• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

From home

8582E3AF-690F-4E97-8192-6806900A24E7-35971-00000759323EAC6D.jpg

Stafford's mechanics always seem terrible.

Not sure how accurate he's ever going to be if he's constantly throwing off his backfoot and doing other bad stuff before he releases the ball. Haven't watched the Lions as much as Lion fans have though.

Jonnie Unotedz threw for all dem shits when you could still play goddanm defense too

You guys is trippin but eh consider the source u kno

Spinluck

Super Bowl wins are not the be all end all to get into elite status. For instance Peyton Manning was considered an elite QB by the end of his second season but did not win a SB till what 06?

I've seen enough of Stafford to put him in the elite category and it's not just being a homer. Stat's aside, he has one of the most gifted arms in the league, plays hurt and has heart, has leadership abilities and has lead plenty of comeback games already.

Haha I knew they were from the same 04' draft class I just thought River had a year or two on them. He looks older to me than the other two, plus has 6 kids.

Eli and Ben are getting close to the eventual decline most QB's hit when they get around 33.

No he was considered a good QB.

The word elite wasn't even tossed around and overused back then.

RBH

You can keep posting this pic, but at the end of the day you are still a Falcons fan. At least the Eagles have 4 NFC title game appearances. The Falcons claim to fame is MC Hammer being on their sideline 20 years ago and a shitty dance made up by a dude who does coke in toilet stalls in nightclubs.

Don't forget this guy!

afc-glanville7.jpg

This gif made my dick twitch.
Too similar to the real thing

DMczaf said:
You can keep posting this pic, but at the end of the day you are still a Falcons fan. At least the Eagles have 4 NFC title game appearances. The Falcons claim to fame is MC Hammer being on their sideline 20 years ago and a shitty dance made up by a dude who does coke in toilet stalls in nightclubs.

The Falcons are the fucking shit bro.
Deal with it.

FALCONS

RBH

aikman-e1329885723922.jpg

"I don’t think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage," Troy Aikman said last week during an interview on KTCK-AM 1310 The Ticket. "What I’ve heard is that, 'Wow, they really lost home field advantage when they left Texas Stadium.' Texas Stadium really wasn’t that different. Having played playoff games in Texas Stadium, that stadium was rocking, it was great. ... But when we would play in Philadelphia, New York and walk out of the tunnel, I would have to be yelling at the top of my lungs for guys to hear me. And you get on the plane for the flight home and your head would be pounding, you wouldn’t have a voice, and that’s just the way that it was. There was no way you could go down there near the goal line and use hard count in an opposing stadium. And yet in Texas Stadium, teams did it all the time."

Aikman would know. The Hall of Famer played 85 regular season games and eight playoff contests in Texas Stadium during his time with the Cowboys, and while he was much better at home (56-29) than on the road (38-42) throughout his career, that could speak to the difficulty of playing in inhospitable away venues as much as anything.

So what's the reason for the Cowboys' quiet crowds? Aikman says it's simply the culture of Dallas sports fans.

"I think for a large part – and the fans don’t want to hear this – a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they’re there because it’s kind of just a place to be seen," Aikman said. "I didn’t know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody’s wearing Rangers hats and saying, 'Oh yeah, I’m a big Rangers fan.'

"I’ve always said Dallas isn’t so much a sports town as it is a winner’s town. And that’s not that unique. Most towns are like that. There are very few towns like Chicago where you can go out there and go 4-12 and they’re stilling selling out stadiums. That’s pretty unique. But Dallas, they pull for their winners, and as we saw in the Tampa game, when an opposing offense can get down there on the 10-yard line and they’re drawing the home team offsides, that’s different. You’re not seeing that in some of these other places."
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...crowds-a-lot-of-dallas-fans-go-to-be-seen.ece

At least we can fill our stadium!

Top Bottom