• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

They're usual response to me:

"Shut up Browns fan"
Funny thing about it though, I'd imagine the average fan of a historically bad team has more knowledge of the sport than the average fan of a historically (or even just currently) good team. The fact that you stick with it means you either really like feeling pain or you really like football.

Funny thing about it though, I'd imagine the average fan of a historically bad team has more knowledge of the sport than the average fan of a historically (or even just currently) good team. The fact that you stick with it means you either really like feeling pain or you really like football.

Or really likes the color brown.

eznark

Banned

This is why I love talking baseball with Royals fans. They invariably are vastly more intelligent than your average Red Sox bandwagoner.

Bradshaw always had a penchant for rambling and did need some coddling back in his days, but good for him for calling out Brees. Fuck that new record, Brees couldn't polish Unitas' shoes. As for Terry, he wasn't the greatest to play the game. But he was the best for that team at that time. Terry put it best back then, "You might lose with me, but you'll never win without me." And it took them 22 years to replace him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2U1Xtci4PBw

Holy shit Bradshaw was a tough sombitch. Amazing to see a quarterback that can throw, run, and was trucking dudes.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
KingGondo get your boner ready. Looks like Josh Cooper will probably be activated for Sunday barring one of the WRs miracuously healing in the next few days.

Holy shit Bradshaw was a tough sombitch. Amazing to see a quarterback that can throw, run, and was trucking dudes.

Bradshaw had 32 rushing touchdowns over his career and over 2,200 yards on the ground. Certainly nobody will confuse him with Steve Young or Mike Vick, but a lot of people don't know or remember that he was a decent scrambler.

jmdajr

tom-brady_zps11cea0a2.jpg

ben-roethlisberger_zps1dfe4419.jpg

harbaugh-brothers_zps464073a9.jpg

SI-Childhood Photos of Athletes

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Depends on Wilson. If he can score 24 or more points I think they win.

If he shits the bed and scores 11 points then it is hard to see them beating the Pats.

I am leaning towards the Hawks though (not taking my bias into consideration). Pats feel like they might be due for another upset. Honestly I don't have confidence in any team this year.

While I think it could go either way, if Hernandez is even close to 100% this will be an aboslute blowout.

effzee

How can you not get out of it? I have chosen watching games with two buddies that are into the game over going to "football" parties plenty of times. Don't give a shit if they think I'm an asshole for not wanting to watch it with people that don't care.

How can I not get out of it? Well I recently got married and its at my brother in laws. Cool dude get along with him really well. He is into sports but not that much. Plus he roots for the Redskins :(

Game won't be on in NYC anyway. I was going to go to a sports bar or catch it on Game Rewind but still I want to be able to do nothing on Sundays and just watch the games.

Take that opportunity to start talking football at a high level to the point where they think you're mocking them and they never invite you again.

"Oh Steve, did you see that cornerback blitz? Pretty crazy that the three technique got that much push in the middle allowing him to shoot the gap and put a hit on the quarterback. That's one of the advantages of using the dime defense and blitzing the cornerback inside"

*Deer in headlights look*

"Get out."

Well I do that no matter who the audience is but then they all kind of tune me out and start talking about other BS like reality shows or whatever non sports people talk about.

Worst was at a Superbowl party in 08 after the Eagles lost again in the NFCCG. Some dude was like "hey at least you got a great coach"...eyes twitched and almost popped a blood vessel.

Where's Andy?

images

EDIT: DAMN YOU BigAT!

How can I not get out of it? Well I recently got married and its at my brother in laws. Cool dude get along with him really well. He is into sports but not that much. Plus he roots for the Redskins :(

Game won't be on in NYC anyway. I was going to go to a sports bar or catch it on Game Rewind but still I want to be able to do nothing on Sundays and just watch the games

I was about to ask if it was due to wife or gf. I see, that sucks then. Try to gradually get him more into football, maybe discussing it with someone consistently will generate greater interest.

effzee

It's especially bad on a day when your team loses because then you have to force yourself to pretend like you're in a good mood. I mean, I guess you don't have to but I at last make an effort.

You'd think I'd be pretty good at that by now.

Yeah just a few weeks ago when the Eagles lost to the Cardinals...same scenario.

"Oh you must be in a bad mood..."

"No no no it happens wins and losses oh hey guys lets go out to eat"

"No I can tell you aren't happy".

Well not shit I am not happy you dumb fuck. Now lets just shut up and go out to eat.

I was about to ask if it was due to wife or gf. I see, that sucks then. Try to gradually get him more into football, maybe discussing it with someone consistently will generate greater interest.

Funny thing is he is super into soccer. So much so that even while watching football he will somehow always work the conversation back towards soccer or how well he plays FIFA. Then I have the deer in headlights look.

Wes

venison crêpe
"New York Magazine is reporting that the NFL is considering endorsing and possibly investing league money in Draft Day, an upcoming feature film starring Kevin Costner as a fictional general manager of the Buffalo Bills."

Should be called Drafting With Bills.

BigAT said:
Mario Manningham is, not surprisingly, giving the 49ers' defensive backs inside information on the Giants playbook. I'd be more worried if I believed that Manningham ever knew the Giants playbook in the first place.

jim-harbaugh.jpg

"So Mario, look at this play diagram. Does this seem like something the Giants offense would do? I know you used to run plenty of option and switch routes which can be difficult to defend"

image.JPG

Jim+Harbaugh+Introduced+49ers+Head+Coach+G34LaMxfJoPl.jpg

Mario?

image.JPG

16566d1294314439-jim-harbaugh-will-get-back-49ers-thursday-1_jim-harbaugh.jpg

I can't hate Mario. He ran the wrong route often but dude came through big time for us when it counted and there was no way we were going to pay him. I wish him success. Just not this weekend.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
"New York Magazine is reporting that the NFL is considering endorsing and possibly investing league money in Draft Day, an upcoming feature film starring Kevin Costner as a fictional general manager of the Buffalo Bills."

Should be called Drafting With Bills.

...fuck, he'll probably do a better job than our real FO. PAY THE MAN

Dragon

Banned
Fuck Mario Manningham and fuck Giants fans who bash him!!

You trash your heroes in New York. First David "I'm possessed by the devil and I had a career 54 catches" Tyree and now Manningham.

Ungrateful!!

Dragon said:
Fuck Mario Manningham and fuck Giants fans who bash him!!

You trash your heroes in New York. First David "I'm possessed by the devil and I had a career 54 catches" Tyree and now Manningham.

Ungrateful!!
Read my spoiler you angry, bitter Pats fan.;)

BigAT

Gilbride is also complaining that Justin smith constantly gets away with holding offensive linemen. God damn is there a whinier team than the giants?

headline_1318822585.jpg

jimmy_spit_medium.gif

8hmiZ.gif

Way to take my flimsy pretext for a Manningham joke seriously. If you even glanced at the article you would see Gilbride isn't complaining in the least.

Top Bottom