• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Mrbob

Stafford hasn't been that great against the Bears in his career. There is also a 70 percent chance Fatford will have a season ending injury during tonight's game as well!

jmdajr

...against probably the worst secondary in the league.

Well according to NFL.com, Detroit ranks 16th on pass defense. But I don't really follow the Lions.

I started Eli against the Redskins who rank LAST on passing D, and I sure as heck didn't get the points I thought I would have.

Well according to NFL.com, Detroit ranks 16th on pass defense. But I don't really follow the Lions.
They haven't played anyone with an offense that's worth a damn.

...with Brandon Marshall as his primary receiver.
He can throw to that pregnant WR Jeffery. Too bad Knox is out.

Bears aren't playing the Saints or the Buccaneers this week.
Stop tempering my hyperbole.

jmdajr said:
I started Eli against the Redskins who rank LAST on passing D, and I sure as heck didn't get the points I thought I would have.
Know your history on that one. Eli has always struggled against the Redskins defense. Prior to yesterdays game:

Eli vs the Washington Redskins

15 Games
Giants Record 10-5
55.2 Completion %
3250 yards
12 TDs
2 Rushing TDs
13 INTs
6.57 YPA

The rest of the division for anyone interested:

Eli vs. the Dallas Cowboys

16 Games
Giants Record 9-7
60.8 Completion %
4065 yards
32 TDs
18 INTs
7.47 YPA

Eli vs. the Philadelphia Eagles

17 Games
Giants Record 7-10
58.9 Completion %
3941 yards
28 TDs
18 INTs
7.2 YPA

(courtesy of JoeyBigBlue at BBI)

jmdajr

Know your history on that one. Eli has always struggled against the Redskins defense. Prior to yesterdays game:

15 Games
Giants Record 10-5
55.2 Completion %
3250 yards
12 TDs
2 Rushing TDs
13 INTs
6.57 YPA

Well my other QB was Tom Brady. He scored me just one extra point over Eli.
Same story. Division Rival.

Biggest bomb on my team was AJ Green. Even though Stellers are not what they used to be, they sure held him in check.

Jeffery is out

vzh99.jpg

Ain't no party like a Kellen Davis party because Kellen Davis don't dro...

Hmm.

Ok I guess Matt Forte will have a big night!

Mrbob

How does the Bears play affect the eznark and bionic theory of sucking to win a title?

Team is 4-1, but outside of 3 halves (First half Indy, second half Dallas, second half Jacksonville) the offense has played like garbage all season.

Looking forward to them sucking towards another victory tonight!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Eli Manning

for

Phillip Rivers
Shawne Merriman
Nate Kaeding
Roman Oben

I don't remember Oben as part of that trade but Eli has far surpassed any expectations I ever had for him. God I remember that first start against the Ravens in 2004. That was brutal. 0.0 QB rating haha

Wellington said:
God I remember that first start against the Ravens in 2004. That was brutal. 0.0 QB rating haha
The Ravens were just fucking with him that whole game, too. Poor young Eli against one of the leagues best defenses....yeah. Kurt Warner had to get in there and rescue him.

Woodson broke his collarbone? fml. Our linebackers keep getting hurt!

Looks like he's out "only" 6 weeks. Good. The road to 8-8 9-7 continues!

bionic77

I don't remember Oben as part of that trade but Eli has far surpassed any expectations I ever had for him. God I remember that first start against the Ravens in 2004. That was brutal. 0.0 QB rating haha
It is early this year but so far Eli has been the best qb I have seen this year.

And without a doubt he is probably the greatest virgin athlete the world has ever seen. AC Green was the champ before that, but he was a role player. Maybe those racist old boxing coaches are right that sex weakens your legs and takes away your focus. It is going to be a sad day for every Giant fan when Eli finally gives it up to his wife. Hopefully he can wait until he can retire and hopefully 35 pent up years of virginity does not kill her.

Remember when Ben and Eli were seen as up and comers and Rivers was the elite player? My how quickly fortunes can change!

Greg

shit, I didn't even know he was injured in the game

at least it saves the Packers from a regular holding/PI call

eznark

Banned

Henne
Skelton
Bye Week
Fatford
Eli
Ponder

Those are the six QB's we face. Of those, the bye week is probably the only one other than Eli that scares me.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I've actually seen some great play break downs on espin today: Why Cruz was open and how Romo's TD was a great throw and a terrible decision.

Ya, pretty much all of NFL Gaf owes him an apology.

Fuck that. Winning games while playing an easy schedule is fool's gold. It's the reason why lots of new coaches look great one year and like bums the next.

bionic77

How does the Bears play affect the eznark and bionic theory of sucking to win a title?

Team is 4-1, but outside of 3 halves (First half Indy, second half Dallas, second half Jacksonville) the offense has played like garbage all season.

Looking forward to them sucking towards another victory tonight!
The theory of shit only works if you have a qb and defense who can get hot at the right time. You don't have to be good all year, you just have to be good for 3 or 4 games in the postseason (and be lucky in the games you are not good).

Now the Bears defense is already playing great and might even play well in the playoffs, but as far as I know no one has ever won a SB by faking injuries in big moments. So I think while the Bears might end up being garbage and in theory have a title shot, their qb will hold them back from going all the way.

Henne
Skelton
Bye Week
Fatford
Eli
Ponder

Those are the six QB's we face. Of those, the bye week is probably the only one other than Eli that scares me.
tbh, losing Woodson hurts the run defense more right now. We have too many wusses in the secondary.

ps: The Edward Jones dome was at least 40% Packer fans yesterday. It was kinda awesome.

squicken

From PFF

Janoris Jenkins gave up 9 receptions on 11 targets for 121 against The Packers. This a week after he gave up 9 receptions on 9 targets against Miami

The dude has regressed big time. Overall the coaching staff is doing a good job, except with the WRs and DBs. 3 second round picks and none are helping at all

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It is early this year but so far Eli has been the best qb I have seen this year.

And without a doubt he is probably the greatest virgin athlete the world has ever seen. AC Green was the champ before that, but he was a role player. Maybe those racist old boxing coaches are right that sex weakens your legs and takes away your focus. It is going to be a sad day for every Giant fan when Eli finally gives it up to his wife. Hopefully he can wait until he can retire and hopefully 35 pent up years of virginity does not kill her.

Remember when Ben and Eli were seen as up and comers and Rivers was the elite player? My how quickly fortunes can change!

Wasn't Doug Christie a virgin for a long time too? Tebow was the second virgin QB ever to win a playoff game, they should give him a shot in Jet land.

squicken

Fuck that. Winning games while playing an easy schedule is fool's gold. It's the reason why lots of new coaches look great one year and like bums the next.

Was thinking about the "hey Sanchez isn't so bad" posts from last night. He was playing New England. Kind of like the "CJ2k is back" tweets from yesterday. Opponent matters, which makes Rodgers' destruction of HOU so impressive

bionic77

Wasn't Doug Christie a virgin for a long time too? Tebow was the second virgin QB ever to win a playoff game, they should give him a shot in Jet land.
I didn't know Christie was a virgin. He was famous because his wife traveled with him so he didn't cheat on her (smart woman).

Tebow's virginity is even more impressive than Eli's because he is ripped and doesn't look like a fucking goofy goober. If Tebow was ever allowed to play and could continue to resist the temptations of the flesh I am sure he would go on to win at least 5 Superbowls. Of course the Jets won't let that happen and are determined to stay irrelevant with Sanchez as qb and Tebow on the bench.

JABEE

Hopefully Jason Peters comes back soon. We need him. On second thought, maybe he should get healthy first. A ruptured Achilles is a tough injury to come back from, but he ruptured it again in like April. I hope for the best.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

LOL at Detroit's defensive line forcing anyone to do anything other than forcing me to vomit.

Also, somebody seriously asked if they should play Cutler over Stafford tonight? Really? Cutler is going to have a huge night.

Was thinking about the "hey Sanchez isn't so bad" posts from last night. He was playing New England. Kind of like the "CJ2k is back" tweets from yesterday. Opponent matters, which makes Rodgers' destruction of HOU so impressive

Wait, so you mean the way to cure Cam's deficiencies at QB is to play against the Saints defense every game?

Top Bottom