• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

jmdajr

Jared Allen: My knee as valuable as Tom Brady's

Allen said he'd like to see the rules changed.

"In a league that talks about taking care of defenseless players and people in defenseless positions, that's a situation right there, there's nothing you can do to defend yourself," Allen said. "He can't get his hands down -- that's an outside end cut block. For me, there's no place (for) that. You take a guy's knee, he may never be the same player after that. If we're going to talk about player safety, there needs to be equality amongst all players

"My knee is just as valuable as Tom Brady's, in my eyes. There's some hits on the defensive side that could be illegal and probably save some defensive players."

Allen was asked if there's favoritism written into the rulebook?

"We can't grab them by the back of the jerseys anymore," Allen said. "The quarterback, you've got to hit below the neck and above the knees. You can't form tackle and slam them on the ground anymore. That's illegal.

Talamius

Realistically, all I play on my 360 nowadays are sports games (Fifa and 2K). I'll rent Halo 4 to play through it.

I've been meaning to build a gaming PC and just start playing multiplatform games on there.

You can't go wrong with a good gaming PC for multiplatform. I'd say go 660 Ti/decent CPU and you're covered for anything from this-gen or next-gen. Plus there's the indie games.

Seanspeed

Banned

Ok, thats it. Whats a good site covering NFL news that doesn't feel the need to stick a video on every page, making it take ages to load? I must have done the whole 'click on something, but then something else loads there instead at the last second, taking me somewhere I didn't want to go where I have to wait another couple minutes to load before I can go back to the page' thing at least 25 times now. I HATE that site with a passion.

Slo

Jared's mullet was more valuable than everything Brady owns in this physical world.

...and it's gone. It's. all. gone.

I agree with Allen and not just because I'm a Vikings homer. That play on Cushing probably freaked every DE/DT/LB in the league. :/

Jared had a good point on PTI the other day. Most of the rules about player safety are about what a defensive player can and can't do to an offensive player, but not about what one football player can do to another football player.

Ok, thats it. Whats a good site covering NFL news that doesn't feel the need to stick a video on every page, making it take ages to load? I must have done the whole 'click on something, but then something else loads there instead at the last second, taking me somewhere I didn't want to go where I have to wait another couple minutes to load before I can go back to the page' thing at least 25 times now. I HATE that site with a passion.

I like bleacherrepot but you have to take everything with a grain of salt. It's all amateur and link throughs.

Chili

The NFL website is pretty much the worst website on the internet and a perfect example of how not to design a webpage that is easy and comfortable to use. Every page I visit I get a 'WATCH EVERY GAME LIVE WITH GAME PASS' ad screaming at me on top volume. This is aside from the face that I already have it and I'm signed in so it should pick that up.

And more importantly they seem to have ruined the stats portion of the site making it impossible to find what you are looking for. Just keep it simple, web designers.

jmdajr

At least there is text. Some sites you clink on the news, and there is nothing but video :(

"Kevin Gilbride's outrageous, irrational statement regarding Justin Smith's play is, first, an absurd analogy," Harbaugh said in the statement.

"Second, it is an incendiary comment targeting one of the truly exemplary players in this league. It's obvious that the Giants coaching staff's sole purpose is to use their high visibility to both criticize and influence officiating."

Fuck yeah harbs! Suck his dick giants!

cajunator

Banned
Don't feel bad. I collect very expensive figures and statues. My den is nerd heaven.

Yeah I have a bunch of anime figures. Those are like 100$ a piece and upwards.

Regarding the NFL site, while I dont have slowdown, it is a pretty annoying site overall.
But this is the kind of speed my home connection has so it negates the shitty design:

2238163725.png

jmdajr

Yeah I have a bunch of anime figures. Those are like 100$ a piece and upwards.

Regarding the NFL site, while I dont have slowdown, it is a pretty annoying site overall.
But this is the kind of speed my home connection has so it negates the shitty design:

2238163725.png
Lol!

I get like 3mbs.

Cagey

Banned
Waaah waaaaaaaah! Wefs he's howding! Be sure to look for it on Sunday! No one respects us! Don't do my salsa dance!

Giants are one of the most unlikeable teams in the league because of all their complaining

lol k bro

Donte Whitner said:
"Bits and pieces of it. I was probably watching reality TV or something. I didn't really want to watch it because, you know, we felt like we outplayed the Giants. We felt like that was our trophy to lose."

"“We felt like it was ours to lose,” Whitner said. “Especially after we beat the Saints, we felt like it was ours to lose. We felt like the Saints and Green Bay Packers were the two best teams in the playoffs and once they went down we felt like it was ours to lose, and we let it slip through our fingers.”"

Cagey

Banned
Irrational!

I feel bad for whatever 49ers intern had to wipe the spit and bits of food off his face before transcribing and removing the profanity from whatever Harbaugh actually screamed.

I've not dropped into the weekly college football thread, but as a Rutgers alumnus... ready for 6-0 tomorrow?

JCizzle

Waaah waaaaaaaah! Wefs he's howding! Be sure to look for it on Sunday! No one respects us! Don't do my salsa dance!

Giants are one of the most unlikeable teams in the league because of all their complaining

Seriously, pulling the grandma card is a bitch ass move. Nobody else does that when they get mocked, they just strap their boots and win the next round.

BigAT

I've not dropped into the weekly college football thread, but as a Rutgers alumnus... ready for 6-0 tomorrow?

I certainly am. Although Rutgers has played down to Syracuse the last few years so who knows, but Flood has had them prepared for every game so far, so I'm hopeful. I'm not in the CFB thread very often either.

effzee

How is that complaining? He said we let it slip away and we did. He didn't preemptively bitch about the refs before the game

I've noticed that a lot with the Giants. For some reason they always need that extra motivation and seem to always look for it when they aren't favored. Of course teams with a better record or more impressive regular season will be favored. Who cares?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

And Smith happens to be holding Joe Thomas, one of the premiere left tackles in the league.

To many questions in this pick though. Was it a play action fake, which gave the criminal Aldon Smith a sack? Looks like a running play to me. Left Guard shouldn't leave that gap open.

effzee said:
Who cares?
I'm convinced teams call each other before hand to drum up half of this controversy to get fans all riled up and in a tizzy about back and forth shit talk between coaches, players, etc.

It's all motivational crap. Whether it's Coughlin playing the no respect card or Harbaugh's 'be paranoid at all times" commentary. Play the game on Sunday and may the better team that day win. The funny part is - does either one of these teams really NEED extra motivation this week?

JCizzle said:
Seriously, pulling the grandma card is a bitch ass move.
The "grandma card" has been known since Vic started doing the salsa in the first game against Philly and was mentioned again the week his grandmother passed away. Frankly, I have a ton of respect for Carlos Rogers coming out and saying he wouldn't mock it instead of having the usual football player ego about it. Good on him.

squicken

Harbaugh reminds me of Jerry Glannville and Rex Ryan. The only two guys who used hyperbole as much as Harbaugh does. He has to constantly say more outrageous things to match the previous outrageous comments

I can't think of a long tenured coach who has ever used that style effectively, but he's still got a year or two before the players roll their eyes

bionic77

Speaking of respect I am pretty outraged that no one respects the Steelers anymore.

This is an outrage! I hope Tomlin brings this to the players attention and gives detention to the players who keep playing sloppy ala Coughlin.

Harbaugh reminds me of Jerry Glannville and Rex Ryan. The only two guys who used hyperbole as much as Harbaugh does. He has to constantly say more outrageous things to match the previous outrageous comments

I can't think of a long tenured coach who has ever used that style effectively, but he's still got a year or two before the players roll their eyes

Sounds like u mad you're stuck with sorry ass fisher

Top Bottom