• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I just watched a Football Life

Cleveland '95

Gawd Damn!

I started getting really into football during HS (when FOX got rights)

Been watching SuperBowl since age 10 (1990)

First in family to ever watch sports religiously, thank fuck for brother/cousins

Good read, it truly was a painful although amazing thing to watch. Denver defenders got so gassed, and the plays were coming so fast.

The writer also made another great point, the guys on the Patriots O looked tired as well at the end of the game, which slowed them down, which resulted in the Denver D to adjust/get a breather and (almost) get back in the game.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
steelers16_medium.gif

Inhuman reaction speed. I hope this was Timmons finding his groove again.

The writer also made another great point, the guys on the Patriots O looked tired as well at the end of the game, which slowed them down, which resulted in the Denver D to adjust/get a breather and (almost) get back in the game.

That makes sense as to why the offense never really closes out teams at the end.I never thought about offenses getting tired from no huddle.

you have no line, you have no RB's, you have no QB. that is what i like to call a lack of talent.

and how does the 49ers losing help you get a wildcard spot? cards, rams and seahawks are all basically the same team. i'd say MAYBE one of the three could get in as a wildcard. i'll give you my honest opinion on the rest of your schedule:

Vs. Bills - W. i'm iffy on this one, i think it's going to be a close game. i would pick the home team, so the cards get a win We win, no doubt
@ Vikings - L. nope Iffy, close game, could go either way
Vs. 49ers - L. lulz Will have to see how these next two weeks go. Beat your ass last year here
@ Packers - L. i don't think you can hang with them. maybe they only put up a couple TD's on your D but that is more than enoughPackers play like they have been, we win. They wake up and we are experiencing same OL struggles, we lose
@ Falcons - L. brutal 3 game stretch for the cards. no, they aren't beating the falcons and especially not in atlanta This is the game that concerns me (besides my usual respect for Niner games) Tough game and you're extremely lucky to get NO instead
Vs. Rams - W. you get one back! Win, no doubt
@ Jets - L. probably going to be a close game, again to the home team it goes! LOLOLOLOL now you're just hating. Easy win for us
@ Seahawks - L. I don't think you can win @ seattle Seattle tough place to win but I could certainly see us wining. Go either way
Vs. Lions - W. I'm being extremely generous here. in a normal circumstance i think you get beat by detroit but i think the lions will have given up on their coach at this point in the season Lions garbo this year and we're at home, we win
Vs. Bears - L. no chance here unless jpout serves up a bunch of taints. He will turn the ball over, we win (honestly not sure on this one at this point)
@ 49ers - L. we'll probably sit our starters but i think our backups will blow you out I give you guys this one unless you actually sat your starters which won't happen

so, 7-9. not a bad season but completely front loaded
No way we only win 7 games. We should get 9 or 10 depending on if we go back to what works. Nine more realistic at the moment until I see how we bounce back.

Say no QB all you want but Kolb is getting it done, he really isn't a problem. No running right now sucks but we've achieved all our wins without it, we aren't going to lose all our remaining games without it. OL I give you but how many teams have a good OL? Kolb releases ball quickly like the first three weeks and there isn't a problem. We have amazing talent on D, great talent on ST, and great skill position players. We have tons of talent. Agree, Niners losing doesn't help wildcard, I guess I'm just holding out for winning division until you officially pass us for it. There's always the chance you never do if we get back in gear and you drop the Giant game. Highly unlikely, but possible.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
So Hitler , Stalin , and Bud Adams are locked in a room and you have 2 shots. Who do you shoot?

Fucking trick questions. Shoot Hitler and Stalin and strangle old man Adams myself.

Godslay

Banned

Even so it's an uphill climb for opposing offenses (assuming they fall behind), meanwhile making it somewhat easier for the defense to bring a lot of pressure.

I would love to see an implementation of this in Denver. The elevation, combined with that would make home games even more advantageous.

steelers16_medium.gif

Inhuman reaction speed. I hope this was Timmons finding his groove again.

Timmons is such a fucking beast when he's attacking.

Also, notice Harrison escaping the same block that put Cushing out. No use bitching about it.

I really, really hope Spence can come back from his injury and turn himself into something. The two of them in the middle would be amazing, though ideally they should switch sides.

edit: Sorry, Worilds, not Harrison.

Spinluck

Also, notice Harrison escaping the same block that put Cushing out. No use bitching about it.

I really, really hope Spence can come back from his injury and turn himself into something. The two of them in the middle would be amazing, though ideally they should switch sides.

Wasn't Cushing's completely from behind though?

exarkun

LOL

Did he go to the Ravens?

Yea he did. And apparently hes had one good game.

In response to us become the New Pack, it can't be. We haven't flooded the thread with new bandwagoners, we expect the worst out of every game (thank you oilers) and none of us have crossed over into Eznark level of cheesiness.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

Judging from what I saw in pre-season, Spence is just too small to play strong side, so I agree, but he'll be a beast in the big nickel package. I just never want to see Larry Foote try and cover anyone man-to-man ever again. Never ever.

Judging from what I saw in pre-season, Spence is just too small to play strong side, so I agree, but he'll be a beast in the big nickel package. I just never want to see Larry Foote try and cover anyone man-to-man ever again. Never ever.

It's really a shame. Each guy is perfect for the other guy's position. Timmons has the frame, Spence has the mind.

Foote trying to cover Shady was hilarious.

Get used to it. Tomlin said that Timmons is going to be doing more attacking from now on, which leaves Foote to drop into coverage.

No way we only win 7 games. We should get 9 or 10 depending on if we go back to what works. Nine more realistic at the moment until I see how we bounce back.

Say no QB all you want but Kolb is getting it done, he really isn't a problem. No running right now sucks but we've achieved all our wins without it, we aren't going to lose all our remaining games without it. OL I give you but how many teams have a good OL? Kolb releases ball quickly like the first three weeks and there isn't a problem. We have amazing talent on D, great talent on ST, and great skill position players. We have tons of talent. Agree, Niners losing doesn't help wildcard, I guess I'm just holding out for winning division until you officially pass us for it. There's always the chance you never do if we get back in gear and you drop the Giant game. Highly unlikely, but possible.

we have already passed you. we are currently in first place in the division

p.s.

and LOL @ you beating our ass in arizona last year. you won by 2 points in a game where the refs stole a special teams touchdown from us on a bogus stopping of the play for a review AFTER THE BALL HAD BEEN SNAPPED and then they couldn't even review it because the equipment wasn't working! teddy ginn also dropped a 60 yard bomb for a TD with no one around him and you got a fluke 40 yard TD to fitz that was about a half an inch away from going 6 the other way. i'll give you your props for beating us last year but you aren't beating us in either game this year. sorry!

cajunator

Banned
No hes legit. So are the Dolphins this year, definitely contenders for a Wild Card sport assuming Reggie can stay healthy.

Reggie and healthy do not go together.

Thats some fine looking scenery behind Favre.

Its nice today, mildy cooler than normal the past few days. July and August though...your lungs will boil

Tell me about it. Houston summer is Lafayette summer. We are only 4 hours apart.
In July it is like breathing in fire.

All I have to say if fuck all the spoiled ass fans of teams with a Superbowl win.

Ok, carry on.

I did enjoy 2009. If this is what we have to pay to have gotten it, well it was worth it.
I never imagined I would see a Saints super bowl ring. Its beautiful.

DeaconKnowlegde said:
Isn't that Worilds? Harrison on the LG (or tackle?) who is pulling from what I see there (#92).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
UH's neighborhood is getting better, its next on the city's gentrification agenda. Piiiimp apartments and condos are built across 288 from the neighborhood behind UH. And a new mini police station is being built close by. UH's accounting is supposed to be dope, but then again Rice is a much nicer name generally.

LOL at wondering if Rice is any better. Shit is night and day. Its in one of the best neighborhoods in Houston. And fuck the Rice students that think all of houston is "so ghetto" that they stay within a 2 mile radius of the school and brag about it when they go out. Cause alot of em do that.

Dallas is kind of racist no lie. Or at least more so than Austin and Houston.

UH is in the 'hood. Rice/West U area is much nicer. However, you can throw a rock from UH and hit Rice. That's how close those neighborhoods are.

*Cougar Paw*

UH is in the hood

Rice is by the medical center with the rich folk

Thanks for the feedback!

We'll probably be living outside the donut where it's a bit cheaper to live, we're paying 1000 bucks a month in downtown Irving right now and we're looking to go cheaper and dealing with the commute. Looking at a place in Northeast Houston just outside the donut off of US-90.

we have already passed you. we are currently in first place in the division

p.s.

and LOL @ you beating our ass in arizona last year. you won by 2 points in a game where the refs stole a special teams touchdown from us on a bogus stopping of the play for a review AFTER THE BALL HAD BEEN SNAPPED and then they couldn't even review it because the equipment wasn't working! teddy ginn also dropped a 60 yard bomb for a TD with no one around him and you got a fluke 40 yard TD to fitz that was about a half an inch away from going 6 the other way. i'll give you your props for beating us last year but you aren't beating us in either game this year. sorry!

Meh, same record and if you lose to NY we pass you. It doesn't matter if you're ranked above because our head to head will have higher weight.

I had a feeling you would take my phrase out of context. I meant we beat you, not that we destroyed you. Beat your ass is an expression. Excuses excuses, you lost, period. I have to see how we play these next two games to decide if I think we'll come out with the win. It's certainly possible at home but not likely at all in SF. If we resemble the last two games, you'll kill us. If we resemble the first three, we win.

Meh, same record and if you lose to NY we pass you. It doesn't matter if you're ranked above because our head to head will have higher weight.

I had a feeling you would take my phrase out of context. I meant we beat you, not that we destroyed you. Beat your ass is an expression. Excuses excuses, you lost, period. I have to see how we play these next two games to decide if I think we'll come out with the win. It's certainly possible at home but not likely at all in SF. If we resemble the last two games, you'll kill us. If we resemble the first three, we win.

yeah, you beat us in that game and then we actually went on to have success in the playoffs. what did you guys do last year?

and if you play like you did in your first 3 games, you will lose. that is what i'm saying. your BEST game of the year was against philly and i'm letting you know that there is a 0% chance that we dont run the ball down your throat (unlike philly). we don't turn the ball over, alex smith isn't going to sit back there like a dumb fuck and take sack after sack, particularly on the goal line.

niners have the best defense in the league, the #3 ranked offense, the highest rated passer in the league and the #1 rushing offense in the league. if we even halfway show up, the cardinals will not win either game.

now im not so foolish as to say that there is no chance we can lose like yankeehater. any team can beat any other team. but the cardinals aren't anywhere near as good as the 49ers. not on offense and not on defense. over the course of a full season things will play out as i said they will

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just watched a Football Life

Cleveland '95

Gawd Damn!
Weren't a bunch of people complaining that wasn't an accurate portrayal in last week's thread? I've avoided watching it because of that.

Fairweather 49ers fans certainly are out in force this year.

If Corran doesn't want to do one again this year, I'll do one with you.

You're calling FMT a fairweather fan? Really?

yeah, you beat us in that game and then we actually went on to have success in the playoffs. what did you guys do last year?

and if you play like you did in your first 3 games, you will lose. that is what i'm saying. your BEST game of the year was against philly and i'm letting you know that there is a 0% chance that we dont run the ball down your throat (unlike philly). we don't turn the ball over, alex smith isn't going to sit back there like a dumb fuck and take sack after sack, particularly on the goal line.

niners have the best defense in the league, the #3 ranked offense, the highest rated passer in the league and the #1 rushing offense in the league. if we even halfway show up, the cardinals will not win either game.

now im not so foolish as to say that there is no chance we can lose like yankeehater. any team can beat any other team. but the cardinals aren't anywhere near as good as the 49ers. not on offense and not on defense. over the course of a full season things will play out as i said they will

We went from 1-6 to 8-8 is what we did and we've sustained that by winning this year. If our D had the off season to absorb Horton's schemes instead of doing it during the season, we'd have EASILY made the playoffs. No shot at winning it all though.

That's where we disagree. Your offense will not enjoy the success it's had against other teams. I think we still need to keep improving and earn our stripes, especially as our CB's are still growing, so I'll give you best D right now. It is not however, much better than ours. Better, but not much and not for long. Another season or two and we'll be there, just need the CB's to catch up.

Our D does not give up much rushing unless we are in a situation where deep passing is a threat. That's why Shady magically got yards late in the game, we were just making sure they didn't make the big plays they needed to get back in the game. Alex Smith is not the threat Vick (sounds funny but he passed over 400 yards both games before us) and Brady is. You will not run it down our throat. You are really full of your team. Don't get me wrong, I think Niners look the best in the league right now, but to make a comment like only half showing up? Please. You won't win easy, that's for sure and it's quite possible you lose. IF we look good these next to games, I'll even say probable.

Sorry, we aren't only winning 7 games and we aren't losing to the Jets. No way your prediction comes true.

cajunator

Banned
We went from 1-6 to 8-8 is what we did and we've sustained that by winning this year. If our D had the off season to absorb Horton's schemes instead of doing it during the season, we'd have EASILY made the playoffs. No shot at winning it all though.

That's where we disagree. Your offense will not enjoy the success it's had against other teams. I think we still need to keep improving and earn our stripes, especially as our CB's are still growing, so I'll give you best D right now. It is not however, much better than ours. Better, but not much and not for long. Another season or two and we'll be there, just need the CB's to catch up.

Our D does not give up much rushing unless we are in a situation where deep passing is a threat. That's why Shady magically got yards late in the game, we were just making sure they didn't make the big plays they needed to get back in the game. Alex Smith is not the threat Vick (sounds funny but he passed over 400 yards both games before us) and Brady is. You will not run it down our throat. You are really full of your team. Don't get me wrong, I think Niners look the best in the league right now, but to make a comment like only half showing up? Please. You won't win easy, that's for sure and it's quite possible you lose. IF we look good these next to games, I'll even say probable.

Sorry, we aren't only winning 7 games and we aren't losing to the Jets. No way your prediction comes true.

Yall look pretty good overall. Probably 10-6 or 11-5.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Weren't a bunch of people complaining that wasn't an accurate portrayal in last week's thread? I've avoided watching it because of that.

No clue, must have missed that convo

Just watched it from my DVR

That was fucked up with what happened there

Homemade Chili. Yum.

Moms made dinner

Achar (Pickled Spices) Chicken with White Rice + Masoor Daal

Brownies for Dessert...

So Good!

cajunator

Banned
Lucky. I love curry but so seldom get to eat it. One of the best I ever had was a place in Sydney's China Town that had Wagyu curry. My god.

I live right down the street from three thai places, so I get a bit tired of it sometimes.
My neighborhood is a big rectangle surrounded on all sides by like 40 restaurants though so I have choices.

Top Bottom