• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Bratwurst and Schnitzel is novice-tier.
Sauerbraten is where it's at.
Sauerbraten stewed all day by your 82 year old Oma, ya'll don't know nothing about that.

Milchjon

My Wisconsin based diners probably would, yeah.

Also, I would like to mention that the new Mumford & Sons album is amazing.

Have you seen this? Love it.

Poor Bowser. Shame he only bet a week.

How did he not see that coming?

Bratwurst and Schnitzel is novice-tier.
Sauerbraten is where it's at.
Sauerbraten stewed all day by your 82 year old Oma, ya'll don't know nothing about that.

My man.

Tim Tebow school of throwing I see.

Whoa whoa whoa....there is no Tebow school of throwing. He has been blessed with the arm of nature's QB...You can't teach that...

Gorilla+Fire+in+the+hole+gif+funny+pic.gif

lol no he wasn't. he got half his yards on one play and we put an end to his season on that play. he got shut down just like the rest of your sorry ass RB's did. but if saying "aww dang we'd be so good if only player X was available! that's the reason we are a joke right now! if only!" helps you sleep at night then i will allow it

I said he would make a difference not lead them to victory. This team is not a healthy Best away from being a contender. There are other issues. However, he gives defenses a reason not to focus solely on Calvin.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
matt stafford focusing solely on calvin is the cause of defenses focusing solely on calvin

Stafford had 45 TD's last year, 16 of which were to Megatron. Staff dishes the ball around as well as any QB in the league. When Staff is in God mode he goes through his reads as well as the best in the league(Brady, Rodgers etc.)

Yeah he really torched the niners last year. What an explosive player

Left the game early due to a concussion. Hasn't played since. :(

Stafford had 45 TD's last year, 16 of which were to Megatron. Staff dishes the ball around as well as any QB in the league. When Staff is in God mode he goes through his reads as well as the best in the league(Brady, Rodgers etc.)

Left the game early due to a concussion. Hasn't played since. :(

1. staffords 2011 was a fluke. this season has proven that
2. "left early due to concussion" yeah, if you consider the 4th quarter early

hahahahahahahahahah.....

at least give him a year(more than 4 games) or two before saying last year was a fluke.

I'm willing to avatar bet that he'll put up good numbers for the rest of the year.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

We're 3-1 if the special teams don't fuck up two games in a row. Stafford has been solid, but hasn't had help from the recievers considering they've dropped more balls than any other team in the NFL. Those issues will work themselves out and it starts this Sunday in Philly. 4 TD game incoming.

And IIRC Best left the game in the second quarter or so. Was pretty drunk that game but I don't recall seeing him at all in the second half.

hahahahahahahahahah.....

at least give him a year(more than 4 games) or two before saying last year was a fluke.

I'm willing to avatar bet that he'll put up good numbers for the rest of the year.

his year was a fluke in that he is never going to throw for 5000 yards again, he's never going to throw 40 td's. he's not that type of QB. he's not an elite QB. he is a good qb but his numbers last year were insane. part of that was the fact that he threw 663 times. his YPA wasn't anything that popped out. he's more or less a less pouty jay cutler. so that is the tier he should be in. i don't think he is one of the upper qb's or even in the 2nd level of guys like phillip rivers

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
his year was a fluke in that he is never going to throw for 5000 yards again, he's never going to throw 40 td's. he's not that type of QB. he's not an elite QB. he is a good qb but his numbers last year were insane. part of that was the fact that he threw 663 times. his YPA wasn't anything that popped out. he's more or less a less pouty jay cutler. so that is the tier he should be in. i don't think he is one of the upper qb's or even in the 2nd level of guys like phillip rivers

Throw for 5,000+ yards and 45 td's and lead your team to the playoffs.

Not an elite QB.

Love that logic FMT.

Upper level QB's: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Rapistberger, Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan

Second level QB's: Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub(???)

Bold = Old and will be out of the league or irrelevant in a few years.

I'm tempted to put Andrew Luck in Upper level QB's already, but I'll wait a few more games for that. Considering how weak the AFC is, the Colts have a really good chance to get into the playoffs if Luck stays healthy.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Kiryu

We're 3-1 if the special teams don't fuck up two games in a row. Stafford has been solid, but hasn't had help from the recievers considering they've dropped more balls than any other team in the NFL. Those issues will work themselves out and it starts this Sunday in Philly. 4 TD game incoming.

And IIRC Best left the game in the second quarter or so. Was pretty drunk that game but I don't recall seeing him at all in the second half.
Haha
Madden Curse!

Rorschach

No one tell Kastrioti that Rivers is the same age as Roofles and younger than Eli. Or that they're all from the same draft class. Or that he's only a year older than Cutler.

Or that Matthew Stafford is shit.

Upper level QB's: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Rapistberger, Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan

Tom Brady : 3 Super Bowls
Aaron Rodgers : 1 Super Bowl
Eli Manning : 2 Super Bowls
Drew Brees : 1 Super Bowl
Ben Roethlessburger: 2 rape accusations and 2 Super Bowls
Peyton Manning : 1 Super Bowl
Matthew Stafford: Jack Shit
Matt Ryan : The same amount of Super Bowl victories as me.

Spinluck

Throw for 5,000+ yards and 45 td's and lead your team to the playoffs.

Not an elite QB.

Love that logic FMT.

Second level QB's: Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub(???)

Bold = Old and will be out of the league or irrelevant in a few years.

I'm tempted to put Andrew Luck in Upper level QB's already, but I'll wait a few more games for that. Considering how weak the AFC is, the Colts have a really good chance to get into the playoffs if Luck stays healthy.

Yea, Luck's got ways to go. He's already better than some other low tier QB's in the league though.

And how old is Schaub?

Spinluck

Tom Brady : 3 Super Bowls
Aaron Rodgers : 1 Super Bowl
Eli Manning : 2 Super Bowls
Drew Brees : 1 Super Bowl
Ben Roethlessburger: 2 rape accusations and 2 Super Bowls
Peyton Manning : 1 Super Bowl
Matthew Stafford: Jack Shit
Matt Ryan : The same amount of Super Bowl victories as me.

If Matt Ryan wins MVP, he might not win this SB either.

I don't think an NFL MVP has ever been on a Superbowl winning team, I may be wrong though.

Winning MVP dooms your team I tell you!!

Rorschach

I was entirely upfront with the stakes, and he still agreed to do it.

By the way, contrary to what Rorschach will tell you, female furry characters definitely exist.

I didn't say they didn't exist. I said they tend to lean male. Ponies are weird because they're mostly little girls. Err... little animals.. what's the furry equivalent of prepubescent human girls?

You make good points. Last year he was forced to pass so much because the running game was non-existent. He may not come close to throwing 650 times ever again.

He did do a good job of making clutch plays at times but he hasn't really done much against great teams. As of right now I agree with your assessment of his skills.

I think he has a chance to be elite but it's not a given. Only time will tell if he improves or regresses.

elite tier

matt ryan

2nd tier

tom brady

3rd tier tebow

4th teir

stanford

Too bad you're not even a 4th tier troll.

If Matt Ryan wins MVP, he might not win this SB either.

I don't think an NFL MVP has ever been on a Superbowl winning team, I may be wrong though.

Winning MVP dooms your team I tell you!!

The last time a person won both the MVP title and the Super Bowl was Kurt Warner in 1999.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I didn't say they didn't exist. I said they tend to lean male. Ponies are weird because they're mostly little girls. Err... little animals.. what's the furry equivalent of prepubescent human girls?
Characters in MLP occupy four age groups: young children (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo), a group representing a range between childhood and middle aged (main cast), middle aged, and elderly. That the main cast don't handle certain issues is more indicative of the primary audience of the show rather than the characters themselves. Unless you want to argue that the show tackles child labor, which is fine with me.

Of course, age as depicted in a specific drawing need not agree with any of that.

Top Bottom