• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

cdyhybrid

Go Hawks

1. we played GB in green bay, not in san fran
2. packers offense had 2 scores against us. they had like 4 scores against you.

not like it matters. seachickens are a last place team and nothing more. you can fight with the other losers for the wild card scraps in the NFC west. niners gots this division on lockdown bruh

Good thing the Vikings are in a different division.

Go Hawks

Good thing the Vikings are in a different division.

great teams will have a let down once in a while but bounce back. the seahawks have let downs over and over and over again. you were let down by cheatin' pete. then you were let down after you got fleeced by sorry ass matt flynn. then you were let down after russell wilson beat out flynn and you're just now realizing he is probably the worst starting QB in the league.

but don't worry, give cheatin' pete 6 or 7 more years and he might get it right! it worked for alex smith, it can work for YOU!

Talon

I think the success of the Stephen Davis/Deshaun Foster combo at RB was when I finally decided that tailbacks can be found anywhere.

Of course, that didn't stop Marty Hurney from spending high draft picks and throwing big contracts at tailbacks.

Talon

Jake Delhomme was good at one thing: chucking the ball at Steve Smith 15 times a game.

If Steve Smith was injured, then chucking the ball at Muhsin Muhammad 15 times a game.

Nameless

but don't worry, give cheatin' pete 6 or 7 more years and he might get it right! it worked for alex smith, it can work for YOU!

If you're a Seahawks fans you have an adolescent QB, a team less decorated than the city's WNBA franchise and a head coach who's never truly pleasured a woman. The audacity to talk shit to anyone about anything, much less breathe a word of that Packers game...

DeaconKnowledge said:
One thing I can't stand about Tarantino movies. There's always at least one scene in which the characters go on about trivial things for like 20 minutes too long.
You must have hated Death Proof.:jnc The movie is quite literally nothing but a string of those scenes in between fantastic car mayhem.

I'm with Sanjuro on this one - definitely the best scenes. Love his dialogue and can watch it without ever getting bored.

Jackie Brown is still his best movie, IMO.

Fantomex

You must have hated Death Proof.:jnc The movie is quite literally nothing but a string of those scenes in between fantastic car mayhem.

I'm with Sanjuro on this one - definitely the best scenes. Love his dialogue and can watch it without ever getting bored.

71e62979-7599-4651-a200-fccfb1e6e0d2.jpg

nay. not even the IMO at the end can save that sentence from being incorrect

Everyone is going to say Pulp is his best, Jackie is his best piece of filmmaking.

Inglorious is a nice balance between the two.

I'm quite partial to Kill Bill.

DMczaf

Sin City is one of the worst movies to happen in the last decade. Not because I didn't like it, but because it gave us Grindhouse and Frank Miller's directing career. I'm so sick of Robert Rodriguez's "Isn't it cool that I can make these movies for $5000!?" act. Predators looked like it was made in my backyard.

Fantomex

Sin City is one of the worst movies to happen in the last decade. Not because I didn't like it, but because it gave us Grindhouse and Frank Miller's directing career. I'm so sick of Robert Rodriguez's "Isn't it cool that I can make these movies for $5000!?" act. Predators looked like it was made in my backyard.

He didn't make Predators though. Nimrod Antall did.

predators was the biggest movie disappointment since terminator savlation. and then prometheus was the biggest movie disappointment since predators. what will be next!?

Narag

predators was the biggest movie disappointment since terminator savlation. and then prometheus was the biggest movie disappointment since predators. what will be next!?

Man, I heard bad things but I didn't want to believe. Salvation had that godly trailer, I thought I'd finally get my future Terminator movie I'd always wanted, then I got punched in the balls by a shitty movie. :(

Sanjuro

Robocop 2 disagrees wit..

Robocop 3 disagrees...

The Spirit disag...

The GODDAM BATMAN DISAGREES WITH YOU.

i dont understand how such a good universe as the terminator, with its endless possibilities, has been turned into such dog shit after terminator 2. there were a few years there where i tried to convince myself that terminator 3 was ok and not god awful. but in my heart i know it sucked dick and i couldn't even fool myself for a short time with terminator salvation

Sanjuro

He only wrote those two Robocops, right? I died a little the day I realized that.

The filmmakers tried to keep him as far away as possible from any of the day to day functions.

i dont understand how such a good universe as the terminator, with its endless possibilities, has been turned into such dog shit after terminator 2. there were a few years there where i tried to convince myself that terminator 3 was ok and not god awful. but in my heart i know it sucked dick and i couldn't even fool myself for a short time with terminator salvation

Terminator 3 was the worst.

Let's see what Robert Rodriguez is hacking his way through next.

Machete Kills.

Yup, that sounds about right.

that's another movie that i lied to myself about. i saw machete in theaters and afterwards said well.... that was pretty good i guess

but then i rented it on blu ray and watched it again and i said to myself wait wtf this movie kind of sucks

DMczaf

that's another movie that i lied to myself about. i saw machete in theaters and afterwards said well.... that was pretty good i guess

but then i rented it on blu ray and watched it again and i said to myself wait wtf this movie kind of sucks

Remember when you talked yourself into Erickson.

If the Texans dont beat the Pats on Dec. 10th then I will still think the Pats suck.
But Ill always have a soft spot in my heart for you and Dutch! <3

It will be a battle.

Please don't let JJ kill Tom we don't have a center and our RG isn't very good either so he will probably get plenty of shots :(

cajunator

Banned
Brees kind of catapulted himself to their level this off-season.

disagreed. He has said some douchey things, but he's not an actual douchebag. Brees is actually a pretty classy guy overall. I wish he would stop trying to white knight his teammates though, but I kind of understand why he does it. He means the world to them.

Cant wait for Watt to sack Rodgers for his 4th time with tears in his eyes : "Im sorry based Lombardi!'

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8487929/ben-roethlisberger-awarded-touchdown-pass-stats-change

Now youve done pissed JJ off!
hulk_smash_loki.gif

Lol. I loved that part. Just bought the bluray today actually. Cant wait to watch it again.

Outside of the final result and the fact that it was rigged, that Super Bowl really was a fantastic game. So many big time plays and huge momentum shifts.

Shame Kraft, Belichick, Justin Timberlake, and Tagliabue conspired to give the Pats the game.

Jake wasn't even that bad (pre-TJ surgery). He led us to two NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl in a period of three years and made the Pro Bowl in that span too. Unfortunately his career really ended with that freak injury that led to the Tommy John surgery in 2007 (in the middle of arguably the best season of his career too). When we went to a more slightly more conservative offense in the Davidson era where less was expected of the QB, you could still tell that Jake's effectiveness had been reduced. Even in 2008, where we went 12-4 and got a bye in the playoffs, Jake had a couple of disastrous games in the regular season (the home game against Detroit and the game at Oakland stick out) and the Cardinals playoff game is...infamously terrible.

I feel bad for Jake because he's a good guy who gave his heart out for the Panthers and got a raw deal with the TJ surgery. But in this league, where there's a million back-up QBs just waiting in the wings, if you can't produce, you're going to get replaced with someone who can. And for the Panthers that somehow ended up being Matt Moore and Jimmy Clausen :(

Im not saying Jake was bad. He was very good. I meant he was a Panther and I find that shitty, cause you know, divisional rivalry and all. But yeah Jake is still the man around here because he's a local guy and went to the University of Louisiana Lafayette (then USL). I pass in front of his old highschool all the time and Breaux Bridge is ten minutes down the road. Still see Panthers signs around here in Lafayette because of him, although this is very much a Saints town. Similarly everybody loves Devery Henderson on the Saints because he was born here and grew up in Opelousas which is about a 20 minutes drive up I49. This state isnt good at much, but it does produce some pretty talented NFL players.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i saw machete in theaters and afterwards said well.... that was pretty good i guess
...I don't even know how you lie to yourself enough to believe that. Even taken as a parody, it's still shit.

Oh and fuck you Jackie Brown haters- it's easily Quentin's most rewatchable movie with some of the best performances he's committed to film.

Top Bottom