• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

bionic77

OB-UZ892_COUNT1_NS_20121017224804.jpg
So the last time we had 7 or more teams at .500 at this point in the season the Steelers won the SB?

I knew our shit to glory strategy was going to work this year! We have already completed phase one of being a steaming pile of shit so we are 50% of the way there towards another SB!

Andy Reid's son apparently died of an accidental heroin overdose:

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8851541

A source told Action News on Thursday morning that 29-year-old Garrett Reid died from an accidental heroin overdose.

Garrett Reid was found dead in his dorm room on Aug. 5 at Lehigh University in Easton, where he was assisting the team's strength and conditioning coach during training camp.

Garrett Reid's addiction first became public in 2007 when he admitted he was high on heroin when he ran a red light while driving his Jeep and rammed a car.

For Garrett and his family there came a serious of arrests and re-arrests for probation violations, and the smuggling of drugs into his jail cell.

Wes said:
That doesn't seem correct to me in some cases. It shows 1 unbeaten team through week 6 in 2008 but weren't the Titans and Giants both unbeaten at that point? I remember the Titans being 10-0 the same year before they lost to the Jets....

EDIT: Nevermind. The Giants had already lost to the Browns by week 6. Continue onward....

Bowser

That doesn't seem correct to me in some cases. It shows 1 unbeaten team through week 6 in 2008 but weren't the Titans and Giants both unbeaten at that point? I remember the Titans being 10-0 the same year before they lost to the Jets....

Giants lost to Cleveland in week 6 so they were 4-1 through week 6 (Bye in week 4)

Bowser said:
Giants lost to Cleveland in week 6 so they were 4-1 through week 6 (Bye in week 4)
Yep. I was just looking at the scores on NFL.com and realized that. It's not surprising. I've culled that Cleveland game from memory.;)

Fantomex said:
The term accidental confuses me.
Addicts don't have a sense of control/being measured about their use. In other words, he meant to get high not to take enough of the stuff to end his own life. Hence accidental as opposed to being ruled suicide.

Super nervous about tonight's game. Seattle has always played the Niners tough even when they were bad...

Some random thoughts after 6 games

Defense- I don't think the defensive unit is as good as it was last year. Last year that unit was the epitome of bend but don't break defense, especially in the red zone. This year it seems like we surrender more touchdowns in that area. I expected the turnovers to drop off but it definitely seems like once teams get into the red zone against us this year, they've been scoring at a good rate..

Special Teams- I had an inkling that Blake Costanzo would be missed during the offseason when he signed with the bears and sure enough there's realgm article the other day saying precisely that. I personally think that our special teams has dropped off because we don't have as many players that solely play special teams as we did last year.

Offense- Roman is way too cute with the play calling at times, though it's much improved, especially our running game from a consistent yardage moving standpoint. There hasn't been many gamebreaking home run plays off our running game but our line is consistently winning the battle which allows Gore et al to consistently get good running lanes instead of having him run up against a brick wall in hopes that he'll break one. In terms of the passing game, I think we're pretty much seeing top tier Alex Smith play at this point. One read, check down/safe plays. I don't think Kap as is right now is the answer since he seems to have very little situational awareness despite his physical talents.

I promised I wouldn't complain about the Niners this year and just sorta sit back and appreciate more what this team is doing (which is why I'm not complaining after games) so here's hoping that there's another gear that they're saving for the stretch run.

Godslay

Banned
They don't make them anymore. Sorry :-(

Too bad.

I called you a homer and you haven't gotten over it in two weeks. You must have hated high school.

No I didnt like you before that going back to last season. Calling me a homer is fine. I just think youre a dick in general and not just to me.

As far as high school is concerned, I see that you must still be in high school judging by your attempts at insulting me. Go try that on Fantomex, it might work better than your mom's basement insult you tried on him.

That's such a shame. However the term "accidental overdose" has always been weird to me. It's like he accidentally punched a lion in the mouth too hard. Bad things are bound to happen with stuff like that. The term accidental confuses me.

Accidental overdose as opposed to intentional overdose.
Welcome to English.

Dragon

Banned
No I didnt like you before that going back to last season. Calling me a homer is fine. I just think youre a dick in general and not just to me.

As far as high school is concerned, I see that you must still be in high school judging by your attempts at insulting me. Go try that on Fantomex, it might work better than your mom's basement insult you tried on him.

Hyping up Tebow deserves dickery. I'm way more of a dick to Steelers fans than I've ever been to you. You don't see them crying about it.

bionic77

Ask Bionic, he's a rich lawyer.
I will give $1000 to the first person who gets a tattoo on their face that includes the Steelers logo, their love for the team, and the number of a famous Steelers player.

And I don't give a fuck if they spend the money responsibly after that.

Quick Giants practice/injury report for today:

Jacquain Williams, Rocky Bernard, Kenny Phillips and Da'Rel Scott all not practicing today. All will be out for Sunday.

Ahmad Bradshaw, Hakeem Nicks and Chris Canty are all practicing today. This is the first time Hakeem has practiced two days in a row all season long.

Travis Beckum is still riding the bike. He will return to practice next week and will be off the PUP list shortly thereafter.

I will give $1000 to the first person who gets a tattoo on their face that includes the Steelers logo, their love for the team, and the number of a famous Steelers player.

How the fuck am I supposed to get a fanous steelers phone number?

K-19

Banned

You'd better pay 1000 bucs for somebody that will lick your ass. People deserves dignity sometimes, not to be ashamed for the rest of their life.

Milchjon

There is a lot of tension here lately, lots of anger, I'll admit, sometimes even I respond a little feisty.

Let's all be more like Greg, he's always nice and happy. #GREG2012

Also, here's a happy Dutch song for you people : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZkbhA1NcTM

MOTHERFUCKING GEMA, WHY DO YOU HATE HAPPINESS

This did nothing to ease my tension. In fact, it made it worse. No wonder Germans are so grumpy when we're always denied happy things

bionic77

How the fuck am I supposed to get a fanous steelers phone number?
The answer to your question is either be a hot dirty whore and hang out in the lobby of the players when they are on the road OR be a fat, drunk ugly girl in a shitty southern bar.

Though I was referring to their jersey numbers.

bionic77

You'd better pay 1000 bucs for somebody that will lick your ass. People deserves dignity sometimes, not to be ashamed for the rest of their life.
I am already giving him 1000 dollars and now I have to give him the honor of licking my asshole?

Jesus. You people are relentless. Get a job you bums. That way you can earn your 1,000 and pay someone to let you lick their asshole.

Otherwise I told you how I would be willing to consider giving you the money.

That song sucks.

Blane Gabbert made you hate happiness huh :(

Look at what you made me do....

I don't know what's being said, but the video had me at this:
ENOka.png

:jnc

MOTHERFUCKING GEMA, WHY DO YOU HATE HAPPINESS

This did nothing to ease my tension. In fact, it made it worse. No wonder Germans are so grumpy when we're always denied happy things

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9se4u8RPc88

This one? I don't understand how those bastards can block every fucking video, start a revolution.

K-19

Banned

It get me like the gif of the baby in the Funny thread.

There is a lot of tension here lately, lots of anger, I'll admit, sometimes even I respond a little feisty.

Let's all be more like Greg, he's always nice and happy. #GREG2012

Also, here's a happy Dutch song for you people : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZkbhA1NcTM

You have that too in your country? lol, feel better now.

Top Bottom