• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

eznark

Banned
RE: #1

I was telling a friend the other day that they need to go back and watch the 09 Wild Card game and copy the Cardinals' gameplan. Tons of quick releases, gash 'em over the middle.

Yeah I don't know why he's going deep every play. I've noticed that a lot. Greed and fatigue, probably.
He won't like to admit it but he's Favreing it now that shit isn't going well.

I don't think it's that at all (despite the year of jokes that will counter that statement, fuck you Fraudgers!) I just think he is making bad reads and bad decisions.

To me that lends itself to the notion that losing Philbin and his prep work has been extremely detrimental for Rodgers.

Chili

Everyone wants on the list, no one wants to post.

I'm trying to post more but unfortunately I have to watch the games with a few minutes delay (damn you, Gamepass!) so try to keep out during gametime and also half the time I have no idea what people are going on about in here with all your in-jokes and whatnot.

squicken

Alright I've come over to Rors' side on this. I think Fantomex did it for fun but it's just too much now. Not anyone recent, but there have been a few "add me" posts from people I've never seen. I understand the usefulness with the NBA thread since 2 teams have 95% of the fans, but not so much w/ football threads

edit: there are only like 3 insular jokes

josh freeman is fat and likes tacos

jnc = lol

racist = not racist = kind of racist

eznark

Banned
Alright I've come over to Rors' side on this. I think Fantomex did it for fun but it's just too much now. Not anyone recent, but there have been a few "add me" posts from people I've never seen. I understand the usefulness with the NBA thread since 2 teams have 95% of the fans, but not so much w/ football threads

Also it's ugly as fuck

I'm trying to post more but unfortunately I have to watch the games with a few minutes delay (damn you, Gamepass!) so try to keep out during gametime and also half the time I have no idea what people are going on about in here with all your in-jokes and whatnot.

Nobody posts anything of worth while the game is going on. It's before the game and directly after the game that's important.

squicken

@BrianCoz: Woody Johnson on J.J. Watt from CNBC: "We should have done a better job of accounting for him and keeping a spy on him."

lol 5 more years of Tannenbaum

Milchjon

edit: there are only like 3 insular jokes

josh freeman is fat and likes tacos

jnc = lol

racist = not racist = kind of racist

There are a few other important facts:

•FMT loves scat
•So does Larry, just as he loves Flacco
•Bionic loves Brady
•jakncoke loves the Seahawks
•Eznark loves nothing.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You lurkers need to come out of hiding!

If I a Browns fan who isn't even from Cleveland can show up here every week and swallow sadness on a regular basis what excuse do y'all have?

image.php

eznark

Banned
It is a communication issue if you can't pick up a stunt with only three rushing.

Indeed, but more often than not teams aren't even bothering to stunt. Maybe Indy did move some guys around on the line, I don't know. I haven't been able to bring myself to watch it again and it's tough to pick up interior play when at the game in person.

Hammer24

Banned

If I a Browns fan who isn't even from Cleveland can show up here every week and swallow sadness on a regular basis what excuse do y'all have?

Longtime Bucs fan here, yeah the swallowing sadness part is no stranger to me.
But worse than the pileup of losing seasons is the slow drain on likeable players on the team. So we went from Lynch, Alstott, Brooks, Sapp and Barber to what? Ronde plus the fat guy pretending to be a franchise QB? *bitter*

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Have we talked yet about how Eli will give the Niners a 17 point lead then rip their hearts out?

Spotted the Bucs 11, spotted the Browns 14. He might just be trying to get his Madden achievements. I think the last one is Circle the Wagons where you have to come back from a 35-3 deficit like the Bills did. Maybe he'll do that one when we play the Packers.

eznark

Banned
Have we talked yet about how Eli will give the Niners a 17 point lead then rip their hearts out?

Spotted the Bucs 11, spotted the Browns 14. He might just be trying to get his Madden achievements. I think the last one is Circle the Wagons where you have to come back from a 35-3 deficit like the Bills did. Maybe he'll do that one when we play the Packers.

That would basically require him taking 18 straight safeties.

I think I might have scared them away this weekend with certain comments.

Also, guys, I'm fucked. Apperently, not doing any math for 2 years really fuck with you. I feel fucking stupid.

Some rumblings that Hakeem Nicks is ready to return to the field this week against the Niners. That would be a damn good bit of news.

More good news is that both Christ Canty and Travis Beckum should be returning practice and activated off of the PUP list after this weekend. Canty is the really big news there. If he's healthy, he'll be a key cog in righting the Giants defensive line issues at the moment, IMO. Beckum will provide more depth at TE and hopefully continue developing like he was at the end of last season.

Spotted the Bucs 11, spotted the Browns 14.
How did Eli spot the Browns 14?

Carlos Rogers has played like trash recently so I don't doubt Eli will torch us!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Also, guys, I'm fucked. Apperently, not doing any math for 2 years really fuck with you. I feel fucking stupid.

Before I entered college I had to do an assessment for math. I didn't do math for only half a semester and when it came time to do the assessment I almost flunked it. It's ridiculous how much little crap you just forget.

Go to hell BEDMAS!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Some rumblings that Hakeem Nicks is ready to return to the field this week against the Niners. That would be a damn good bit of news.

More good news is that both Christ Canty and Travis Beckum should be returning practice and activated off of the PUP list after this weekend. Canty is the really big news there. If he's healthy, he'll be a key cog in righting the Giants defensive line issues at the moment, IMO. Beckum will provide more depth at TE and hopefully continue developing like he was at the end of last season.

How did Eli spot the browns 14?

It's a joke friend, run with it.

I can't wait for Canty to come back, I feel that his presence will be an immediate help.

Think of the possibilities of two TE sets with Nicks and Cruz on the outside. :drool

Any update on Andre Brown?

PIT @ TEN-"[Titans] aren't a good football team...not even close"-Chris Johnson, Master Thief

KC @ TB-Jolly Ranchers win, but only because the Chiefs are spiraling into oblivion
IND @ NYJ- Not even Tebow can save the Jets
CIN @ CLE- Browns stay in the Shame Circle
DET @ PHI- Mike Vick will lose the ball, but the Eagles will win the war
OAK @ ATL-FtF
STL @ MIA- Tannehill has been pretty decent so far this year, people have been sleeping on him.
DAL @ BAL- "Elite" vs Lolmo
------------
BUF @ ARI-Arizona's not great, but neither is Buffalo.
ESPN-esque analysis right there
NE @ SEA-This one could be a trap game for NE. But Kraft's already made sure the replacement refs are out of the way, so I doubt it.
NYG @ SF-Insert some FMT excuse regarding Kyle Williams here.
MIN @ WAS- Ponder's playing good ball, Griffin may or may not be still feeling the effects of getting bountied by the dirty Falcons knocked out of the game last week.
GB @ HOU-End the season now and go ahead and etch in Texans on the VLT.

DEN @ SD -
1. Lose 4 of first 6 games
2. Trade Peyton Manning for Tim Tebow
3. .......
4. Profit

KingGondo

Banned

I've been through trial by fire.

The former QB from my school got drafted by them, and my excitement was quickly crushed when I attended the first game and he proceeded to have one of the worst games by a QB in the last 10 years.

After this pathetic week 1 display, the team (and QB) has shown enough progress to get your hopes up, but only enough so that it's genuinely crushing when they inevitably lose.

I'll be swallowing sadness right here with you, Kave.

Before I entered college I had to do an assessment for math. I didn't do math for only half a semester and when it came time to do the assessment I almost flunked it. It's ridiculous how much little crap you just forget.

Go to hell BEDMAS!

The most basic stuff just dissapeard. This is what it must feel like to be a retired NFL player at age 35 after a million concussions.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I've been through trial by fire.

The former QB from my school got drafted by them, and my excitement was quickly crushed when I attended the first game and he proceeded to have one of the worst games by a QB in the last 10 years.

After this pathetic week 1 display, the team (and QB) has shown enough progress to get your hopes up, but only enough so that it's genuinely crushing when they inevitably lose.

I'll be swallowing sadness right here with you, Kave.
You went to school with Weeden? You should be managing your retirement funds rather than posting on GAF.

Draxal

That would basically require him taking 18 straight safeties.

It's possible if we put David Diehl gets healthy and gets his starting job back.

Is this the week Coughlin goes with Wilson? Is it still that fumble or does he not know all the protections?

I really doubt it, if there is any team I wouldn't want to play a fumble prone rookie who doesn't know the protections it's the 49ers.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
There are a few other important facts:

•FMT loves scat
•So does Larry, just as he loves Flacco
•Bionic loves Brady
•jakncoke loves the Seahawks
•Eznark loves nothing.

This is the only one I haven't been able to figure out.

Any background on the scat love of FMT? I've always been afraid to ask but hell not like this can ruin me now. #yolo

Milchjon

Try five years :-O

I don't even dare to ask our tutors because I don't know stuff from grade 7 or so. I'll have to catch up fast.

This is the only one I haven't been able to figure out.

Any background on the scat love of FMT? I've always been afraid to ask but hell not like this can ruin me now. #yolo

Oh, just read his post, he'll talk about it often enough.

squicken

German obsession with scat, I will never get it.

http://www.vanityfair.com/business/features/2011/09/europe-201109

One of my favorite Lewis anecdotes

Published in 1984 by a distinguished anthropologist named Alan Dundes, Life Is Like a Chicken Coop Ladder set out to describe the German character through the stories that ordinary Germans liked to tell one another. Dundes specialized in folklore, and in German folklore, as he put it, “one finds an inordinate number of texts concerned with anality. Scheisse (shit), Dreck (dirt), Mist (manure), Arsch (ass).… Folksongs, folktales, proverbs, riddles, folk speech—all attest to the Germans’ longstanding special interest in this area of human activity.”

He then proceeded to pile up a shockingly high stack of evidence to support his theory. There’s a popular German folk character called der Dukatenscheisser (“The Money Shitter”), who is commonly depicted crapping coins from his rear end. Europe’s only museum devoted exclusively to toilets was built in Munich. The German word for “shit” performs a vast number of bizarre linguistic duties—for instance, a common German term of endearment was once “my little shit bag.” The first thing Gutenberg sought to publish, after the Bible, was a laxative timetable he called a “Purgation-Calendar.” Then there are the astonishing number of anal German folk sayings: “As the fish lives in water, so does the shit stick to the asshole!,” to select but one of the seemingly endless examples.

Dundes caused a bit of a stir, for an anthropologist, by tracking this single low national character trait into the most important moments in German history. The fiercely scatological Martin Luther (“I am like ripe shit, and the world is a gigantic asshole,” Luther once explained) had the idea that launched the Protestant Reformation while sitting on the john. Mozart’s letters revealed a mind, as Dundes put it, whose “indulgence in fecal imagery may be virtually unmatched.” One of Hitler’s favorite words was Scheisskerl (“shithead”): he apparently used it to describe not only other people but himself as well. After the war, Hitler’s doctors told U.S. intelligence officers that their patient had devoted surprising energy to examining his own feces, and there was pretty strong evidence that one of his favorite things to do with women was to have them poop on him. Perhaps Hitler was so persuasive to Germans, Dundes suggested, because he shared their quintessential trait, a public abhorrence of filth that masked a private obsession. “The combination of clean and dirty: clean exterior-dirty interior, or clean form and dirty content—is very much a part of the German national character,” he wrote.

Talon

I'm surprised there are so many Falcon fans here, I don't see many regularly posting on Sunday (gameday).

Anyways, add me to Falcons please.
I don't bother posting during games at all. Moves too quickly.

I prefer bitching about Blalock and Owens privately with friends.

Wrayfield

It is an established fact that Germans are more likely to have an anal character (Freud's term, not mine) than other nationalities. It is even more obvious in their curse words. Where the majority of languages use sex, Germans tend to use fecal words. Read an interesting article about it a while back. Also, having translated my share of texts with swearing in it, I tend to agree.

As for the Hitler anecdote, never heard of it. Sounds like post-WWII propaganda but I wouldn't put it past a man so full of shit.

How did we start that conversation? Ah, FTM... :p

harSon

Banned
I think the Steelers might lose to the Titans. There's nothing we love more than making washed up scrub players look like temporary all-stars with our injured ass defenses. I fully expect Hasselback and Johnson to have stellar games.

Top Bottom