• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Nori Chan

Racist.

Canada has done nothing to harm you. Unless you went to Quebec...in which case I apologize.

Yes I am.

I'm sorry Kave but now I have to hate you...but its so hard when
image.php

but no srsly fuck canadia

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
It's like you can win any argument with Kave Man by pointing either at the Browns or his avatar.

Like his team, dude can't win.

verbum

I was reading about Karras. He was quite a guy.

Though Karras is not a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame, he made the Pro Bowl four times, and the Hall of Fame named him a member of the 1960s All-Decade team.

Karras was an iron man. He missed only one game due to injury in his 12 NFL seasons and his 161 games played are the 15th most in Lions history.

Karras stood 6-2 and played at about 250 pounds. That's linebacker size in today's football and was not considered big for a defensive tackle even in the 1960s. But he was powerful and quick with choppy steps to get him through traffic in the trenches.

"He didn't have the stature of Rosie Greer or Roger Brown," Lions Hall of Fame tight end Charlie Sanders said. "He was just a short, stocky kid that smoked a cigar."

Karras was often seen with a cigar, even bringing one into the locker room showers. Karras also didn't work out. He preferred cigars to sit-ups and beers to barbells.

"I was a little different than most guys at my position. I wasn't as big," he told the Des Moines Register in a 1977 interview. "The guys now don't play the lateral game I did. I'd run around the opposition, not through them. Linemen today weigh 290 and can lift houses. They play a different game, but they're damn good."

Wayne Walker and Karras were Lions rookies in 1958 and training camp roommates early in their careers. Walker got a special appreciation for all of Karras' talents.

"Alex was probably the most individual man/football player ever," Walker said. "He was just so original. There was no one like him before and there won't be anyone like him after. He had this Jackie Gleason-type body and, God, he could really play. He could really play. He threw offensive linemen around."...

After Karras' return to the NFL, before one game he displayed his usual dry wit in declining a referee's request to call the coin toss. "I'm sorry, sir, I'm not permitted to gamble," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2012/10/10/alex-karras-obituary-detroit-lions/1623419/

Novid

Banned
Starting With Power Rankings - Top 5:

1. Falcons
2. Tessmackers (Texans)
3. VikeBike
4. Niners
5. Bears

VikeBike at THREE? Yes. 4 and 1 and leading ther division. Im sorry - so sorry i put the Cards higher than a 6. That Thursday Game was DREADFUL. Eagles go down to 21st. The Pack is going down so fast - so damn fast I have them at the high 20's. Bears have the personell to go deep in the Playoffs, but the smug cat better keep his smuggness to himself. WTF Broncos.

The picks:

PIT @ TEN

KC @ TB
IND @ NYJ Tebow time...is near.
CIN @ CLE
DET @ PHI Kitties may do well against bears, but not against birds.
OAK @ ATL
STL @ MIA
DAL @ BAL
------------
BUF @ ARI
NE @ SEA This is a TRAP GAME. Seachickens could cover the spread and upset. Now thats one way to get 100,000 bucks from 1,000.
NYG @ SF The rematch of rematches. Will be the best game of the year so far.
MIN @ WAS RGIII isnt going to be here this week, Mild Conussions dont do what i heard. He needs 3 weeks off.
GB @ HOU WELCOME TO SUNDAY NIGHT, HOUSTON!

DEN @ SD

More later...

sorry, quick fantasy question:

who should i start in my flex postion?
alex green (gb rb)
robert meachem
brandon gibson

don't know if meachem can repeat performance, green going up against texans d, and gibson might see more targets with amendola out but rams offense :(

Wes

venison crêpe
Along with my NFL Wembley tickets came a merchandise booklet offering every team's jersey.

Except the Browns.

Milabrega

I've got the 1st pick on waivers(only resets in my league when used), is Vick Ballard or Alex Green the better guy to target in waivers for Fantasy this week?

bionic77

Canadians are way too nice and happy, at least the ones I have met. It makes me suspicious.

Also, the BBC show Sherlock is amazing. The episodes are like 90 minutes each and they are all on netflix. Too long to watch at lunch but I space them out over a few days.

LJ11

Canadians are way too nice and happy, at least the ones I have met. It makes me suspicious.

Also, the BBC show Sherlock is amazing. The episodes are like 90 minutes each and they are all on netflix. Too long to watch at lunch but I space them out over a few days.

I started watching it last week, I think it's pretty good, but more importantly the show puts me to sleep. Always have trouble sleeping at night, but Sherlock may be the cure. I'm splitting the episodes in half so they last longer. Need the rest!

Milchjon

This must be the first time I ever witness you being right about something. Mind blown.

Talon

Cam's going to be running for his life for the rest of the season with a backup making line calls.

Also:
In a previous memo, Goodell wrote that the Saints had a bounty on Carolina quarterback Cam Newton last season. In a section of this letter, Goodell details how the Saints rewarded defensive players for injuring opponents.

He referred to a 2010 game in which the New Orleans defense was commended for three “cart-offs’’ and one player placed on injured reserve.

“In that game,’’ Goodell wrote. “Three Carolina players were seriously injured: running backs Jonathan Stewart and Tyrell Sutton, who were literally carted off the field with a head/neck and ankle injury, respectively, and quarterback Matt Moore, who was later placed on injured reserve, unable to return for the remainder of the season, with a torn labrum. These all satisfied (defensive coordinator Gregg) Williams’ definition of cart-offs: ‘big hits that resulted in an opposing player leaving the game due to the hit."
WHERE'S THE EVIDENCE

bionic77

This must be the first time I ever witness you being right about something. Mind blown.
Did you miss my posts about the Pats never being the same after Ben came into the league or being pure evil?

I was one year off on my prediction of the Pats downfall but I was 100% right about them being shiteating evil mofos*. I was also right about Eli beating them in the perfect season.

* With the coach being an actual motherfucker, usually involving women in successful relationships with a few happy kids to boot.

I too, have taken on Sherlock. I like it, but it's cheezy at points. Particularly
Moriarty. He's so over the top, which can be fun, but it's not really with the rest of the tone of the show.
Luther was better though.

My problem is that the subtitles aren't working for season two on my PS Netflix, and I like to watch fast talking British shows with the subtitles.

Not sure I like the Falcons rated so highly.
We're undefeated but I would pick us to lose against a bunch of teams.
We don't really punch anyone in the mouth like you would expect a #1 team to do (other than KC and San Diego, which are really our only solid wins.)

I think we are getting out to a fast start but will end up 12-4, maybe 11-5.

Eagles always seem to have our number no matter what.
Probably lose to the Giants.
Refs will gift NO a game.
Can see us losing to Carolina as well.

Milchjon

I too, have taken on Sherlock. I like it, but it's cheezy at points. Particularly
Moriarty. He's so over the top, which can be fun, but it's not really with the rest of the tone of the show.
Luther was better though.

My problem is that the subtitles aren't working for season two on my PS Netflix, and I like to watch fast talking British shows with the subtitles.

Haha, really?

I always laugh when German TV stations use subtitles for Swiss German.

LJ11

Mark Anderson out indefinitely.

Hope the Cards don't fuck up this weekend, slightly below average blocking is all they need.

Crisco

Banned
This is why you don't pay a fucking center big money. Hell, this why you don't pay anyone but a QB and a pass rusher big money. God, I'm hoping this is the final nail in Hurney's coffin.

“By no means is it a statement to what we thought of Trindon,” Texans coach Gary Kubiak said.

Kubiak talked about how this was purely a numbers game and the Texans could no longer afford to keep six receivers
Ummm, sure it is. :jnc

Top Bottom