• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

jmdajr

Ok, now I'm truly interested. He is taking this to the extreme. Where is this animated ninja assassin video?

I saw it at the game. Like in the Stadium giant TV. I don't think it's on youtube, or even their website for that matter.

there is this though.

'On the Nose' with Shaun Cody: Ninjas
The third installment of "On the Nose" with Shaun Cody takes a look at defensive end/ninja Antonio Smith and his stealthy ways.

ninja_zps7511c46b.gif

Brady Quinn went to Notre Dame therefore I must prophesy that he will throw a pick-six to lose the game or get a career-ending injury in his first start.

LJ11

I thought with taking Dareus last year and then spending a fortune on Williams, that DE would not be on the table. Do you think the Bills would ever take a QB? It's the new hotness! Then again they did just pay one...

I'm not sure there's one I'd feel comfortable taking outside of Smith. Wilson can throw with anyone, but he's taken too much punishment behind that garbage Ark line. I've always liked him but I'm hesitant at the same time.

They can't cut Fitz yet, would be a $12.5m cap hit, but after that, he's gone. I actually expect Williams to be cut after his third year, unless he turns it around, would result in cap savings. They can part ways with him after the 2nd year and actually save money, but when you factor in a replacement level player it would even out. Kyle Moore who they sniped last year from the Lions practice squad has been the best DE the last two weeks. Great bull rush, but can't bend around the corner at all. He'd have a few sacks if he could shed/use hands better, but he's gotten great push against two shitty OTs and two average/above average OTs.

Dareus is playing DT, but he's a shell of what he was last year. Dude is looking fat too, sloppy fat, he was always a big man but there was definition around his arms. Thick build. Dude is looking like a slob. His brother's death may be affecting him. Just hasn't been good this year, 3 good games against shitty competition isn't what I want from him.

Mrbob

I saw it at the game. Like in the Stadium giant TV. I don't think it's on youtube, or even their website for that matter.

Damn, I'd love to see it.

I knew it was a good idea making the Texans my second team in the NFL. I take full responsibility for the GB loss. I should have transformed into Texans Bob during the Bears bye week! Would have helped lead our team to victory.

Edit: Too late Smokes! I'm already an honorary Texan!

Smokey

Damn, I'd love to see it.

I knew it was a good idea making the Texans my second team in the NFL. I take full responsibility for the GB loss. I should have transformed into Texans Bob during the Bears bye week! Would have helped lead our team to victory.

Edit: Too late Smokes! I'm already an honorary Texan!

No you're not. You don't get to decide who to jump to after the Bears Cycle begins. And even if you did I do not approve of your passage.

eznark said:
Ya, pretty much all of NFL Gaf owes him an apology.
The wonders of judging a coach on a few one on ones with players on a TV show. Stuttering or saying "uh" a few times apparently means you're awful at coaching.;)

eznark

Banned
The wonders of judging a coach on a few one on ones with players on a TV show. Stuttering or saying "uh" a few times apparently means you're awful at coaching.;)

As the only defender of him during that show, I am comfortable judging him as awesome after only 6 games!

Quikies83

Brady Quinn went to Notre Dame therefore I must prophesy that he will throw a pick-six to lose the game or get a career-ending injury in his first start.

He started last week and threw a pick 6. I'm betting his shoulder explodes this week and Cassel is back behind center. Quinn better not turn this ship around... we have a good thing going. 1-15!!!!

Ya, pretty much all of NFL Gaf owes him an apology.
I wasn't around to witness all of the bad-mouthing but I would like to see these apologies happen. The Dolphins' glorious ascension to quiet mediocrity has been wonderful to witness so far this season, especially considering how many jokes were made about them during the first few weeks. Now no one is talking about them at all! It's great!

Troll

Banned
He started last week and threw a pick 6. I'm betting his shoulder explodes this week and Cassel is back behind center. Quinn better not turn this ship around... we have a good thing going. 1-15!!!!

you want Barkley or that athletic dude from wvu?

eznark

Banned
Did anyone actually call him a bad coach based on that? Or just that he was awkward.

There was lots of "this guy will be a failure because he is obviously a bad leader and can't talk to people" and "he's going to get walked all ooooooooover!!!!"

Dragon

Banned
There was lots of "this guy will be a failure because he is obviously a bad leader and can't talk to people" and "he's going to get walked all ooooooooover!!!!"

He's an offensive coach and the dolphins are 22nd in scoring and total yards in the NFL.

squicken

I said I thought he looked wishy washy and did my mea culpa before the Rams-Phins game.

That said, they are winning games against bad teams. So I won't crown him yet, though he is doing a good job in winning the games he has a chance to win. Out-coached Fisher

LJ11 said:
Did anyone actually call him a bad coach based on that? Or just that he was awkward.
No there were definite questions about his ability to lead and whether he was head coaching material based on those awkward conversations with the players. Some of it was the usual GAF trolling, others were a bit more serious about it.

I remember responding to Memes (maybe?) and someone else saying he wouldn't be a good coach based on the discussions with the players (you weren't the only one defending, ez!)

Obviously the season has a long way to go and I'm biased as a Dolphins fan but Philbin has impressed me a lot so far. Like squicken said, they have really only beaten bad teams but considering the outlook coming in to this season that is a big step in the right direction for them (let alone the fact that they would be 5-1 if Dan Carpenter had made some field goals).

I don't think anyone expected Tannehill to be playing this well at this point in the season, and I'd imagine Philbin's involvement has something to do with how well his development has gone so far. The Dolphins aren't putting up a ton of points, it's true, but they have been competitive down to the wire in every game they've played (besides the Texans game) which should be more important to a head coach than how many yards his QB threw for in a particular game. New Orleans is first in the league in passing yards, guys. Is that really the metric we should be judging head coaches by?

Phibin has led the Dolphins to a 3-3 record so far which is impressive no matter how you slice it given the current roster, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

This is completely insane yet I'm finding it hard to hate on it cause it looks amazing.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/10/one_fans_giant_labor_of_love.html

11730423-standard.jpg

The idea that would consume two years of his life and drain $20,000 from his bank account, the obsession that turned his garage into a jaw-dropping shrine for his favorite football team, came to him in the middle of the night.

Don Martini had been searching for a new project. He had built kayaks and gazebos and furniture in his Blairstown workshop, turned his backyard into a village with an elevated rail for model trains, a working windmill and a lighthouse. He needed something else. Something bigger.

“I’m going to build Giants Stadium,” he declared one morning, and his wife Janice replied the way you’d expect to a statement like that.

“You’re crazy,” she said.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know this isn't the fantasy thread but I don't give a shit.

Who should I start tonight - Stafford or Cutler? I think I'm fucked either way. I should have started Freeman yesterday :(

jmdajr

I know this isn't the fantasy thread but I don't give a shit.

Who should I start tonight - Stafford or Cutler? I think I'm fucked either way. I should have started Freeman yesterday :(

Well you have Stafford to Calvin connection, but Bears D might make that a problem.
On the other hand, you have Jay Cutler.

Top Bottom