• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Milchjon

Are you referencing the destruction of the Pats at home by the Ravens or the subsequent defeat of the Ravens at the hands of the Steelers?

Because yeah, they were both pretty awesome but I don't know if I would make a banner about it or anything.

I was specifically referring to the Steelers season.

Also, 2010 we lost to the Jets. Ravens was in 2009.

FUCK YOU RAY RICE.

He has thirteen. 8 interceptions and 5 lost fumbles. However, he also has 9 total fumbles. So his real turnover number is 13|17.

So I shouldn't trust ESPN numbers, they only show 3 fumbles.

MechDX

So Webb is out for the season, Lewis is "more than likely" gone for a prolonged period of time and now Haloti Ngata may be out for a while?

Damn!

7XKIF.jpg

w6xzx.jpg

It sure was.
Hey remember when we had a D-Line that wasn't complete shit?

eznark

Banned
Remember when Arian Foster had 29 yards on 17 carries, Bucket?

So Webb is out for the season, Lewis is "more than likely" gone for a prolonged period of time and now Haloti Ngata may be out for a while?

Damn!

All things considered, yesterday was actually a pretty good day for Houston.

eznark

Banned

It was, I agree

I'm dead fucking serious. C'mon, you don't want to go undefeated. No one actually wants that. And you lost to a non-conference opponent who everyone still thinks is a powerhouse so there is no real shame in it and it can be written off as a fluke. Also, the Patriots lost, the Ravens lost their defense and the Steelers showed the window is officially closed.

You're the last marginally decent AFC team. Congratulations!!

Smokey

I'm dead fucking serious. C'mon, you don't want to go undefeated. No one actually wants that. And you lost to a non-conference opponent who everyone still thinks is a powerhouse so there is no real shame in it and it can be written off as a fluke. Also, the Patriots lost, the Ravens lost their defense and the Steelers showed the window is officially closed.

I was being serious... an ass whooping can be good sometimes. Big picture it was a non conference game and I am fine with being 5-1. They lose next week and my rage will probably flare up.

MechDX

ssshhhhhhhhhh. Im gonna go eat a box of Twinkies while thinking about what might have been before I come back and get cocky about the Ravens game

Avant throws down the gauntlet in Philly:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap10...sciplined-football?module=HP11_headline_stack

"It's undisciplined football," wide receiver Jason Avant told the Philadelphia Inquirer. "An undisciplined team at this point. Six games in, it's embarrassing. That's the word. Embarrassing. For coaches. And veteran players.

"With the mindset of, 'Me before the team,' in certain instances. And we need to address that."

Avant's complaint of selfish play is the biggest eye-opener here. It's not a surprise, though. The Eagles play like an uneven, undisciplined team.

"(Andy Reid is) disgusted with how we played and how we finished," tight end Brent Celek told ESPN.com, "and, I think we as players are, too."

Guard Todd Herremens also broke out the "undisciplined" word to explain his teammates. Defensive tackle Fletcher Cox was thrown out for fighting. Both the Lions and Eaglesdid not look like playoff teams. Michael Vick yelled at DeSean Jackson for failing to go in motion before one first-half play. While Vick was yelling, he didn't see a shotgun snap coming right at him. Fumble.

Jackson also "smacked Travis Lewis in the face" after a second quarter punt, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer. He was lucky not to be thrown out.

"The interesting thing about it is, Coach Reid is such a disciplinarian," cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha said. "And there are times in the game where that becomes an issue. It makes no sense."

8-8 was unacceptable for this team last year, according to owner Jeffrey Lurie. They are 3-3 and have looked every bit like the same talented, sloppy squad that will blow as many close games as they will win.
I only watched a portion of the game so I missed most of the bolded stuff but wow.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So salty in here this morning.

I guess this is what happens when the Browns win a game. For one week there isn't one team that everyone can just universally agree to laugh at to calm the salty waters. :(

MechDX

I guess this is what happens when the Browns win a game. For one week there isn't one team that everyone can just universally agree to laugh at to calm the salty waters. :(

Browns win = Texans loss. You sonofabitch!
actually I'M happy for you Kave!

Nori Chan

Shut up canadia

We're out here trying to function, and you're trying to bring it back to normal.

I know how you feel, man. It wasn't long ago that the Dolphins went 1-15 and at the beginning of this year they were poised to be the laughingstock of these threads throughout the season. Luckily they've ascended to mediocrity though, so now no one will notice/care about them. Hopefully the Browns can join them soon! Congrats on the big win yesterday, by the way.

Update:

Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

Transcript of Vilma hearing with league included in today's filings. Says players were rewarded for hits that knocked players out BUT.....if the player was injured (i.e. not just having the wind knocked out of him), there was no reward.

Well that certainly makes it all better now.

eznark

Banned
Bengals were embarrassing to pretend to root for.

Update:

Well that certainly makes it all better now.

By next month Vilma will be admitting to paying extra for the injuries. Guy is a lying cunt who can't control his mouth or his emotions. Good to see him get his.

jmdajr

So Houston sports writer John McClain posted on twitter on how Don capers really stuck it to the Texans after beating the organization that fired him. I'm pretty sure he already stuck it to us when he helped run one of the worst Offenses in NFL history.

Draxal

Something with Bradshaw would work. I think that was the most egregious part of the loss. The Niners hadn't given up a rushing TD all season and I think the last time was Marshawn Lynch (same for the 100 yards on the ground). The offensive line and Bradshaw did some nice work yesterday. Or you can always go with a quality Eli goofball pic.:)

Go old school, and to match the Marshall/Montana hit ... Burt/Montana.

Joe-Montana-Jim-Burt.jpg

So Houston sports writer John McClain posted on twitter on how Don capers really stuck it to the Texans after beating the organization that fired him. I'm pretty sure he already stuck it to us when he helped run one of the worst Offenses in NFL history.

And now you have Kubiak, Capers should know that was punishment enough.

Mrbob

Salty tears about what? Falcons are regular season front runners. Once the playoffs start they will crumble.

Although I do have to say I enjoy it when coaches get burned on "icing" the kicker at the end of a game!

The Atlanta Falcons are the class of the league.

I grovel at the feet of their unstoppable offense.

Their schedule has been impossible.

They've crushed every opponent.

ALL SHALL LOVE FALCONS AND DESPAIR!!!!

Reids been done for a while. Like I've said many times he and Don should have been packaged goods. Vicks probably done. Jax hasn't been the same since the concussions.

Top Bottom