• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Does Vince Young ever get another shot?

Dawg, not being able to back up Ryan Fitzpatrick and having Tyler Thigpen beat you out for a backup job signifies the end of your career. If you can't even make the depth chart with those two asshats, it's time to give up.

Dragon

Banned
Dawg, not being able to back up Ryan Fitzpatrick and having Tyler Thigpen beat you out for a backup job signifies the end of your career. If you can't even make the depth chart with those two asshats, it's time to give up.

There's also the whole thing that he was never good in the pros. And the just wins argument is now being held by Russell Wilson.

I still dont get why he was the way he was last year. Reid gets a ton of credit for being good with QBs, and lots of guys have left the Eagles and gotten shots elsewhere. If Vince had just shown up and tried his best I bet the Eagles would have brought him back this year and then he could have gone somewhere and competed for a job.

: jnc

I truly wonder what Brady would look like in a different system. It would be like asking what would Dragon post if he wasn't trying to be Eznark. The result would likely be shit.

He would be retired already. And, can you imagine what the Cards would have given up for Kolb if he had played with a video cam and against the AFC East?

Quikies83

Mmmmm

brady-quinn-rain-480x415.jpg

Giants practice report:

WR Hakeem Nicks - Practicing - Foot/Knee. No word on if he's limited (likely) but the fact that he's practicing bodes well. Whether he plays or not depends on how his knee responds tomorrow.
DT Rocky Bernard - Not practicing - Hip injury. Bad news.:(
S Kenny Phillips - Not practicing - Knee. Doing individual drills though which is a good sign. He'll likely miss another week or two though.
RB Andre Brown - Not practicing - Concussion. Not playing this week.
TE Martellus Bennett - Not practicing - Hyper extended knee. Doing drills and supposedly moving well. No word if he plays or not. If he can't push off that knee, it's not likely since he'll be doing a ton of blocking if he's playing. If not, he'll be snap limited as a receiver only.
CB Corey Webster - Practicing - Hamstring.

Vyer

Last time I started him he gave me 4 points. The week before he posted 25 and the week after 19. My QB situation is so dire. Oh why oh did I think this was the year Fitzpatrick was going to be come a really good QB?

Now I have to rotate these two guys. Ponder it is this week.

Might you be interested in one Elisha Nelson Manning

bionic77

I am traveling and can't respond the way I want to but I agree with the posters who said Tammy is a fraudulent system qb that would fail in any other system or with any other team.

Dude can't even win without Vinatieri...

Dragon

Banned
I am traveling and can't respond the way I want to but I agree with the posters who said Tammy is a fraudulent system qb that would fail in any other system or with any other team.

Dude can't even win without Vinatieri...

Don't text and drive bionic!

Also u r wrong.

308 - 116.

Slo

Ponder just isnt geared for those deep passes.

We're winning because of a strong run game and short passes to Percy. It all comes down to if he decides that he wants to force the ball to Rudolph in the endzone.

The way we're using Ponder reminds me a bit of an AD-adapted version of the college spread option. Ponder doesn't have to read defenses, he just has to be accurate and hit the intended target. Everything is either play action and a quick hit, or a quick WR screen to Percy, a slant pattern, a TE curl, or some other gimmick play that takes less than 3 seconds. If it isn't there, you go Fran Tarkenton and hope something good happens.

Dragon

Banned
0-2 without Adam V. In Super Bowls. Stats proving him right.

If people want to have a serious discussion let me know, but I was aware that every bionic post should be reacted immediately without thinking, because that's essentially how he posts. As far as your statistic, yes Brady hasn't won without Vinatieri. Brady hasn't won without Richard Seymour either if we're just naming random players.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So only now hearing the Jason LaCanfora interview where he talks about what Haslam will be doing once he takes over:

Joe Banner should be taking over.

If he can't get a high profile "name" coach he is likely to go the direction of a coordinator such as Jay Gruden or Todd Bowles.

I don't know either of these guys so sure.

I'm sure BG will be along shortly to fellate the idea of any Gruden in our coaching ranks. :D

Kave_Man said:
If he can't get a high profile "name" coach he is likely to go the direction of a coordinator such as Jay Gruden or Todd Bowles.

Gruden's done pretty well with Dalton in Cincinnati as their offensive coordinator. Of course he has pieces to work with...

The way we're using Ponder reminds me a bit of an AD-adapted version of the college spread option. Ponder doesn't have to read defenses, he just has to be accurate and hit the intended target. Everything is either play action and a quick hit, or a quick WR screen to Percy, a slant pattern, a TE curl, or some other gimmick play that takes less than 3 seconds. If it isn't there, you go Fran Tarkenton and hope something good happens.

Pretty much!

And hey, if it works keep on at it. We'll see how long it take before teams figure it out.

eznark

Banned

I like that in Minnesota, slants and curls are considered "gimmick plays"

Slo

I like that in Minnesota, slants and curls are considered "gimmick plays"

By gimmick plays I meant pick plays, fake RB screens, and other misdirection plays. My point was that Ponder's not being asked to go through his progression or look down field at longer developing routes.

If people want to have a serious discussion let me know, but I was aware that every bionic post should be reacted immediately without thinking, because that's essentially how he posts. As far as your statistic, yes Brady hasn't won without Vinatieri. Brady hasn't won without cameras either if we're just stating facts.

Fixed.

So only now hearing the Jason LaCanfora interview where he talks about what Haslam will be doing once he takes over:

I'm sure BG will be along shortly to fellate the idea of any Gruden in our coaching ranks. :D

There was a interesting thing about Todd on the radio today. supposedly he and Juan had a big fight over the way he covered Fitz earlier this year. Juan wanted to double cover him but Todd felt that the Eagles DBs should be good enough to handle him on their own.

effzee

Gruden is Jon Gruden's younger brother and offensive coordinator in Cincy.

Todd Bowles is currently the Eagles DB coach but previously was the Dolphins defensive coordinator and interim head coach when Soprano was let go. He is really highly regarded. I wish he was actually our DC instead of DB coach only.

70,000 fans just roared in happiness!

Might you be interested in one Elisha Nelson Manning

Yes please! Are you in chuckd's league?

effzee

Fixed.

There was a interesting thing about Todd on the radio today. supposedly he and Juan had a big fight over the way he covered Fitz earlier this year. Juan wanted to double cover him but Todd felt that the Eagles DBs should be good enough to handle him on their own.

Don't know if this is true but the way Eagles have played Fitzgerald in their last three meetings hasn't been working. NFCCG in 08, last season, and now just 2 weeks ago he has beaten them each time. The lack of a pass rush to hurry the QB also hurts. I do believe Nnamdi and or DRC should be good enough to cover him 1 on 1 but not if he is matched up in the slot with Boykin.

effzee

Looks like I'm going to miss the Sunday games. Luckily, the Steelers play tonight.

I have to go to a "football" party on Sunday where about 70-80% of the crowd doesn't know or care to watch football.

I hate hate hate when people plan things on Sundays during the football season. Can't get out of it either.

I have to go to a "football" party on Sunday where about 70-80% of the crowd doesn't know or care to watch football.

I hate hate hate when people plan things on Sundays during the football season. Can't get out of it either.
It's especially bad on a day when your team loses because then you have to force yourself to pretend like you're in a good mood. I mean, I guess you don't have to but I at last make an effort.

You'd think I'd be pretty good at that by now.

How can you not get out of it? I have chosen watching games with two buddies that are into the game over going to "football" parties plenty of times. Don't give a shit if they think I'm an asshole for not wanting to watch it with people that don't care.

Greg

I've turned those down to watch a Packers game. Alone. On a terrible stream.

No shame.

effzee said:
Take that opportunity to start talking football at a high level to the point where they think you're mocking them and they never invite you again.

"Oh Steve, did you see that cornerback blitz? Pretty crazy that the three technique got that much push in the middle allowing him to shoot the gap and put a hit on the quarterback. That's one of the advantages of using the dime defense and blitzing the cornerback inside"

*Deer in headlights look*

"Get out."

Take that opportunity to start talking football at a high level to the point where they think you're mocking them and they never invite you again.

"Oh Steve, did you see that cornerback blitz? Pretty crazy that the three technique got that much push in the middle allowing him to shoot the gap and put a hit on the quarterback. That's one of the advantages of using the dime defense and blitzing the cornerback inside"

"Get out."

I sing Skol Vikings the entire time.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

"Get out."

They're usual response to me:

"Shut up Browns fan"

Top Bottom