• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Zee-Row

Banned
I love throwback week for the Bucs

20091108_zaf_s70_038-Josh-Freeman.jpg

squicken

The Texans deciding to pass on Peyton Manning and extend Matt Schaub is probably going to end up as one of the dumber things any team will ever do. Watching the condensed versions of those two games and Schaub is as skittish and timid and noodled armed as ever.

Milchjon

I like Trance and House. All Electronic music is good except Dubstep which is multi-team fan level of bad.

I would agree but the best of the best, once in a generation, French DJs outshine everyone.

I even like Dubstep.

I like everything but Jack Johnson. Jack Johnson makes me wanna choke someone.

And Jazz isn't my thing either. But it's easy to shut it out.

these are my all time fav baltimore jerseys

2XNUg.jpg

:jnc

Certain genres were a complete turnoff for me when I first got into heavier stuff (technical death metal). Despite me loving it now, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone that's new to metal and interested in developing an appreciation for what it can be.
Exactly. Unfortunately it seems like a lot of insular communities tend to frown on this type of maturity. If someone wanted an introduction to "heavier" metal I would probably suggest something like As I Lay Dying (who I also still happen to enjoy). I wonder how folks in the metal thread would respond to that...

I love throwback week for the Bucs

20091108_zaf_s70_038-Josh-Freeman.jpg
I really love these uniforms.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What do you calm the Afrojack, Swedish House Maffia, Calvin Harris and stuff like that? House music? I like that as well.

Swedish House Mafia has one or two decent songs for me but mostly Armin Van Buuren is my go to guy. Most of the stuff he produces for his record label Armada Music is really quite good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsPJ3w7D0bQ (caution: soccer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu8RZ5wCpis&feature=plcp

Tiesto isn't nearly as good as Armin these days but I liked this one that came out a while ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-5mGwyhruo

I'm seeing Armin Van Buuren next Friday!

so jealous :\

also dubstep is awful...I hate when XM channel 52 is nothing but dubstep and then redeem themselves with Armin's A State of Trance.

Levyne

Banned
Weird that supposedly the Bears won't wear the orange alts at all this year. They might be wearing their 1940's throwbacks ("Monster of the Midway") against the Panthers (weird choice) and the home game against the packers.

Milchjon

Has anyone ever been to Ultra Music Festival? I'm not the biggest fan of Electronic Music, mostly because I'm physically unable to dance until I'm drunk out of my mind, but seeing some of the videos of it makes me wanna go there some day.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Has anyone ever been to Ultra Music Festival? I'm not the biggest fan of Electronic Music, mostly because I'm physically unable to dance until I'm drunk out of my mind, but seeing some of the videos of it makes me wanna go there some day.

I'm pretty sure most white men suffer from this disease.

cdyhybrid

Swedish House Mafia has one or two decent songs for me but mostly Armin Van Buuren is my go to guy. Most of the stuff he produces for his record label Armada Music is really quite good as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsPJ3w7D0bQ (caution: soccer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu8RZ5wCpis&feature=plcp

Tiesto isn't nearly as good as Armin these days but I liked this one that came out a while ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-5mGwyhruo

so jealous :\

also dubstep is awful...I hate when XM channel 52 is nothing but dubstep and then redeem themselves with Armin's A State of Trance.

This is the lineup...Going as Luigi :p

jmdajr

The Texans deciding to pass on Peyton Manning and extend Matt Schaub is probably going to end up as one of the dumber things any team will ever do. Watching the condensed versions of those two games and Schaub is as skittish and timid and noodled armed as ever.

I don't know if there was any truth to the rumor that PeyPey was interested in us.

I'd be fine if someone was on me for not playing well, but I'd also be offended by baseless jabs at my character.
Yeah, I don't blame him for his response at all. Honestly he has had plenty of opportunities to be extremely obnoxious about his success if he really wanted to, considering how the microscope was all over him when he first got the role as a starter. I think he's kept a much more level head than most guys in his position would.

cdyhybrid

I don't recognize anyone on that lineup :\

I'm guessing there's some dubstep put into that lineup because you just can't have an electronic show in the US without ruining it with a bunch of dubstep.

I'm relatively new to electronic music so the only ones I've heard of besides Armin are Morgan Page and Flux Pavilion (because Kanye sampled one of their songs :p).

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Flux Pavilion is great, though.

I gave it a shot and no. It's still bad. I'm pretty sure you either like the wub-wubs or you don't. It might be mostly because I'm more into vocal trance of electronic music that's more melodic where the bass line isn't necessarily the main focus.

I'm relatively new to electronic music so the only ones I've heard of besides Armin are Morgan Page and Flux Pavilion (because Kanye sampled one of their songs :p).

I liked the few songs I just tried for Morgan Page.

Also, I've been listening to electronic music for more than a decade and I'm convinced that it's nearly impossible to keep up with it all. Then again, I don't branch out very far from the State of Trance stuff since that usually gives a highlight of what's out there.

Milchjon

I gave it a shot and no. It's still bad. I'm pretty sure you either like the wub-wubs or you don't. It might be mostly because I'm more into vocal trance of electronic music that's more melodic where the bass line isn't necessarily the main focus.

I think I like them mostly because of the aforementioned dancing impairment ;-) They make it rather easy for me to get moving.

Strangely enough, hip hop seems to make it the easiest.

Greg

I need to keep you electronic fans in mind for when I finally release an EP. I've been working on some stuff for a while now, but I don't even know how to classify it because I listen to music with electronic elements, but not a lot that's purely electronic.

Cagey

Banned
For diving into trance, just dive into podcasts. All update weekly, and each artist has a different sort of taste that comes out in the songs selected in each set.

Trance
- Above & Beyond: Trance Around the World
- Markus Schulz: Global DJ Broadcast
- Armin van Buuren: A State of Trance

Trance w/ House
- Gareth Emery: The Gareth Emery Podcast
- Tritonal: The Air Up There

House w/ Trance, (and some) Dubstep
- Tiesto: Club Life

Sean Tyas has the Titanium Sessions podcast, but I'm not a fan.

squicken

I don't know if there was any truth to the rumor that PeyPey was interested in us.

Mortensen also mentioned that the Denver Broncos are a more likely candidate than people think, and if the Houston Texans would express their interest in Manning, the deal could be closed within 24 hours. But whichever team he picks, Mortensen believes they'll need to be focused on football.

http://www.arizonasports.com/?nid=40&sid=1512035

Mort is super tight with the Mannings. If he says it, it's true

Listen bro, I know it hurts. To see Peyton in his old form, and shitty ass Schaub doing shitty ass Schaub things. Peyton wanted to come to Houston and do what Elway did with Shanny and Terrel Davis. But in their infinite, oh so Texans, wisdom, they decided they'd rather have Scahub

jmdajr

http://www.arizonasports.com/?nid=40&sid=1512035

Mort is super tight with the Mannings. If he says it, it's true

Listen bro, I know it hurts. To see Peyton in his old form, and shitty ass Schaub doing shitty ass Schaub things. Peyton wanted to come to Houston and do what Elway did with Shanny and Terrel Davis. But in their infinite, oh so Texans, wisdom, they decided they'd rather have Scahub
They guy kicked our ass for nearly a decade. Not really that sad about him not being here.

Talon

<3

new album sucks though, they want to be animal collective so badly, but no one can compare to AC
Yeah that album was a real disappointment.

I don't really have a favorite band. Listen to everything except country...and metal (sorry Greg!).

Bread

Banned
I loved Odd Blood. Thought it was a lot more consistent than All Hour Cymbals.
wow, i thought the thing that made AHC so much better was the consistency, it wasn't a perfectly paced album, but the songs were beautiful. They had that folk style nailed down, I've been disappointed at the direction they went after Tightrope.

Top Bottom