• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

jmdajr

Losing Cushing hurts more than most realize. HIm being out and Barwin/Reed pretty much dissappaearing this season doesnt help.

Who put up that stat that said when Brian Cushing is not on the field passing plays success increase from 50% to 68%?
(something like that)

eznark

Banned
I am by no means counting chickens before they are hatched, the Packers have a lot of very real problems and can literally lose to anyone at anytime (just like everyone else) but winning that game last night puts them in a really nice spot. They have the super late bye week, which I love, and the Rams, Jaguars and Cardinals (in GB) before the bye. Among the 8 teams in front of them in the NFC standings are the Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks and Vikings. Of those teams, I think Seattle has the only real shot of finishing the season with a winning record.

8-8 playoffs! Wooooo!!!

We wont let you down.

I hope.
Before yesterday I would have been extremely confident in the Patriots, and I still think they should win with ease, but the Jets are really confusing me. I didn't see their game with the Colts but I expected it to be a lot closer.

eznark said:
8-8 playoffs! Wooooo!!!
Should be good for a first-round bye in the AFC. Seriously, when is the last time the AFC was this bad?

MC2pW.png

d -- b said:
No suggestions on FMT's avatar for the week :O?
Something with Bradshaw would work. I think that was the most egregious part of the loss. The Niners hadn't given up a rushing TD all season and I think the last time was Marshawn Lynch (same for the 100 yards on the ground). The offensive line and Bradshaw did some nice work yesterday. Or you can always go with a quality Eli goofball pic.:)

I made Alex Smith my fantasy QB this week. I should have known that the Giants would show up large for this game.

Who's their opponent next week? I want to pick him up so I can benefit from the G-Men going back to sleep.

I made Alex Smith my fantasy QB this week. I should have known that the Giants would show up large for this game.

Who's their opponent next week? I want to pick him up so I can benefit from the G-Men going back to sleep.

Giants always play well against good teams, it is the bad teams that give them trouble.

MechDX

Who put up that stat that said when Brian Cushing is not on the field passing plays success increase from 50% to 68%?
(something like that)

I saw that number it wasnt that big, like 52% to 58%, I just remember its like a 6% difference. Seriously though where the hell has Barwin gone? 11 sacks last year and he hasnt even shown up this year.

jmdajr

I saw that number it wasnt that big, like 52% to 58%, I just remember its like a 6% difference. Seriously though where the hell has Barwin gone? 11 sacks last year and he hasnt even shown up this year.

Not sure if he is mad not getting paid, but who's going to pick him up playing like this?

edit: AJ on his 10,000 game.

“It’s a big accomplishment, but the way things played out (tonight) it doesn’t feel good,” he said.

Yup, no superdome like party for this one. Feels bad man.

Man, who would've thought a 75th pick in the 3rd round would be playing well? What a waste of money on Flynn.

I'm sure as hell Miami didn't pick up Flynn. Not even Philbin wanted him, LOL.

Something with Bradshaw would work. I think that was the most egregious part of the loss. The Niners hadn't given up a rushing TD all season and I think the last time was Marshawn Lynch (same for the 100 yards on the ground). The offensive line and Bradshaw did some nice work yesterday. Or you can always go with a quality goofball pic.:)

We already allowed a rush td to the great Christian ponder

Man, who would've thought a 75th pick in the 3rd round would be playing well? What a waste of money on Flynn.

I'm sure as hell Miami didn't pick up Flynn. Not even Philbin wanted him, LOL.

I watched the whole Seahawks game yesterday and Wilson was so good. He doesnt get rattled for flustered when they are down like a lot of guys do. He has an amazing ability to extend plays, and he is always looking to make plays down the field. They are going to be a really scary team once Pete fully takes the training wheels off.

Right, but they beat the Packers who lit up the Texans last night... It's confusing to me.

Again, nothing to be confused about. Pack went up 21-3 at the half, only for the offense to fall asleep and have Luck storm back against their trash defense in the second half. All of these things are commensurate with their teams' reputations.

bionic77

I am by no means counting chickens before they are hatched, the Packers have a lot of very real problems and can literally lose to anyone at anytime (just like everyone else) but winning that game last night puts them in a really nice spot. They have the super late bye week, which I love, and the Rams, Jaguars and Cardinals (in GB) before the bye. Among the 8 teams in front of them in the NFC standings are the Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks and Vikings. Of those teams, I think Seattle has the only real shot of finishing the season with a winning record.

8-8 playoffs! Wooooo!!!
Did the Packers get reassigned to the AFC?

Because if you didn't I don't think 8-8 is going to cut it in the NFC this year.

8-8 and a playoff spot was already reserved for the Steelers in the best conference!

eznark

Banned
Two QB's, 1 cup. Joe Montana and Steve Young eating feces. That should be FMT's new avatar.

Because if you didn't I don't think 8-8 is going to cut it in the NFC this year.
8-8 and a playoff spot was already reserved for the Steelers in the best conference!
Which team not currently .500 is going to get there? I don't see it. I think there will be two 8-8 teams in the playoffs and the Seahawks will be one of them. Packers will be the other.

Vamlock

i5jLYvPhMey2D.png

ibtz4YVnvn22NJ.png

Well that was quick. :lol

Can someone start up another GAF Survival pool on yahoo?

I'd like to thank everyone for picking the wrong teams at the right time and my uncanny luck since (as you can tell from the pick'em leagues) I can barely pick one right winner every week. I think I'm losing to people who missed full weeks over there...

MechDX

I'd like to thank everyone for picking the wrong teams at the right time and my uncanny luck since (as you can tell from the pick'em leagues) I can barely pick one right winner every week. I think I'm losing to people who missed full weeks over there...

Half of pick'em picked the Cards vs the Pats.

One thing that's pissing me off is that the Rats defense is becoming historically bad and yet the Rats are still finding ways to win. Start fucking collapsing already!

jmdajr

One thing that's pissing me off is that the Rats defense is becoming historically bad and yet the Rats are still finding ways to win. Start fucking collapsing already!

Ravens/Texans is going to be like that Jets game. Opponent D takes huge losses, yet we can't close the deal. Texans still have a shot as long as we play at AFC level football.

Mrbob

I watched the whole Seahawks game yesterday and Wilson was so good. He doesnt get rattled for flustered when they are down like a lot of guys do. He has an amazing ability to extend plays, and he is always looking to make plays down the field. They are going to be a really scary team once Pete fully takes the training wheels off.

FMTs decade long nightmare about to become a reality.

I've been a bit surprised how Cheating Pete has had the brakes on Wilson this season. Russell throws a strong and accurate deep pass, and he was chucking the ball down the field all the time at Wisconsin. He finally had a chance to start chucking it yesterday and producing results.

bionic77

Two QB's, 1 cup. Joe Montana and Steve Young eating feces. That should be FMT's new avatar.

Which team not currently .500 is going to get there? I don't see it. I think there will be two 8-8 teams in the playoffs and the Seahawks will be one of them. Packers will be the other.
Show a little more respect to a 4-2 team.

You might have had your fun against the best team in the worst division in football, but unless you are the Giants you have to respect the NFC West.

When you are a 3rd place team like the Steelers and Packers you have to show a little more humility.

Also, are people still laughing at me for being worried about losing to the Browns?

eznark

Banned
If the Seahawks got to play all of their games at home they would be a 14 win team.

I can't wait for Sunday. It's going to be nice to see the window officially close on the one season of the Lions being relevant.

Coming off a bye week, even you idiots shouldn't be able to fuck it up.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I picked up Indy'd defense in fantasy just because they were playing the shitty Jets. I benched Detriots defense for them, because Vick promised he wouldn't turn it over anymore. Indy -6 points, Det 8 points. I don't know what I was thinking.

Mrbob

I can't wait for Sunday. It's going to be nice to see the window officially close on the one season of the Lions being relevant.

Coming off a bye week, even you idiots shouldn't be able to fuck it up.

Lovie owns after a bye week. We got this shit. But you'll have to wait till Monday Night to see the Lions self destruct in front of a national audience!

Tom Penny

I've been a bit surprised how Cheating Pete has had the brakes on Wilson this season. Russell throws a strong and accurate deep pass, and he was chucking the ball down the field all the time at Wisconsin. He finally had a chance to start chucking it yesterday and producing results.

Are you new to the Pats secondary?

bionic77

Smart coaches protect their young qb's.

Though I don't know if Pete is a smart coach yet.

And it is weird rooting for the Seahawks, but they have probably been the most entertaining team this year. Their wins against the Packers and Patriots should make them every undecided fans favorite.

Top Bottom