• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Nice and confused. What is she even doing?

texas-fan-f-bomb_medium_medium.gif

Mrbob

I'll haunt you guys forever!

I love when all NFL gaf can agree on something. Bob will be a ghost before too long, and it's not because his Wendy's job is so demanding.

Am I moving up in the world, now? Used to be Hardees! Dat promotion.

I thought Sanchez looked pretty good yesterday tbh, The only really questionable decisions I saw were when he was about to get killed by a defender.

Not a huge fan of how the way the end of the game was handled by the refs, granted, what could they do to stop the rush onto the field.
Sanchez had a decent game (fantastic by Sanchez standards) but the Patriots have a terrible secondary and Sanchez still managed to lose the game for them. Plus, did you see that under-thrown INT? An NFL QB throwing a pass like that should be absolutely ashamed of himself.

Unless there's an obvious interim on the staff there's really no way to fire him. It kind of sucks to waste a year of TRich and Weeden, but a front office clean out was what was really needed. You just have to hope the money guys stay in their lane and not think they know personnel

Is this a shot at Banner? I think that Peters trade worked out really well for the Eagles.

Rorschach

I love when all NFL gaf can agree on something. Bob will be a ghost before too long, and it's not because his Wendy's job is so demanding.
They do get busier after thanksgiving especially if he's near a popular shopping center. Better than food court food.

Reported yesterday but Cooley passed his physical today and is now a Redskin (again):

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

TE Chris Cooley passed his physical with the Redskins and is signing with Washington, as Comcast SportsNet reported.

Crisco

Banned
Hurney's poor drafting the last few years and the horrible contracts he's handed out finally did him in. Dream scenario to replace him would be the Raven's assistant GM, but I don't see that happening. If Rivera ends up going too, I want the Seahawks DC.

Hurney's poor drafting the last few years and the horrible contracts he's handed out finally did him in. Dream scenario to replace him would be the Raven's assistant GM, but I don't see that happening. If Rivera ends up going too, I want the Seahawks DC.

Why? I doubt he could teach another team to get away with the shit the Seahawks get away with.

LJ11

Would you want the Bills to rake another DE?

Haven't drafted one in years, there's no depth. Actually felt they should take one in the past draft if the right guy was there. Really though, it doesn't matter. No matter who they draft, nothing seems to change. Guy will play well for a year and then realize what he's in store for.

Think Wanny gets the axe this week?

No way. He's a problem, should be fired, but Chan won't do that to his buddy. A lot of it falls on the players, just not making any plays. It's a lot of man coverage, plenty of teams play that way, makes it a bit harder to stop the run, but these guys are super slow at reading pass/run . They've spent 15 draft picks out of 27 selections on defense. They have 2 legit starters from that 15 player pool, and if one continues to play the way he is, maybe 1.

Would be great if the Panthers showed up this weekend. Panthers fan living near Chicago and I really don't want to hear the shit all season.

brentech

I can't hate on a young guy with money. He can spend his money however he pleases.

But if he spent as much time trying to get better as a QB as he does trying to be an ICON by buying ugly-ass clothes...
He looks like Andre from the league. The circumcision episode last week where he keeps wearing clothing that looks like it.

Eagles update:

@Jeff_McLane: #Eagles T Jason Peters is out on the practice field running half-speed through some light agility drills.

Doubt it means much. Wouldn't do them good to push Peters back too soon.

Owzers

i'm going with the theory that the Jets don't want Tebow to be part of their success in the sense that if a touchdown is to be scored they would prefer it to be from Sanchez even at the detriment of the team. They are not going to give Tebow three tries in a row to get a touchdown near the end zone, let alone two, it's not going to happen under any circumstance.

My brother and i were betting on what sanchez would do on that last drive, i picked int and he went with fumble. Next time i'll win.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
i'm going with the theory that the Jets don't want Tebow to be part of their success in the sense that if a touchdown is to be scored they would prefer it to be from Sanchez even at the detriment of the team. They are not going to give Tebow three tries in a row to get a touchdown near the end zone, let alone two, it's not going to happen under any circumstance.

My brother and i were betting on what sanchez would do on that last drive, i picked int and he went with fumble. Next time i'll win.

So the team is losing on purpose?

"Hey guys lets all get fired!"

eznark

Banned
So I was talking to my wife about the Bengals game. She went to bed at halftime and I was explaining some of things that happened and went over some of the adjustments and failures and things that annoyed me and she interrupted me and said "look, it's nice that you want the Wisconsin guys to play well and win games but they are Bengals now, so you probably care more than they do" I argued with her for a bit and she just threw up her hands and walked away saying "Honey, losers lose"

I think some of you guys (LJ, Kave, Bob, Slo, all of Detroit) need to remember those two simple words. It will make your lives easier. There is just no help for it.

Losers lose.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

That's silly, you're silly.

So what did Bradshaw yell at Coughlin during their exchange? Pretty much what most have speculated:

Ralph Vacchiano @RVacchianoNYDN
So what did Ahmad Bradshaw yell at Tom Coughlin yesterday? Simple, he said "Run the ball!" #NYG

The slap to the head of Cruz wasn't a friendly one either. Bradshaw was supposedly pissed that Cruz "slacked off" on a block that would have sprung him out for more yards. His exchange with Ingram was likely more of the same frustration with the lack of running plays called. Love the passion, needs to control it though. Thin line between fiery leadership and douchebaggery.

So I was talking to my wife about the Bengals game. She went to bed at halftime and I was explaining some of things that happened and went over some of the adjustments and failures and things that annoyed me and she interrupted me and said "look, it's nice that you want the Wisconsin guys to play well and win games but they are Bengals now, so you probably care more than they do" I argued with her for a bit and she just threw up her hands and walked away saying "Honey, losers lose"

I think some of you guys (LJ, Kave, Bob, Slo, all of Detroit) need to remember those two simple words. It will make your lives easier. There is just no help for it.

Losers lose.

i hope you dont get sex for the rest of this week

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Not looking forward to Detroit getting crushed tonight :(

Special teams = awful
Stafford and the Lions' offense for the first 3 quarters = awful
Down to 3 cornerbacks, 2 of which aren't starters = awful

Bears blowout incoming.

Bowser said:
Well, Charles Johnson just threw the coaching staff under the bus:
Someone should tell Charles that while coaches certainly coach, a GM has to give that coach a team that's worth a damn. Spending 50 million dollars on two running backs that you barely use? Not exactly intelligent management of a roster.

Not to mention, how much is Johnson collecting on that paycheck of his that Hurney gave him?

I must say if your kicker didn't suck ass it would be a 2 team race right now.
I don't know what his deal is this year. Prior to 2012 he was 105 for 128 in his career (82%) and this year he's 7 for 11 (63.6%).

It's probably not worth focusing on stuff like that though, because if that's what's deciding whether you're winning or losing then you probably aren't much of a contender anyway. Hopefully that's something the Dolphins will get better at over time.

eznark

Banned
Someone should tell Charles that while coaches certainly coach, a GM has to give that coach a team that's worth a damn. Spending 50 million dollars on two running backs that you barely use? Not exactly intelligent management of a roster.

Not to mention, how much is Johnson collecting on that paycheck of his that Hurney gave him?

$73 million!

K-19

Banned

Losers lose.

Cute.

So what did Bradshaw yell at Coughlin during their exchange? Pretty much what most have speculated:

The slap to the head of Cruz wasn't a friendly one either. Bradshaw was supposedly pissed that Cruz "slacked off" on a block that would have sprung him out for more yards. His exchange with Ingram was likely more of the same frustration with the lack of running plays called. Love the passion, needs to control it though. Thin line between fiery leadership and douchebaggery.

Bradshaw is hungry. The thing is that Redskins D seem to have been pretty efficient with blocking Giants run.

Top Bottom