• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 6 |OT| The C-Word Is For Lovers

Rorschach

Characters in MLP occupy four age groups: young schoolchildren (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo), a group representing a range between childhood and middle aged (main cast), middle aged, and elderly. That the main cast don't handle certain issues is more indicative of the primary audience of the show rather than the characters themselves. Unless you want to argue the show tackles child labor, which is fine with me.

They all seemed like kids. I thought ponies were horse kids. Although, that does explain why they live without their parents...

[edit] But still, they look young. Just like those anime girls that look 5, but get paraded around like adults because they're technically 500 years old!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Tom Brady : 3 Super Bowls
Aaron Rodgers : 1 Super Bowl
Eli Manning : 2 Super Bowls
Drew Brees : 1 Super Bowl
Ben Roethlessburger: 2 rape accusations and 2 Super Bowls
Peyton Manning : 1 Super Bowl
Matthew Stafford: Jack Shit
Matt Ryan : The same amount of Super Bowl victories as me.

Super Bowl wins are not the be all end all to get into elite status. For instance Peyton Manning was considered an elite QB by the end of his second season but did not win a SB till what 06?

I've seen enough of Stafford to put him in the elite category and it's not just being a homer. Stat's aside, he has one of the most gifted arms in the league, plays hurt and has heart, has leadership abilities and has lead plenty of comeback games already.

No one tell Kastrioti that Rivers is the same age as Roofles and younger than Eli. Or that they're all from the same draft class. Or that he's only a year older than Cutler.

Or that Matthew Stafford is shit.

Haha I knew they were from the same 04' draft class I just thought River had a year or two on them. He looks older to me than the other two, plus has 6 kids.

Eli and Ben are getting close to the eventual decline most QB's hit when they get around 33.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
They all seemed like kids. I thought ponies were horse kids. Although, that does explain why they live without their parents...

[edit] But still, they look young. Just like those anime girls that look 5, but get paraded around like adults because they're technically 500 years old!
I see you've put a lot of thought into how cartoon ponies age.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
t-brady-b-pollard.jpg

:( Ironic this is what lead the Chiefs to 3 years of Matt Cassel and a possible Matt Barkely future.

The football Gods are fair and wise.

Rorschach

I see you've put a lot of thought into how cartoon ponies age.

I was going to post a picture of a grown up horse furry, but I couldn't find one where the cock was smaller than the horse. I can't even crop them!

They can't be found. I should know: I spent five hours looking through them all.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I was going to post a picture of a grown up horse furry, but I couldn't find one where the cock was smaller than the horse. I can't even crop them!

They can't be found. I should know: I spent five hours looking through them all.
Quality over quantity applies here too. If you're not familiar with the relevant distribution channels you're going to get bogged down in shit for hours. Unless you were exactly where you wanted to be and were just too distracted to look elsewhere, of course.

Throw for 5,000+ yards and 45 td's and lead your team to the playoffs.

Not an elite QB.

Love that logic FMT.

Upper level QB's: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Rapistberger, Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan

Second level QB's: Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub(???)

Bold = Old and will be out of the league or irrelevant in a few years.

I'm tempted to put Andrew Luck in Upper level QB's already, but I'll wait a few more games for that. Considering how weak the AFC is, the Colts have a really good chance to get into the playoffs if Luck stays healthy.

ok? so you do it for 1 year and you're elite? holy shit chris johnson, mercedes lewis, peyton hillis and countless others are elite!

lol @ stafford being in the same conversation as those players. like i said, time will prove me right. stafford is not an elite QB. guys like brady, rodgers, manning, roofles have succeeded with trash running games but when its stafford he needs more help from his running game

Not an elite QB.

Love that logic FMT.

Upper level QB's: Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning, Drew Brees, Ben Rapistberger, Matthew Stafford, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan

Second level QB's: Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco, Jay Cutler, Matt Schaub(???)

Bold = Old and will be out of the league or irrelevant in a few years.

I'm tempted to put Andrew Luck in Upper level QB's already, but I'll wait a few more games for that. Considering how weak the AFC is, the Colts have a really good chance to get into the playoffs if Luck stays healthy.

lolno at Stafford. Tossing the ball in the general direction of Calvin Johnson thirty times a game does not make you an elite QB.

(Unrelated note: Fuck yeah at the Natinals beating up on the Cards in Game 5)

jakncoke

Banned
It's not what they do for whatever reason. This year may change that with the play of Cassel, but my money is on Quinn doing well enough for them to continue the trend.

What do you see in Quinn?

Oh man, that just reminded me of that amazing thread where that sick fucking wanna be dragon fucker had stolen a bunch of content from GAF for a forum. My God, that was an amazing day.

lol wut, i need to read that thread.

Not an elite QB.

Love that logic FMT.

If anything it's the other way around. The fact that Fatt put up those numbers diminishes it as a gold standard for QBs. It's like a baseball player hitting 40 HRs in the mid 90s. He's good, but he's not elite. He's in Cutler/Romo territory.

Godslay

Banned
What do you see in Quinn?

If he plays well enough, then they won't draft anyone else (at least not in the first). The thing with the Chiefs is that they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball really. Quinn just has to be serviceable and they could have a decent offense with the guys they have. Right now all he has to do is be better than Cassel, and going by the season so far I think he can do it.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If he plays well enough, then they won't draft anyone else (at least not in the first). The thing with the Chiefs is that they have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball really. Quinn just has to be serviceable and they could have a decent offense with the guys they have. Right now all he has to do is be better than Cassel, and going by the season so far I think he can do it.

Thats a shitty way to build a team. The Chiefs will be consistently mediocre if they do that. As far as talent goes they have a pretty shitty WR core, and a pretty shitty defensive front 7.

Brady Quinn at the helm will get you a 6-10 season at best, and thats not going to cut it in a competetive division like the AFC West. If you're going to rebuild it starts at the QB position. Journeyman QB's only lead to instability.

And the Raiders sans Al Davis (and there new GM from GB) will eventually gain traction in the AFC West.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
He seems to fuck up almost as much as they do. Dude throws too many bad passes to be elite.

I just don't see it. I've watched almost every pro game he had starting from his first game in NO 3 years ago.

Really the main way a QB fucks up is by turning the ball over, and granted he did pretty bad week 1 against the Lambs, Stafford takes care of the ball and doesn't throw INTs or fumble.

And the INTs will be fixed with time as he gets more under control with age. Happens to all the younguns.

there's also time for him to get worse. as in.... he is currently worse now than he was last year.

4 games =! whole season. WR's have dropped more passes than any other corp this year as well (with POS Pettigrew leading the way with like 5 dropped TD passes).

Godslay

Banned
Thats a shitty way to build a team. The Chiefs will be consistently mediocre if they do that. As far as talent goes they have a pretty shitty WR core, and a pretty shitty defensive front 7.

Brady Quinn at the helm will get you a 6-10 season at best, and thats not going to cut it in a competetive division like the AFC West. If you're going to rebuild it starts at the QB position. Journeyman QB's only lead to instability.

And the Raiders sans Al Davis (and there new GM from GB) will eventually gain traction in the AFC West.

It's what they do. They've been mediocre forever.

Their receiving core is pretty talented if you ask me. Bowe, Moeaki, the potential of Baldwin. Add in Charles and you have a potent offense if you have a QB that can get them the ball.

As far as their defense, they have plenty of young talent on that side of the ball as well. It's easy just to cast them aside, but they have plenty of potential. Their secondary is light years ahead of the Lions for instance.

Really they are missing a QB. Hell a combination of Cassel and Neckbeard got them to 7-9, one win away from winning the West.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Cam Newton threw for 4000 yards as a rookie and he has Stevie Wonder level field vision. Sorry that Matt Stafford (with Megatron) throwing for 5000 in the same year isn't super impressive.

It's not just the stats. If you want to talk about vision and touch:

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LhfWzBmNag&feature=relmfu

Exhibit B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcFK5q7JbtY&feature=relmfu

And Exhibit C where the term Stafford Window was first coined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw&feature=related

In all three, the commentators go out of there way to point out how Stafford has touch and spin on the ball that almost no QB in the league has sans Brady and Rodgers.

He doesn't just throw it 60 yards on a Megatron route.

Kiryu

It's not just the stats. If you want to talk about vision and touch:

Exhibit A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LhfWzBmNag&feature=relmfu

Exhibit B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcFK5q7JbtY&feature=relmfu

And Exhibit C where the term Stafford Window was first coined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTWvY-ujuVw&feature=related

In all three, the commentators go out of there way to point out how Stafford has touch and spin on the ball that almost no QB in the league has sans Brady and Rodgers.

He doesn't just throw it 60 yards on a Megatron route.
You don't need to worry about Detroit Loins this season. Last season was fluke... This season, you got madden curse'd because everyone wanted Megatron On the cover.
Come on Man!
Shame on You

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
You don't need to worry about Detroit Loins this season. Last season was fluke... This season, you got madden curse'd because everyone wanted Megatron On the cover.
Come on Man!
Shame on You

Not me :( I was hoping and praying Scam would get the nod but alas the people couldn't resist the petigree and looks Calvin Johnson posseses.

Kiryu

Not me :( I was hoping and praying Scam would get the nod but alas the people couldn't resist the petigree and looks Calvin Johnson posseses.
Oh well, just survive through this season with Madden Curse for 1 season...

I want to see Tom Brady on Madden 14 Cover... too bad, It won't happen because it would be JJ Watt. :D

I think Cam still ended up getting the curse too.
It's not curse. It's Hello Kitty Kryptonite.

Top Bottom