont want another USC qb.
I dont think Geno or Matt is a must get for the Browns though.
Get a stud WR and oline.

Definitely how I feel. As things are now I'd totally trade the first pick (if we get it) for nothing less than the farm that I'm sure some team will be more than willing to give us.

squicken

Yep....some of the college rules are weird.

The rule I like best is the 15 yard interference penalty as opposed to a spot foul.

The original pro rules were down w/o contact and one foot in to count as a catch. They resisted the 2 pt conversion for a long time so they could be different than the college game

LJ11

Watching WVU and a giant red flag on Geno is he has Leach-itis where he won't move his feet in the pocket. Seems to be a problem with spread QBs in that system.

Think it's a problem with most Gun QBs, footwork's sloppy because they don't have to take much of a drop.

squicken

Think it's a problem with most Gun QBs, footwork's sloppy because they don't have to take much of a drop.

Just scares me b/c it's a huge coaching emphasis on Bradford this year and Weeden has same issue. OU actually coaches their QBs to hit their spot and stay there so OL knows where to protect.

Different type of offenses but Briles and keeps guys moving

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Braxton Miller is the next Tim Tebow.

Some of the WVU offense is straight out of the Bruce Arians playbook. Has Andrew Luck lined up in the pistol, yet?

Top Bottom