• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Texans will sack Fraudgers 10 times.

This is the only reason I think the Packers will struggle, because GB's offense has struggled against physical defenses (or in Indy's case, poor). Squaring off against the top defense in the AFC at home is going to be tough.

For Houston fans, you better hope the offense starts playing better, because I wasn't impressed watching Monday's game. However, The Jets were in desperation mode, and were throwing everything (bar Tebow at QB) at them defensively and offensively. Still, it is a cause for concern, and how they handle a home game against GB will be more telling than Monday's game IMO.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ben Roethlisberger just threw a TD pass, according to the official NFL score keepers. I wonder how many fantasy games just got fucked up.

There's a chance if prime Kelly, Smith, Bennett, Talley, Hansen, Ted Washington, Pat Williams are all inserted into the lineup.

Breakdown, of the Bills follies against the 49ers.

Simple 4 verticals

Steve wide open, but Fitz fizzles once again.

Zero respect for the deep game. The attempt did get the Niners to back off a bit, opened some underneath throws. But after the wheel to Spiller failed, they squatted on everything. Back was wide open on that Kyle Williams shoulder throw, wasn't much of a throw if you ask me.

Edit: Aaron Williams is so fucking bad, anything in his area is a completion, don't even have to make the right read. Who the fuck watched this dude play and thought it was a good idea to draft him? Can't stress enough how shit I felt he was, along with that entire Texas secondary. My god, a layman can do a better job evaluating some of these selections. Move him to safety for my sanity.

Ouch. Haven't seen a Bills game yet but you had shown some flashes last season that had me believe you would be pretty decent this year. Is Fitzpa regressing? or just not as capable as believed? I'll be watching in person this weekend.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
So, I was without internet and cell service Fri-today. What the holy fuck is going on up there in Buffalo?

Besides the usual, I mean

We also held the Redskins to 10 pts. They were one of the higher scoring offenses in the league weren't they?

I think so. They are seventh in the league with about 406 yards per game on offense. We held them to 316. I'm very happy that we've won all 3 of our road games so far, all outdoors.

EDIT: Just skimming through some stats of previous games. It was the Redskins lowest yardage total and the first time they were held under 20 points.

Also, speaking of Houston, I think Ruud was a good signing on their part to step in for Cushing. Definitely better than than him being on the Saints team, might actually have an impact for the Texans.

bionic77

Ben Roethlisberger just threw a TD pass, according to the official NFL score keepers. I wonder how many fantasy games just got fucked up.
Well it also gives him another completion and like 15 more passing yards.

More important than what it will do to some 40 year old fantasy nerds (who are still probably virgins living with their mom) FF game is what it will do to his QBR?

Who gives a fuck what my eyes and brain tell me about how someone is playing, now we have QBR so those things are worthless!

Ouch. Haven't seen a Bills game yet but you had shown some flashes last season that had me believe you would be pretty decent this year. Is Fitzpa regressing? or just not as capable as believed? I'll be watching in person this weekend.

Don't get too excited. You don't have the offense or defense to beat the bills as we did. It will be a close game

jmdajr

Troy Aikman on Dallas fans...
I've always said Dallas isn't so much a sports town as it is a winner's town," Aikman told KTCK-AM, via The Dallas Morning News. "And that's not that unique. Most towns are like that. There are very few towns like Chicago where you can go out there and go 4-12 and they're (still) selling out stadiums. That's pretty unique. But Dallas, they pull for their winners."

Aikman wasn't finished.

"I don't think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage," he said. "... I think for a large part -- and the fans don't want to hear this -- a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they're there because it's kind of just a place to be seen," he said. "I didn't know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody's wearing Rangers hats and saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm a big Rangers fan.' "

heh. But to be fair Houston doesn't support losers either. Rockets/Astros attendance at all time low.

Texans different. 10 sold out seasons in a row. But this town was without NFL for five years. Future will tell if fans ever jump off the bus. But..so far so good.

MIN @ WAS RGIII isnt going to be here this week, Mild Conussions dont do what i heard. He needs 3 weeks off.

Whoa, wait a second!
Did RGIII not pass the concussion test? All I've heard all week is "he was just shaken up and should play Sunday".

Shanahan will physically remove the concussion from Mr. The Third's brain.

shanahan_mug.jpg

heh. But to be fair Houston doesn't support losers either. Rockets/Astros attendance at all time low.

Texans different. 10 sold out seasons in a row. But this town was without NFL for five years. Future will tell if fans ever jump off the bus. But..so far so good.
Aikman's a pretty good guy, in my book.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

There's always a good team in Texas somewhere which I guess causes part of this.

Also, Dallas specifically is very much a "keeping up with the Jones'" city so it sorta makes sense with the way they approach sports.

HOWEVER..

It still doesn't explain why the Cowboys are still so popular after being virtually non-existent for over a decade.

exarkun

The line for the Texans/Packers game is set at -3.5 in favor of the Texans.

Iono mayne...I would probably take the points for the Packers.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...57/is-this-real-the-packers-faltering-offense

I would not. For the exact reasons I said at the beginning of the season the pack is not doing well. Lower amount of takeaways despite still being a pretty decent defense, running the ball more but they do it out of the desperate need not to be one dimensional rather than because they have any semblance of a run game, and their o-line is swiss cheese.

The article in the Chronicle made it seem the team was emotional during half-time about Cushing's injury and just wanted to get the game over. Which would explain the limp-dick attempts Kubiak put out on the field for the offense. Or it could just be good ol' Kubes.

jmdajr

Facebook activity has been low on Dallas Cowboy activity, although they can't handle Texan success. Not sure why. It has has to be a fluke to them..

And I get to see stuff like this..so that's cool.

romolol_zps82379867.jpg

And the animosity is mostly just Cowboys. Astros/Rangers and Mavericks/Rockets isn't a problem.

jmdajr

There's always a good team in Texas somewhere which I guess causes part of this.

Also, Dallas specifically is very much a "keeping up with the Jones'" city so it sorta makes sense with the way they approach sports.

HOWEVER..

It still doesn't explain why the Cowboys are still so popular after being virtually non-existent for over a decade.

People is the South love 'LOS COWBOYS'

Talon

Dallas and Atlanta are really similar in my mind. Neither city has that much of an identity, and they just happen to epicenters of commerce in the South.

I asked a reporter there what defined Dallas, and the three things were: JFK's shooting, money, and the Cowboys.

Most people that "live" in both cities own residences in the suburbs. Both cities have large swaths of expensive shopping and condos on the north side (Buckhead for Atlanta). You really need a car to get around in either city and so forth. There's a real deprecation of public works in both cities (see: despite the confluence of parks, people don't really spend time in them; all the museums are privately-funded).

I may have just spent the weekend in Dallas.

HOWEVER..

Cowboys are the fairweather fan's goto franchise.

And by fairweather, I mean they guy who says he like football, and when you ask him who his team is he picks the Cowboys but can't name anyone other than Romo.

Talon

This is so embarrassingly bad. I cringe every time that I read it but I can't not read it when I see it!
The grammatical errors are all I see. It drives me insane.

Notwithstanding the utter nonsense that is the second half. It's like a 7th grader trying his hand at poetry.

jmdajr

I guess the game maps are up.

Get to see some Ravens/Cowboys before heading to Reliant for some Tailgating.
Or some Jets/Colts. That could be fun too.

los maps

Don't get too excited. You don't have the offense or defense to beat the bills as we did. It will be a close game

Yawn. You say that no matter who we play. Our defense will create a similar scene to what went down in SF. Offense will be just fine too if we (broken record syndrome) go back to what we did the first three weeks. We have 10 days going into this game to rest, watch film, and figure out how to correct the wrongs last week so hopefully that won't be an issue. Either way, I completely expect a win and you only say otherwise because you're a Niner fan.

DMczaf

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/nfl-mulling-endorsement-of-costner-football-film.html

Exclusive: NFL Considering Stamp of Approval, Money for Kevin Costner Football Film

After years of giving Tinseltown the stiff arm, the NFL appears to be suddenly ready for a huddle. Sources tell Vulture that the league is on the verge of giving its usually difficult-to-obtain imprimatur to Paramount Pictures’ Kevin Costner drama Draft Day. Furthermore, it has also been mulling the unusual step of taking a financial stake in the $20 million seriocomic film.

In Draft Day, which would be directed by Ivan Reitman, Costner would play a fictional general manager of the Buffalo Bills, perennially outgunned (and outspent) by downstate metropolitan behemoths like the New York Giants and Jets. Set over the course of a single day, it follows the GM as he parlays the first NFL draft pick (granted to the previous season's worst team) into a series of trades that burnishes the team’s lackluster roster. Along the way, he must deal with his own family baggage as well as some surprising personal and romantic developments.

"Along the way, he must deal with his own family baggage as well as some surprising personal and romantic developments." hahahahaha

jmdajr

Make it I'll watch it. Don't seem to be to many Football movies with NFL license. Shit the last one I saw was probably fucking Ace Ventura.
I know there is more I am forgetting. Not sure if Blindside counts.

Yawn. You say that no matter who we play. Our defense will create a similar scene to what went down in SF. Offense will be just fine too if we (broken record syndrome) go back to what we did the first three weeks. We have 10 days going into this game to rest, watch film, and figure out how to correct the wrongs last week so hopefully that won't be an issue. Either way, I completely expect a win and you only say otherwise because you're a Niner fan.

I feel bad for Fitz being stuck on that offense. I also feel bad for my fantasy team as well with him on it.

Top Bottom