• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Smokey

Can the Jets pick him up?

Is he any good as a WR?

He's 5'6

his one job here was to return punts and kicks although im sure rex would find some other "creative" way to use him. Maybe launch off of Tebows back and over a pile at the goal line or something.

Nope. We were strictly using him as a returner. In retrospect Jacoby Jones was tons better.
That's kinda sad.

Blocking wasn't doing Holliday any favors either.

Talon

This is why you don't pay a fucking center big money. Hell, this why you don't pay anyone but a QB and a pass rusher big money. God, I'm hoping this is the final nail in Hurney's coffin.
While I agree $8 million/year to a Center is pretty hilarious, you can't really account for injuries. Center's not particularly more prone to injury than any other trench position.

Fox318

He's 5'6

his one job here was to return punts and kicks although im sure rex would find some other "creative" way to use him. Maybe launch off of Tebows back and over a pile at the goal line or something.

5'6"?

I'll pick him up an play some basketball with him.

He won't be able to dominate my 5'10" height advantage.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Asomcake.

steelers22_medium.gif

Crisco

Banned
While I agree $8 million/year to a Center is pretty hilarious, you can't really account for injuries. Center's not particularly more prone to injury than any other trench position.

Agreed, but it just underscores the Panther's overarching problem. Lack of depth due to overpaying non-essential positions.

Talon

Agreed, but it just underscores the Panther's overarching problem. Lack of depth due to overpaying non-essential positions.
I for one appreciate the Panthers' inability to sign anyone of worth at DT since the departure of Kris Jenkins.

I remember that play.

Heath must be so happy that we have Haley as OC. Arians should go to jail for how he used him. He was basically just an extra lineman.

I remember it too. I think I even commented on it when it happened. "Asomcake" is hilarious though. We'll have to use that... He got :asomcake'd.

We probably have too many of those already. I'm losing track.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I remember it too. I think I even commented on it when it happened. "Asomcake" is hilarious though. We'll have to use that... He got :asomcake'd.

We probably have too many of those already. I'm losing track.

We already have :joshneedscakes Too many cakes. Let's go with :asomburnt

tmdorsey

Not sure I like the Falcons rated so highly.
We're undefeated but I would pick us to lose against a bunch of teams.
We don't really punch anyone in the mouth like you would expect a #1 team to do (other than KC and San Diego, which are really our only solid wins.)

I think we are getting out to a fast start but will end up 12-4, maybe 11-5.

Eagles always seem to have our number no matter what.
Probably lose to the Giants.
Refs will gift NO a game.
Can see us losing to Carolina as well.

We are still improving!

Not sure I like the Falcons rated so highly.
We're undefeated but I would pick us to lose against a bunch of teams.
We don't really punch anyone in the mouth like you would expect a #1 team to do (other than KC and San Diego, which are really our only solid wins.)

I think we are getting out to a fast start but will end up 12-4, maybe 11-5.

Eagles always seem to have our number no matter what.
Probably lose to the Giants.
Refs will gift NO a game.
Can see us losing to Carolina as well.

Granted they made a game of it, at the end, but I would call picking off Manning 3 times in the opening 8 minutes of the game, punching a team in the mouth.

Smokey

The line for the Texans/Packers game is set at -3.5 in favor of the Texans.

Iono mayne...I would probably take the points for the Packers.

tmdorsey

Granted they made a game of it, at the end, but I would call picking off Manning 3 times in the opening 8 minutes of the game, punching a team in the mouth.

We also held the Redskins to 10 pts. They were one of the higher scoring offenses in the league weren't they?

Fox318

It's like Rex's "Plaxico is an excellent football player" speech. What, the Jets aren't in the business of signing excellent football players? Oh right, I guess they aren't.

You want an old loudmouth wr who can't play between the 20s?

I'd rather have youth and the Jets prepare for the super bowl next season.

LJ11

No worries, we got this. Think there's a chance Bills right the ship this season? Or pining for a early pick already?

There's a chance if prime Kelly, Smith, Bennett, Talley, Hansen, Ted Washington, Pat Williams are all inserted into the lineup.

Breakdown, of the Bills follies against the 49ers.

Simple 4 verticals

Steve wide open, but Fitz fizzles once again.

Zero respect for the deep game. The attempt did get the Niners to back off a bit, opened some underneath throws. But after the wheel to Spiller failed, they squatted on everything. Back was wide open on that Kyle Williams shoulder throw, wasn't much of a throw if you ask me.

Edit: Aaron Williams is so fucking bad, anything in his area is a completion, don't even have to make the right read. Who the fuck watched this dude play and thought it was a good idea to draft him? Can't stress enough how shit I felt he was, along with that entire Texas secondary. My god, a layman can do a better job evaluating some of these selections. Move him to safety for my sanity.

JABEE

The Eagles defense didn't play that bad. The offense has been playing like garbage lately. They need to stop turning the ball over and the special teams has been bad too.

Top Bottom