• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

mr2xxx

Banned
Texans ZBS cut blocks are from the front so you can see it which makes them completly legal. The block on Cushing came from behind when the RB was already being pulled down.

Big difference.

Middle top:
cushing-cheap-shotted-10-8-12.gif

That's horrible, sad thing is that it is a legal block.

Spinluck

My favorite fans holding on to the Past is Cowboy Fans. Just got all this crap about AFC South sucking, and only good cause Manning is gone.

Oh yeah. Will the Cowboys finally be good when little brother is gone? Excuses.

lolwut?

Even if Manning was still on the Colts, the Texans would still be the best team in the South, easily. I'm actually glad he's gone though, Luck has to take his rookie licks.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Texans ZBS cut blocks are from the front so you can see it which makes them completly legal. The block on Cushing came from behind when the RB was already being pulled down.

Big difference.

I'm not going to defend the block that took out Cushing, but it's legal. If they want to make it illegal, then the Texans are fucked. You can't be for it on offense and then be against it on defense. If you think that Hou only goes for chop blocks on guys right in front of them, you're not paying attention. In fact, they routinely reach and chop. They chop the guys in front of them, they chop guys when the pull, they chop block on passing plays. They teach it, practice it and execute it. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the NFL did away with it. They'd save a lot of knees, but they'd absolutely nerf pass pro from running backs.

MechDX

That's horrible, sad thing is that it is a legal block.

No, THAT is clipping.

I'm not going to defend the block that took out Cushing, but it's legal. If they want to make it illegal, then the Texans are fucked. You can't be for it on offense and then be against it on defense. If you think that Hou only goes for chop blocks on guys right in front of them, you're not paying attention. In fact, they routinely reach and chop. They chop the guys in front of them, they chop guys when the pull, they chop block on passing plays. They teach it, practice it and execute it. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the NFL did away with it. They'd save a lot of knees, but they'd absolutely nerf pass pro from running backs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(American_football)

In gridiron football, clipping is the illegal act of a blocker contacting a non-ballcarrying opponent from behind and at or below the waist.

Texans o line does it in front of the defense to see so it is legal. Cushing gets hit from behind and in the knee area.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
ESPNStatsInfo
Brian Cushing (ACL) out for year. When on field since '09, #Texans opposing QBs have 58% completion rate. When on sideline, they are > 65%.

see5harp

Motherfucker I'm blessed

You jelly I have time to get trophies, why you hating on that
Like somehow my opinions means shit like "Oh shit guys he earns trophies, looool, he doesn't know shit, his opinion is invalid"

Pokemon is amazing, don't knock that shit
(Even though last time I played it was Gold)

Alexis can do gangbusters numbers against the whole fucking league, improve himself to be record breaker r' us (sorry Breezy fans), if got no ring.. he's still a fucking chump

Motherfucker has been in the league for 7 fucking years, what does he have to show for it
Most QB's have surpassed and moved and won chips, your blue collar ho is still wearing name tag blue collar shirts to recognize his own name

Also how delusional of a SF fans are you, what does Charles Barkely have to do with anything? Jeff Garcia? Mariucci?

You prove my point, ya'll still live in the past

Charles Barkely never won a ring. Jeff Garcia was a decent quarterback. Mariucci was the coach. I didn't ask for you to bask at the alter of 49ers history, I asked for a little respect after two dominating victories.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Charles Barkely never won a ring. Jeff Garcia was a decent quarterback. Mariucci was the coach. I didn't ask for you to bask at the alter of 49ers history, I asked for a little respect after two dominating victories.

Your still on this

Let it Go!

I have earned 15 trophies since we last chatted

Move on

Beat somebody like the Giants the way you manhandled the Jets and Bills (dominating to broke ass teams, lawl), then you have dap

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I wish Mercilus played the same position as Cush. Would really like to see what that kid is made of.

Dobbins better step his damn game up.

mr2xxx

Banned
No, THAT is clipping.

Texans o line does it in front of the defense to see so it is legal. Cushing gets hit from behind and in the knee area.

http://blog.chron.com/jeromesolomon/2012/10/was-the-matt-slauson-cutoff-of-brian-cushing-legal/
"Clipping is allowed in what is commonly referred to as the “clipping zone,” an area that extends from tackle-to-tackle and three yards on each side of the line of scrimmage. When you hear the term “in the box” that is the general area being described."

This type of play is allowed in the NFL, Cushing as it turns out was a yard outside the box which would make it illegal but if he was inside the zone would you even care and call it good play, probably not.

KaYotiX

Banned
Smokes!

I am moving to Houston... where to live? Found some nice apartments near the galleria... good idea/bad idea?

Welcome to TX then.

Sorry you have to live near Houston..... :)
I have 2 buds that live around the Katy area, they love it but hate driving into the city. (such a cluster fuck 24/7)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Says the guy who completely disappeared when his team went to crap, but by a miracle is somehow active again.

lol I love seeing Bob put in his place.

exarkun

I hear U of H is a rough, rough neighborhood.

Is Rice any better I wonder? I'm looking at applying to both for an accounting PhD.

UH's neighborhood is getting better, its next on the city's gentrification agenda. Piiiimp apartments and condos are built across 288 from the neighborhood behind UH. And a new mini police station is being built close by. UH's accounting is supposed to be dope, but then again Rice is a much nicer name generally.

LOL at wondering if Rice is any better. Shit is night and day. Its in one of the best neighborhoods in Houston. And fuck the Rice students that think all of houston is "so ghetto" that they stay within a 2 mile radius of the school and brag about it when they go out. Cause alot of em do that.

Dallas is kind of racist no lie. Or at least more so than Austin and Houston.

The Texans do cut block. I thinks some of you are confusing Cut Blocking vs Chop Blocking. Cushing was cut blocked from behind, and if someone wants to accuse the Texans of doing it "in every phase of the game" like chuckddd is saying, please enlighten me with either video or articles. I'd appreciate it!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No, THAT is clipping.

You should know better than to try and quote rules to me. The blocker's helmet is in FRONT of Cushing. Therefore, it is not from behind, therefore, it is not clipping. The tackle box is irrelevant here.

OMFG

TO wants to play for the JETS

Hahahahaha!

TO needs a paycheck.

Talon

Give it up, Mech. Every zone blocking team does the same thing by cutting down from outside. We did it when Gibbs was here. Y'all started doing it when Gibbs got there and still do.

LEGACY OF GIBBS

Mrbob

lol I love seeing Bob put in his place.

Not surprised to see Texans fans use falsities to push their agenda.

You are lucky that our interests align this week so I have to play nice. But the Bears/Texans match up is coming!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

You are lucky that our interests align this week so I have to play nice. But the Bears/Texans match up is coming!

Let's see how long you last this season

If those Bears are the Bears we know, they will go in hibernation mode soon enough, and you'll go back to obscurity like your team

Matrix

LOL

Good things happen for us when you root for the Texans. Go right ahead this weekend.

I hear U of H is a rough, rough neighborhood.

Is Rice any better I wonder? I'm looking at applying to both for an accounting PhD.
UH is in the 'hood. Rice/West U area is much nicer. However, you can throw a rock from UH and hit Rice. That's how close those neighborhoods are.

*Cougar Paw*

I can't wait until our Houston game and we get to smack the Texans down. Yes, Arian Foster is going to rush for 280 yards, but we'll still win. And best of all, it's the best game of hte Ravens season so far, and I get to be there. Turns out, that New England game wasn't a big deal, since New England sucks now.

Sanjuro

I can't wait until our Houston game and we get to smack the Texans down. Yes, Arian Foster is going to rush for 280 yards, but we'll still win. And best of all, it's the best game of hte Ravens season so far, and I get to be there. Turns out, that New England game wasn't a big deal, since New England sucks now.

Looks like you missed the Ravens game last weekend.

jakncoke

Banned
watch chris johnson have his 2nd good game of the year against us

I hear Lawrence Philips is available

isnt he in prison for like 20 years lol

On December 18, 2009, Phillips was sentenced to 25 years in prison on the 2009 convictions, to run consecutive to the 2008 sentence (which was reduced to just under 7 years), for a term of more than 31 years.[12] Phillips, California Department of Corrections# G31982, was admitted to the CDCR on October 16, 2008. Currently, Phillips is incarcerated at Kern Valley State Prison.[13] Under California law, since his crimes harmed other persons he must serve at least 85 percent of his sentence before being eligible for time off with good behavior. He will not be eligible for release until he serves 26 years—when he will be 57 years old.

Flacco to throw for 500 yards.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

How are you, my Orioles brother?

exarkun

hey larry, can i see your shit again when you guys score nothing but field goals because Flacco with have flashbacks to what we did to him in the playoffs last year?

Thanks in advance.

see5harp

Had no idea there was even a single asian pitcher on The Orioles. Guy was pretty calm last night considering the lineup he was pitching to.

Top Bottom