• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

WedgeX

Banned
Well, Jahvid Best will be undergoing tests to see if he can return to play for the Lions off the PUP list. Despite how awesome he can be, I hope he fails. I don't want his life and well-being ended for what might only be two or three games worth of awesomeness. Get him into coaching, scouting, whatevs.

Chris Greenwood, a cornerback, will also be returning from the PUP list from some kind of abdominal laceration that he received at the start of training camp. Sad that he missed, well, everything, but who knows mayhaps he'll contribute on Special Teams. Cannot be any worse than the slackers the Lions have currently.

Tom Penny

I can't wait until our Houston game and we get to smack the Texans down. Yes, Arian Foster is going to rush for 280 yards, but we'll still win. And best of all, it's the best game of hte Ravens season so far, and I get to be there. Turns out, that New England game wasn't a big deal, since New England sucks now.

Better get the replacement refs back scoring 23 on the Browns and 9 on KC...

beast786

Well, Jahvid Best will be undergoing tests to see if he can return to play for the Lions off the PUP list. Despite how awesome he can be, I hope he fails. I don't want his life and well-being ended for what might only be two or three games worth of awesomeness. Get him into coaching, scouting, whatevs.

Chris Greenwood, a cornerback, will also be returning from the PUP list from some kind of abdominal laceration that he received at the start of training camp. Sad that he missed, well, everything, but who knows mayhaps he'll contribute on Special Teams. Cannot be any worse than the slackers the Lions have currently.

we got couple of tough road games coming up. I don't want our season to end just 6 games in. I love football to much, don't do this to me.

MechDX

...when the Ravens beat you?

628x471.jpg

YTEXANS-articleLarge.jpg

628x471.jpg

Flacco will remember.

Godslay

Banned
I'm sorry you're content with using a 6 year old machine that gets 2nd grade ports, sub HD graphics, 20fps movement in games,PSN, and $60 games.

Aim higher.

Goddamn.

Give it up, Mech. Every zone blocking team does the same thing by cutting down from outside. We did it when Gibbs was here. Y'all started doing it when Gibbs got there and still do.

LEGACY OF GIBBS

Nobody liked it way back when they were doing it for TD either.

Well he has the same shitty taste in tattoo artistry that our savior kicker has

Amen, we all know that Prater was the light the shone upon Tebow's glory.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
What the crap at half of packers gaf moving to htown. Don't live in the galleria of yor going to
UH, unless it's UH downtown.

I've heard Austin is pretty damn great at least culture/food/living wise.
Great place to visit, pretty crappy place to live

I'm not going to defend the block that took out Cushing, but it's legal. If they want to make it illegal, then the Texans are fucked. You can't be for it on offense and then be against it on defense. If you think that Hou only goes for chop blocks on guys right in front of them, you're not paying attention. In fact, they routinely reach and chop. They chop the guys in front of them, they chop guys when the pull, they chop block on passing plays. They teach it, practice it and execute it. Personally, I wouldn't mind if the NFL did away with it. They'd save a lot of knees, but they'd absolutely nerf pass pro from running backs.
chop block != cut block.

Texans fans have their chest puffed out today. Where did all of this confidence come from?
wtf make up your mind nfl gaf. All day we're either self loathing, even keeled, and now puffing our chest out?

eznark

Banned
Not sure why any fan should care about meaningless titles that are handed out every other week.

100% agree with that, just saying I also don't get why anyone would get worked up about some idiot proving to the world that they are an idiot on twitter.

I35 is the WOSRT interstate highway ever! Nothing compares.

What part of I35? It didnt seem that bad to me when I would head towards New Braunfels/Guadalupe/Austin... thought living in SA and dealing with 410 everyday i was just used to getting fucked in traffic. 135 didnt seem that bad except right around the 1604 interchange.

MechDX

What part of I35? It didnt seem that bad to me when I would head towards New Braunfels/Guadalupe/Austin... thought living in SA and dealing with 410 everyday i was just used to getting fucked in traffic. 135 didnt seem that bad except right around the 1604 interchange.

Ive never had a good experience on I 35. Traveled from San Antonio to Austin a few imes and each one was miserable. I35 anywhere near Austin is unbearable.

Oh and I agree 410 sucks. Went on vacation there last year during spring break and its a mess as well.

Smokey

The best highway in Texas is I-10 going to El Paso...that 85mph speed limit. Which naturally means you go 95.

KaYotiX

Banned
Ive never had a good experience on I 35. Traveled from San Antonio to Austin a few imes and each one was miserable. I35 anywhere near Austin is unbearable.

Oh and I agree 410 sucks. Went on vacation there last year during spring break and its a mess as well.

Yeah dont touch I35 in Austin during rush hour, at least they have a toll road now to go around it.

hey larry, can i see your shit again when you guys score nothing but field goals because Flacco with have flashbacks to what we did to him in the playoffs last year?

Thanks in advance.

Flashbacks of a victory? I'm pretty sure we won that game. You can shut down Flacco, we can still win.

You want to see that shit, you can come find me at Reliant. I'll be there well after the game celebrating in my murder of Ravens fans.

Smokey

Flashbacks of a victory? I'm pretty sure we won that game. You can shut down Flacco, we can still win.

You want to see that shit, you can come find me at Reliant. I'll be there well after the game celebrating in my murder of Ravens fans.

You're going to kill Raven fans? Your own flock?

Wouldn't be a shocker nowadays!

Oh yeah... once you hit downtown Austin I35 turns into a parking lot. Doesn't seem to matter when you drive through, it's always like that!

410 is so funny to me. They keep adding more and more lanes thinking it will ease congestion. They started to run out of room and cant make it any wider. Now they have to started build towards the sky. Wonder what the plan is when they realize that isn't working either? "add more roads on top of the roads we already added!! It'll work this time, I promise!"

Spinluck

Can he play ILB in a 3-4?

Only one way to find out. lol

EDIT:

DEADSPINCOMMENT said:
@Vince Young: Hi (2:31am)
@tennesseetitans: hey (3:09am)
@Vince Young: oh HEY! still awake, huh? lol, well, what's up? just wanted to say heyyyyy thinking of youuuu (3:09am)
@tennesseetitans is no longer signed in to chat.

Lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I can't wait until our Houston game and we get to smack the Texans down. Yes, Arian Foster is going to rush for 280 yards, but we'll still win. And best of all, it's the best game of hte Ravens season so far, and I get to be there. Turns out, that New England game wasn't a big deal, since New England sucks now.

We almost beat your team with TJ Yates on the road and Jacoby Jones handed you the win. Talk that good shit, means nothing this season.

You're going to be at Reliant? lol

Alright, this long week should do the team a lot of good in getting rested and healthy. Bills will make a good opponent for us to bounce back. Rest, home (8-0), and a struggling Bills with patched OL should make for a Cardinals win. Now if the Giants can just beat the Niners again, we'll be back in business.

On another note, Ryan Williams out for season again.....SIGH. Now both backs are out and if our run game was laughable with the crap run blocking before, it will be non-existent now. Good thing we haven't relied on it for our wins but we need it to help a sub par offense. At least Beanie will be back for the last stretch. I think I read the way the IR rules work, he has to wait until our game against STL to come back even though he should be ready to go two weeks before.

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA
NYG @ SF