• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Ravens/Texans is going to be like that Jets game. Opponent D takes huge losses, yet we can't close the deal. Texans still have a shot as long as we play at AFC level football.

You listen to me and you listen good. Your shitstain franchise better pull it together long enough to give the Rats a whuppin. This coasting by on garbage teams has to stop.

Dragon

Banned
russell_wilson-600x431.jpg

Thank God he went to Wisconsin so you could root for him and he didn't go to a bad team like NC State.

eznark

Banned
sandiestvaginaofthemall said:
Thank God he went to Wisconsin so you could root for him and he didn't go to a bad team like NC State.

Wes Welker played for the Dolphins so you aren't allowed to root for him.

Smart coaches protect their young qb's.

Though I don't know if Pete is a smart coach yet.

And it is weird rooting for the Seahawks, but they have probably been the most entertaining team this year. Their wins against the Packers and Patriots should make them every undecided fans favorite.

There are teams that are lovable (Packers and Steelers, obviously) teams that are hateable (Patriots, Cowboys, etc) and then a huge swath of inconsequential teams like the Falcons, Texans, Bears and Eagles that no one ever really care about. At the other end are pitiable teams that you just feel sorry for and are glad every morning that they haven't eaten the inevitable bullet yet (Browns, Bengals, Rams) and teams that are generally poor and hopeless but you want to root for (Titans, Panthers, etc).

For me the Seahawks fall into this weird middle ground. They tried so hard for so long to be Packers-west that I kind of appreciate them for getting a guy like Pete and doing their own thing. Of course, it took a Wisconsin quarterback and Wisconsin offensive coordinator to get them there but still. I am glad they're seeing some success and am glad they figured out that just stealing the head coach and backup QB from Green Bay isn't going to get it done.

bionic77

Speaking of lovable Seahawks, I think we can all agree that Richard Sherman is an America hero and should be a candidate for the Hall of Fame after this season. Everyone else on board with this?

He should be Tebow's VP candidate once they are of age. I think those two can turn this country around!

eznark

Banned
Speaking of lovable Seahawks, I think we can all agree that Richard Sherman is an America hero and should be a candidate for the Hall of Fame after this season. Everyone else on board with this?

He should be Tebow's VP candidate once they are of age. I think those two can turn this country around!

Wilson/Sherman 2016

Which Houston fan wants to feed me at their tailgate this week? It's the least you can do, after I fly there only to watch the worst 5-1 team in the history of football (I'm talking the Ravens) now missing some of it's best defensive players and Ray Lewis. Yet Flacco still is healthy.

Oh well, what the fuck is there to do in Houston? The football part is looking grim.

Dragon

Banned
Wes Welker played for the Dolphins so you aren't allowed to root for him.

True. I'm a bad fan though, you aren't!

They combined to leave the Patriots (3-3) as the first team with three losses by two points or fewer in its first six games since the 1960 Dallas Texans of the AFL.

Wilson is likely the worst starting qb in the league. The bills offense put up more points on the pats awful D

Hilariously, the Pats almost gained as many yards against the vaunted Seahawks D as they did against the Bills also.

eznark

Banned
Obviously Fox isn't ready for an all-black ticket. You disgust me.

Which Houston fan wants to feed me at their tailgate this week? It's the least you can do, after I fly there only to watch the worst 5-1 team in the history of football (I'm talking the Ravens) now missing some of it's best defensive players and Ray Lewis. Yet Flacco still is healthy.

Oh well, what the fuck is there to do in Houston? The football part is looking grim.

You still have the only really functioning part of Ray Lewis, his incessant and obnoxious mouth. If they put an actual functioning human body who possesses lateral movement like the rest of us (well, sorry graverobber) it will be an upgrade.

bionic77

Nothing.

And stop bitching about missing good defensive players. At least you have good players on defense!

jmdajr

Houston isn't a very touristy town. If you are staying by the stadium, the train on Main takes you up to the Museum/Zoo distrcit and then to downtown Houston.
NASA/Galveston beach is pretty far away.

If you want strippers and booze, it's a little out of the way but not that far.

The train also takes you to the Medical Distrcit if you need to go after the game,,,,

Dragon

Banned
I do love that Steelers fans are talking shit about the Patriots losing on the road in Seattle by one point when they lost to Tennessee and Hasselsuck.

verbum

I feel terrible for Baltimore. Definitely losing Webb for the season and potentially losing Ray Ray. Yeesh.

We played like absolute shit for the last three weeks but managed to escape with Ws. These are games we weren't winning last year.

You can either take that as a sign of resiliency or luck. The offense has been letting the defense down the last few weeks but showing up in the 4th quarter when it matters. I'm happier winning shitty games then losing them.

The Bye comes at the right time, though. We need to get back to how we played against San Diego.

I'm getting deja vu. Reminds me of the 2010 season.

Nemesis121 said:
now I am scared for the Skins game...
I joked yesterday with Welli that the Giants would now lose to the Skins after the high of this game. It wouldn't shock me but it's October and Coughlin/Eli are usually money this month. Couple that with being 0-2 in the division and two big division match-ups coming up next the team will have a sense of urgenc. I think we get on a roll until November and either shit the bed against the Steelers or Bengals in early November.

Dragon

Banned
I'd love to see you make at least one post that doesn't sound like you're mad to the point of tears.

I'm going to level with you DK. Can I call you DK? Cool. Thanks.

So DK, here's the deal, your team is garbage. Your defense is old and busted. Your offensive line is still putrid. You have to count on Rashard Mendenhall as your running back who is about as reliable as a five year old with ADD. And your QB is an accused rapist.

It makes sense that you have to take pleasure in seeing the Patriots playing the way they're playing. I would too if I had nothing else to root for. But don't be surprised when I mouth off to you, you can't run your mouth and not bear the consequences. Just ask Tom Brady.

I am glad they're seeing some success and am glad they figured out that just stealing the head coach and backup QB from Green Bay isn't going to get it done.

That's because they finally realized that they needed one of GB's personnel/talent guys as well! Schneider is why cheatin' pete is successful.

eznark

Banned
I'm going to level with you DK. Can I call you DK? Cool. Thanks.

So DK, here's the deal, your team is garbage. Your defense is old and busted. Your offensive line is still putrid. You have to count on Rashard Mendenhall as your running back who is about as reliable as a five year old with ADD. And your QB is an accused rapist.

It makes sense that you have to take pleasure in seeing the Patriots playing the way they're playing. I would too if I had nothing else to root for. But don't be surprised when I mouth off to you, you can't run your mouth and not bear the consequences. Just ask Tom Brady.
c387573a018f776fc54470ece9fd59a1.jpeg

Asterisk.jpg

brady_crying.jpg

Asterisk.jpg

tom-brady-crying.jpg

Asterisk.jpg

bionic77

I do love that Steelers fans are talking shit about the Patriots losing on the road in Seattle by one point when they lost to Tennessee and Hasselsuck.
Yes our team is garbage.

That does not invalidate the fact that your team is also garbage and that going as far back as a week they were Superbowl contender according to many "experts". :lol

It also does not change the fact that Steeler fans are generally decent people who know right from wrong and we all take great delight from the failures of evil organizations like the Ravens and Patriots. Most of us were also happy that we beat the nazi's in WWII and that Bin Laden is dead. I know that most Pat fans are fans of WWII Germany so I can't relate to how you feel.

Look I know seeing your team be garbage is hard for you and most other Patriot fans because most of you never watched football until after the 2001 season. But trust me, being garbage is a strong part of the Pats history. Before they were winning a few rings (by cheating and a clutch FG kicker) they were pretty much the laughing stock of the league. Thankfully I think we are set to return to those good ol days so you have a few choices. Either accept your new reality or go back to throwing rocks at black people and obsessing over the Yankees.

effzee

Was out all day yesterday and don't even care to go into detail anymore with this crappy team.

At this point I don't see us winning the next two games (Atl at home and then NO in NO).

Lurie should fire Reid if this team is at 3-5 but he won't. Hell I am now worried that he won't get fired even at 8-8. They always come up with some BS reason to keep him around. Last year it was because "oh they won their last 4" but completely over looking the competition in those final games.

Congrats to Detroit. You guys were dumbfounded for 3 quarters but our coach, D, and O let you guys back into the game.

2 carries for McCoy in the fourth LOL LOL LOL

Fire this clown already please.

Was out all day yesterday and don't even care to go into detail anymore with this crappy team.

At this point I don't see us winning the next two games (Atl at home and then NO in NO).

Lurie should fire Reid if this team is at 3-5 but he won't. Hell I am now worried that he won't get fired even at 8-8. They always come up with some BS reason to keep him around. Last year it was because "oh they won their last 4" but completely over looking the competition in those final games.

Congrats to Detroit. You guys were dumbfounded for 3 quarters but our coach, D, and O let you guys back into the game.

This is pretty much how Stafford plays. He's like a less mobile, stronger-armed Tebow.

Sanjuro

Yes our team is garbage.

That does not invalidate the fact that your team is also garbage and that going as far back as a week they were Superbowl contender according to many "experts". :lol

It also does not change the fact that Steeler fans are generally decent people who know right from wrong and we all take great delight from the failures of evil organizations like the Ravens and Patriots. Most of us were also happy that we beat the nazi's in WWII and that Bin Laden is dead. I know that most Pat fans are fans of WWII Germany so I can't relate to how you feel.

Look I know seeing your team be garbage is hard for you and most other Patriot fans because most of you never watched football until after the 2001 season. But trust me, being garbage is a strong part of the Pats history. Before they were winning a few rings (by cheating and a clutch FG kicker) they were pretty much the laughing stock of the league. Thankfully I think we are set to return to those good ol days so you have a few choices. Either accept your new reality or go back to throwing rocks at black people and obsessing over the Yankees.

Pure salt.

bionic77

Reid was talking about the 10 point lead with 10 minutes left and saying that the team needs to learn how to close out teams. :lol

Never change fat man! You bring too much comedy to the world. In a world this fucked up we could all use more laughs.

Dragon

Banned

You should really know that I don't really like Tom Brady that much. Because he's an asshole who bitches to the refs all the time. Just FYI.

Desmond Howard sucks
Yes our team is garbage.

So they were the laughingstock of the league from 1994 through 1999 when they were basically .500? It's been almost 20 years since they could be considered laughingstock. Get your facts straight instead of regurgitating the same bullshit and cliches that you always do. You're almost as tired as the Steelers D after playing a high school team.

Brinbe

I think he's gone, but Lurie will wait till the off-season to pull that trigger, unless we really collapse and the pressure in the city among fans gets too much to handle. And he'll take Marty/Juan/Vick with him too, hopefully. This team is in such drastic need of a change, it's not even funny anymore. That loss just cemented it.

Up 10 with 5 mins left and still find a way to lose, that's just unbelievably bad. There's no defending it. And that's Andy Reid teams in a nutshell.

Top Bottom