• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
tXLNK.jpg

It's hard to hate on Munny though - he actually gives a damn and plays with fire. If he was just 3 inches taller he would be a shutdown CB.

Picture gets me every single time. :jnc

Talon- said:
So...who's putting together the defensive gameplan for the Eagles?
Todd Bowles. He's the new defensive coordinator.

Reports are that the Eagles are looking at bringing in the recently cut Chris Williams from the Bears as a possible LT or Guard candidate. They had him in for a workout today, in fact.

http://www.phillymag.com/eagles/2012/10/17/eagles-bring-in-ol-williams-for-visit/

EDIT: Da'Quan Bowers is actually set to practice for the Bucs:

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/DaQuan-Bowers-set-to-start-practicing-with-Bucs.html

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

Bucs start the clock on potential comeback of Da'Quan Bowers

Jarius Byrd wins the AFC Defensive Player of the Week award and Antrel Rolle wins the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award for those interested. Week of the safeties, apparently.

No news yet on the offensive awards.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Jarius Byrd wins the AFC Defensive Player of the Week award and Antrel Rolle wins the NFC Defensive Player of the Week award for those interested. Week of the safeties, apparently.

No news yet on the offensive awards.
Oh cool, now Rolle will be encouraged to play too shallow and allow deep passes all day.

Wellington said:
Oh cool, now Rolle will be encouraged to play too shallow and allow deep passes all day.
He would be anyway with Hosely taking over the slot corner job. Pick your poison on where he hurts us the least but this week give Antrel a little credit.;)

Oh and WHA?

Patricia Traina @Patricia_Traina

Wow, just saw the Jets "terminated" FB John "The Terminator" Conner.
I thought Rex loved this dude?

Fox318

He would be anyway with Hosely taking over the slot corner job. Pick your poison on where he hurts us the least but this week give Antrel a little credit.;)

Oh and WHA?

I thought Rex loved this dude?

He hasn't been that good outside of special teams. This has less to do with rex and more to do with the GM. This move has his hands all over it. He is trying to keep the cap under 6 million for next year and he wants TE/FB Josh Baker to fill that double role. Conner played in the last game of the pre-season so you have to know that his job was on the line. Conner can't catch and he hasn't been great as a runner. They also signed Lex Hillard a while back.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
After reading that Beyonce Super Bowl thread it made me remember...

Are we going to make our glorious return to the OT with the Super Bowl thread or will we just keep it in here in communities away from the...normals?

After reading that Beyonce Super Bowl thread it made me remember...

Are we going to make our glorious return to the OT with the Super Bowl thread or will we just keep it in here in communities away from the...normals?
I don't know. Do people like hundreds of Pop-GAF gifs covering the thread?

Giants Practice report:

RB Ahmad Bradshaw - Did not practice - Foot injury. He will practice tomorrow. Coughlin seems a bit concerned that the foot issues from the past may cause him to go back to one practice a week.
LB Jacquain Williams - Did not practice - Will not practice at all this week and will likely not play. This is a loss as his speed at linebacker will be missed. Expect Keith Rivers to much more playtime against the Skins.
DT Chris Canty - Practiced! - He's BAAAACK. The Giants now have up to three weeks to activate Canty. If he practices well this week, I expect him to be activated for Sunday's game. We need him because...
DT Rocky Bernard - Did not practice. He will not practice with his quad injury either all week. Which means he won't be playing again.
LB Michael Boley - Did not practice - Hip injury. They will continue the same 1 or 2 practices a week with him. Expect him to play as he has for the last two weeks.
WR Hakeem Nicks - Practiced - Took a full load of work and appeared to be moving well. Hopefully he's a bit more healthy than he was against the Niners. There was no question he was slowed with the knee injury.
RB Andre Brown - Practiced - Cleared from his concussion he was back on the field with a full day of practice. Bradshaw will likely have his load lightened a bit this week.
RB Da'Rel Scott - Did not practice - Odd man out in the RB lineup and it gets even worse as he just had knee surgery to clean out some issues. I expect him to go on either full IR or the new IR so that they can activate Chris Canty.
S Kenny Phillips - Did not practice - Kenny is moving better but still not ready. They say he's likely a week or two away at most right now.
CB Corey Webster - Did not practice - Usual out for him with the broken hand and hamstring. He is supposed to go tomorrow.

EDIT: None too shocking but Aaron Rodgers if your NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

Your Week 7 referee assignments:

http://www.football-refs.com/nfl-referees-by-season/2012-crews/week-7/

THU, OCT 18
Seattle at San Francisco – Walt Anderson

SUN, OCT 21
Tennessee at Buffalo – Mike Carey
Cleveland at Indianapolis – Carl Cheffers
Washington at NY Giants – Ed Hochuli
New Orleans at Tampa Bay – Jerome Boger
Dallas at Carolina – Ron Winter
Baltimore at Houston – Tony Corrente
Green Bay at St. Louis – Bill Vinovich (with Pete Morelli crew)
Arizona at Minnesota – Terry McAulay
NY Jets at New England – Jeff Triplette
Jacksonville at Oakland – Scott Green
Pittsburgh at Cincinnati – Clete Blakeman

MON, OCT 22
Detroit at Chicago – Alberto Riveron

We get Ed Hercules this week!

RBH

The Jets came to an injury settlement with fullback John Conner, who has been dealing with a MCL sprain and hamstring injury in recent weeks. Rex Ryan said Wednesday that the move “doesn’t preclude us from bringing him back at some point… that is a possibility that he could be back with us.”

The Jets signed LB Marcus Dowtin off the practice squad to take Conner’s roster spot heading into the Patriots’ game on Sunday. “Quite honestly we needed the spot,” Ryan said.

The Jets hope to bring back Conner, a fifth-round pick in 2010, in the future if he doesn’t sign with another team, according to a source. Per terms of the new CBA, Conner wouldn’t be eligible to return to the Jets until late in the regular season.

Conner hit the national stage when Ryan routinely praised Conner -- nicknamed "The Terminator" -- on Hard Knocks during his rookie year.

Ryan has been impressed with veteran Lex Hilliard, who was recently signed when Conner hurt his hamstring.

“I do really like the way Hilliard’s played,” Ryan said. “He’s done a tremendous job for us stepping in, not just as a fullback, but even on special teams. He’s been a really good addition. With that being said, we’ll see. There could be a possibility down that road that you have both those guys on your team.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2012/10/jets-reach-injury-settlement-with-fullback-john-conner

jmdajr

tXLNK.jpg

It's hard to hate on Munny though - he actually gives a damn and plays with fire. If he was just 3 inches taller he would be a shutdown CB.

This is how the Texans CBs looked like in the Atlanata game last year. But somehow we won.

Lunchbox

Banned
Nice if the NFL to keep putting the sub replacement level officiating crew in the biggest game each week. Enjoy Jeff Triplette, Jets fans!

jets sympathizers already preparing the excuses for the incoming blowout

no officiating will help jabba's team when we put 40 on them at half time

Top Bottom