• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

bionic77

The Pats cant lose to the Seahawks right?

Right?
Depends on Wilson. If he can score 24 or more points I think they win.

If he shits the bed and scores 11 points then it is hard to see them beating the Pats.

I am leaning towards the Hawks though (not taking my bias into consideration). Pats feel like they might be due for another upset. Honestly I don't have confidence in any team this year.

Yawn. You say that no matter who we play. Our defense will create a similar scene to what went down in SF. Offense will be just fine too if we (broken record syndrome) go back to what we did the first three weeks. We have 10 days going into this game to rest, watch film, and figure out how to correct the wrongs last week so hopefully that won't be an issue. Either way, I completely expect a win and you only say otherwise because you're a Niner fan.

You won't have 600 yards of offense and you won't hold the bills under 200 yards. You say get back to the first 3 weeks as if your offense was tearin it up but had a setback last week. Lol, your offense is one of the worst in the league

Granted they made a game of it, at the end, but I would call picking off Manning 3 times in the opening 8 minutes of the game, punching a team in the mouth.

It's because we picked him off 3 times that that game should have been a blow out.
Instead we were fighting to survive and barely escaped from the Broncos in our own house.

Milchjon

http://www.vulture.com/2012/10/nfl-mulling-endorsement-of-costner-football-film.html

Exclusive: NFL Considering Stamp of Approval, Money for Kevin Costner Football Film

"Along the way, he must deal with his own family baggage as well as some surprising personal and romantic developments." hahahahaha

Yeah, just kick them a bit while they're down. :jnc

And I'd totally love to see a NFL-approved film with lots of great in-game visuals along the lines of those Nike ads by Fincher, but that sounds nothing like it. What a waste.

exarkun

You won't have 600 yards of offense and you won't hold the bills under 200 yards. You say get back to the first 3 weeks as if your offense was tearin it up but had a setback last week. Lol, your offense is one of the worst in the league

FMT...the bills are awful. Like their defense is really awful and Fitzy can't pass beyond 15 yds. What ya guys did was impressive, but I wouldn't realllly brag about beating the bills.

FMT...the bills are awful. Like their defense is really awful and Fitzy can't pass beyond 15 yds. What ya guys did was impressive, but I wouldn't realllly brag about beating the bills.

Putting 45 on any professional team in a half of football is worthy of bragging. Beating the Bills, not so much. It's still one of my fondest moments of the season so far - CBS's shots of the crowd when they were up 21-7, only to see them making the "we're getting fucked" face mere minutes later.

speaking of bills, my cousin who is a bills fan is betting me that they'll have a better record than the Steelers :me

Bet him something incredibly valuable. Rarely will you ever see a bet more in your favor than that.

Smokey

Troy Aikman on Dallas fans...

heh. But to be fair Houston doesn't support losers either. Rockets/Astros attendance at all time low.

Texans different. 10 sold out seasons in a row. But this town was without NFL for five years. Future will tell if fans ever jump off the bus. But..so far so good.

truth spitter right here

jmdajr

truth spitter right here

It will be loud as fuck Sunday though. Might suffer permanent hearing loss.
Worked against the Falcons.
20120107_TexansGameNoise_proc1-447x600.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Dallas and Atlanta are really similar in my mind. Neither city has that much of an identity, and they just happen to epicenters of commerce in the South.

I asked a reporter there what defined Dallas, and the three things were: JFK's shooting, money, and the Cowboys.

Most people that "live" in both cities own residences in the suburbs. Both cities have large swaths of expensive shopping and condos on the north side (Buckhead for Atlanta). You really need a car to get around in either city and so forth. There's a real deprecation of public works in both cities (see: despite the confluence of parks, people don't really spend time in them; all the museums are privately-funded).

I may have just spent the weekend in Dallas.

The history museum in Dallas is almost as horrible as Fair Park which is almost as horrible as the ghetto surrounding it.

Weekend entertainment for me consists of going to the Grapvine Mills mall or eating.

Dallas.

I really need to get out to the Fort Worth zoo sometime though.

I remember seeing that movie Invinceable. They spent 90% of the movie with him making the team and the last couple minutes were him forcing a fumble and scoring a touchdown.

Just because it worked in Rudy doesn't mean it will work for every sport film. I liked the movie but that pissed me off. I was like, "wtf it's over?".

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I remember seeing that movie Invinceable. They spent 90% of the movie with him making the team and the last couple minutes were him forcing a fumble and scoring a touchdown.

Just because it worked in Rudy doesn't mean it will work for every sport film. I liked the movie but that pissed me off. I was like, "wtf it's over?".

Well to be fair Rudy ruined every sports movie to ever come because it can't be topped.

Gigglepoo

hmm see this is why we need the chart. Could have sworn you were a Phil Rivers man

Nah, just trying to put Drew Brees' accomplishments in perspective. He's a good quarterback in a great system, nothing more. He's a non-douche version of Rivers with a superior head coach.

Not bragging about beating the bills but using it as an example of how much better the niners are than the cards

TheJollyCorner said:
Did RGIII not pass the concussion test?
RGIII was cleared to practice today from what I saw on my twitter feed from reliable sources. Anyone saying he's out this week is being very premature.

The Elias Sports Bureau has sacked Texans defensive end J.J. Watt.

Elias, the company that keeps official statistics for the NFL, informed the Texans today that it has taken away a sack that was credited to Watt in the opening 30-10 victory over Miami.

Watt, a Wisconsin native, now has 7 ½ sacks. Green Bay outside linebacker Clay Matthews leads the NFL with eight. Watt and Matthews will be on opposite sidelines Sunday night when the Texans play the Packers at Reliant Stadium.

Elias ruled that when Watt sacked quarterback Ryan Tannehill, it was actually a designed running play. Therefore, the sack was subtracted from Watt’s total.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/10/j-j-watt-has-sack-taken-away-from-him/

BULLSHIT

I didn't say we would get 600 yards nor that we were "tearing it up". Our offense was efficient in not turning the ball over and scoring when we needed to. With our defense, that's all that's needed to win games. You should know this philosophy well as it was how the Niners of yesteryear won. Your offense then was even worse than what we have now, at least we don't settle for all field goals every game. Our offense also managed to outscore NE and Philly who was #1 going into our game. There's more to football than just putting up big yardage numbers. Yes, it was a setback last week. Our OC for some stupid ass reason went away from what made Kolb successful and had him doing 7 steps when he should do 3. Hopefully they learned from that and were reminded how patched up our OL is this year. Talk about our offense being weak all you want, we have the same record, one of the best in the league, and we've beaten quality teams.

I didn't say we would get 600 yards nor that we were "tearing it up". Our offense was efficient in not turning the ball over and scoring when we needed to. With our defense, that's all that's needed to win games. You should know this philosophy well as it was how the Niners of yesteryear won. Your offense then was even worse than what we have now, at least we don't settle for all field goals every game. Our offense also managed to outscore NE and Philly who was #1 going into our game. There's more to football than just putting up big yardage numbers. Yes, it was a setback last week. Our OC for some stupid ass reason went away from what made Kolb successful and had him doing 7 steps when he should do 3. Hopefully they learned from that and were reminded how patched up our OL is this year. Talk about our offense being weak all you want, we have the same record, one of the best in the league, and we've beaten quality teams.

I bet you would've loved to get a few more fgs against the rams!

Talon

:jnc that pass to Hartsock (why the fuck was he in on a passing play) looks worse and worse. He's drifting away and shuffling his feet, but he has got to get better velocity on that ball based on just his arm.

Better question, why don't you just call a dive with your 6'5" 250 lb QB?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Late to the news...

Holliday cut, well done Kubes :D

Watt had a sack taken away from him... that's racist >_<

Top Bottom