• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

squicken

I mean, sure they get away with stuff, but I really don't think it's more than any other team gets away with. People have been complaining about it forever, if it were really that bad, the refs would be looking for it. Unless one believes there's some conspiracy by the league to allow Seahawk DBs to hold on every play, in which case I give that person a hearty :jnc!

i told you it's like the 90s knicks. they do it every play that it sort of gets lost. it's like oh he's grabbing onto the WRs arm as he tries to catch it but he was doing that the past twenty yards as they ran. the constancy of their holding throws off the officials. it's so crazy that they miss it

cdyhybrid

i told you it's like the 90s knicks. they do it every play that it sort of gets lost. it's like oh he's grabbing onto the WRs arm as he tries to catch it but he was doing that the past twenty yards as they ran. the constancy of their holding throws off the officials. it's so crazy that they miss it

Then you should bitch at the refs.

That's a problem with the refs, not the team themselves. Stupid to bitch about a team doing things they can get away with. Every team would do the same thing if they could.

Okay, but you were arguing that they weren't committing those penalties and instead they were unfairly getting a bad rap. So which is it - are they not doing it, or doing it and not getting caught?

I think it's more that they're so consistent with it that they just don't call it. Happens all the time. A team gets a rep as being so physical that if you were going to call them on every penalty you'd call them every play. People were complaining about that with the Boston Celtics during their '08 Championship run.

Hunter S.

Oh damn, I was rooting for the sea chickens for a friend, but seeing fmt's old bitchlicking makes supporting the 49ers a team I would otherwise give a rats ass about all worth it. Jnc

cdyhybrid

Okay, but you were arguing that they weren't committing those penalties and instead they were unfairly getting a bad rap. So which is it - are they not doing it, or doing it and not getting caught?

I think it's more that they're so consistent with it that they just don't call it. Happens all the time. A team gets a rep as being so physical that if you were going to call them on every penalty you'd call them every play. People were complaining about that with the Boston Celtics during their '08 Championship run.

There are a few ways you can look at this. Either:

1) The refs don't see the supposed penalties they are committing.
2) The refs see the supposed penalties they are committing.

If 1) is true, bitch at the refs and convince your team to do the same because they apparently are terrible at their jobs.

If 2) is true, that leads to another fork in the road. Either:

A) They see the "penalty" but aren't calling it because it's not an actual penalty, or
B) They see the "penalty" but aren't calling it because there is some understanding among the referees that Seahawks DBs are not going to be called for committing this penalty.

If A) is true, there is nothing to bitch about. Either convince your team to do the same or deal with it.

If B) is true,
you're delusional
there is nothing your bitching is going to do about it, because the refs have already decided to fuck you over.

So to recap, if you believe the Seahawks are indeed committing penalties that aren't being called, one of the following must be true:

1) The refs are awful at their jobs.
2) There is no actual penalty.
3) There is a conspiracy to let the Seahawks DBs get away with these penalties.

In all three of these scenarios, the actual player has no fault, so your rage is misplaced and a waste of your energy.

What do I believe? I believe it doesn't matter whether they are committing these supposed penalties or not, because if it were really as bad as you say, they'd be throwing more flags. The refs miss calls in every game, so obviously our DBs are going to get away with a few, but to suggest that somehow the Seahawks DBs are convincing the refs to not call it is laughable. Won't stop me from using it as troll ammo, though.

I don't think Wilson is the answer at QB, but he had the deck stacked against him tonight:

- The play was either going to be a run, or Play action.

- Seahawks receivers can't catch.

I have never seen a gameplan where every throw was designed as a big shot down the field. If that's all Wilson's good at, he shouldn't be out there. If it isn't, open up the game for him. Stupid.

Yes, they were doing him no favors with the play calls tonight. Then again, great QBs can make lemonade out of lemons.

preach on sister!

I still don't like the 49ers, sorry. Sucks living here in the bay area too because of that (especially at the local pub). Born and raised in WA, will always be loyal to the teams there, even if we suck and always have one problem or another stopping us from being competent. :)

Keikaku

I still don't like the 49ers, sorry. Sucks living here in the bay area too because of that (especially at the local pub). Born and raised in WA, will always be loyal to the teams there, even if we suck and always have one problem or another stopping us from being competent. :)
Good! If you started cheering for the 49ers after only being in the Bay for 2 years (it was 2 years ago that you posted the thread about your move down, right?) I'd probably hate you more.

I live up in Seattle with a house of hardcore Seahawks/Mariners fans and that shit can be hard sometimes. The Niners are still my team though, just as they have been through all the shit years since I started watching them.

And Seattle teams never have just one problem stopping them lol

Good! If you started cheering for the 49ers after only being in the Bay for 2 years (it was 2 years ago that you posted the thread about your move down, right?) I'd probably hate you more.

I live up in Seattle with a house of hardcore Seahawks/Mariners fans and that shit can be hard sometimes. The Niners are still my team though, just as they have been through all the shit years since I started watching them.

And Seattle teams never have just one problem stopping them lol

One year now and I don't care for those fair-weather fans. Surprised someone remembered though!

K-19

Banned
Unexpected win, I am happy now. Gore is a good player, the offense have potential but Alex Smith is a real handicap. What about trading Eli Manning?

cajunator

Banned
I remembered because one of my best friends works at Nintendo out of Redwood Shores and she mentioned that she was getting a new co-worker. Until you mentioned otherwise, I thought you might be working with her.

what is this I don't even

It could be unless it isn't but if its not then what is it?

bigosc2k

Banned
SUCK OUR DICKSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SEACHICKENS!!!!!!!!!

fuck pete carroll you fucking sorry ass bitch go back to coaching US womens soccer you aint shit in the NFL, fuck you russell wilson you aren't tall enough to ride the niner express you fucking midget you are the worst QB in the league 3 yards passing in the 2nd half before harbs gifted you that 16 yards and a 0 rating lolololllllllll, fuck you richard sherman you stupid ass bitch why didn't you go up to alex smith after the game, fuck you marshawn lynch you fucking ugly motherfucker taste the rainbow that is the niners collective dicks, fuck the entire city of seattle you fucking hippsters i'd probably be depressed all the time too if i had to live in that shitbin, fuck you braylon edwards you fucking fraud you still suck dick a new uniform wont change that, fuck you refs fucking ridiculous non calls, fuck you scott mcgloughlan no matter how much niner trash you collect you'll never be as good as us you drunk fucking loser, and best of all EAT A BAG OF DICKS TROLL, KIRYU, AND EVERY OTHER SEACHICKENS FAN ON THE BOARD!

NINERS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH!!

Welcome back man I missed you

Milchjon

Unexpected win, I am happy now. Gore is a good player, the offense have potential but Alex Smith is a real handicap. What about trading Eli Manning?

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling! Why stop at Eli, why not Rodgers? But I guess the Niners never had a chance to get him. Too bad.

hjarbaugh.gif

K-19

Banned
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling! Why stop at Eli, why not Rodgers? But I guess the Niners never had a chance to get him. Too bad.

The top would be Tom Brady. The thing is that we don't have female locker for him in SF, at least I never heard of that. Dream okay, but we must still realistic.

K-19

Banned
If GAF wasn't so up tight with the swearing I would make FMT rants look like child's play, but I can't even use the freaking N word on here.

Can't go full hood mode up in this bitch. =(

Swear in French, I'll teach you. I think that French have the best insult vocabulary. It sound well and only a few people understand it here.

I remembered because one of my best friends works at Nintendo out of Redwood Shores and she mentioned that she was getting a new co-worker. Until you mentioned otherwise, I thought you might be working with her.

what is this I don't even

Nope, I don't work at Nintendo, though they probably know my husband! He fixes their crap when it breaks. Maybe they're talking about Kate? I dunno how recent you're talking.

There are a few ways you can look at this. Either:

1) The refs don't see the supposed penalties they are committing.
2) The refs see the supposed penalties they are committing.

If 1) is true, bitch at the refs and convince your team to do the same because they apparently are terrible at their jobs.

If 2) is true, that leads to another fork in the road. Either:

A) They see the "penalty" but aren't calling it because it's not an actual penalty, or
B) They see the "penalty" but aren't calling it because there is some understanding among the referees that Seahawks DBs are not going to be called for committing this penalty.

If A) is true, there is nothing to bitch about. Either convince your team to do the same or deal with it.

If B) is true,
you're delusional
there is nothing your bitching is going to do about it, because the refs have already decided to fuck you over.

So to recap, if you believe the Seahawks are indeed committing penalties that aren't being called, one of the following must be true:

1) The refs are awful at their jobs.
2) There is no actual penalty.
3) There is a conspiracy to let the Seahawks DBs get away with these penalties.

In all three of these scenarios, the actual player has no fault, so your rage is misplaced and a waste of your energy.

What do I believe? I believe it doesn't matter whether they are committing these supposed penalties or not, because if it were really as bad as you say, they'd be throwing more flags. The refs miss calls in every game, so obviously our DBs are going to get away with a few, but to suggest that somehow the Seahawks DBs are convincing the refs to not call it is laughable. Won't stop me from using it as troll ammo, though.

A dichotomous key? In NFL-GAF?

What is this...I don't even.

squicken

Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF
Last night Alex Smith completed only two passes over 10 yards in the air. 70% of his passing yards came after the catch.

Giants rookie David Wilson

“I think at the end of my career, I’ll be in the Hall of Fame,” Wilson said. “I know myself, and I know [when] I have guys around me that feel the same way, which I feel I do. When I get my opportunity, the sky is not the limit. I think it’s past it. You have to believe in yourself to do good things. This is how I feel.”

http://www.newsday.com/sports/colum...ilson-has-hall-of-fame-expectations-1.4131143

edit: Why did the upset Seachickens fan write all that? It's not hard. The refs suck at their jobs. SEA fouls the whole way down the field so there's no suddenness to any starting or stopping. Sherman is grabbing the arm of the WR from release to before the ball gets there. There's no wild arm swing to see. That's what the refs look for when calling fouls. Sudden changes of motion

squicken

Russell Wilson's 9/23 from last night is Jamarcusesque. Not a good sign if you're the Seahawks, but their defense still played pretty well.

Welp now you've done it. There were so many dropped passes or otherwise he'd look really awesome!!!!!

Brandon Weeden has awful stats but also is the victim of the most drops passes. Yet there aren't legions of people screaming about it in his defense

cajunator

Banned
Why? Friday is the best. Well unless you're like me and it's the day where you realize you have so much work and so little week left...

IVe said before because Friday is in the middle of my work week.
Its my Wednesday and its usually the busiest clusterfuck day with the most shit going wrong.

Hmm... apparently there are talks of the Dolphins trading for Bowe, I guess I missed that yesterday. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that trade but they could definitely use a true number 1 receiver. Of course, draft picks are important for a rebuilding team so I'm not sure the potential sacrifice would be worth it.

squicken

Hmm... apparently there are talks of the Dolphins trading for Bowe, I guess I missed that yesterday. I'm not sure how I'd feel about that trade but they could definitely use a true number 1 receiver. Of course, draft picks are important for a rebuilding team so I'm not sure the potential sacrifice would be worth it.

hmmm not sure. Miami needs speed and he doesn't have it. For now, anyway, I'd regard any rumors as KC just trying to drive up the price. Considering he wants a new contract, he's not really worth much. Brandon Lloyd was worth a 4th last year, and he was much better, and also at the end of his deal

Milchjon

Would love that. They play the Pats twice, so he'd get me a lot of FF points against that secondary.

Who cares if it's the missing piece that would cost the Pats the playoffs.

effzee

I don't think Wilson is the answer at QB, but he had the deck stacked against him tonight:

- The play was either going to be a run, or Play action.

- Seahawks receivers can't catch.

I have never seen a gameplan where every throw was designed as a big shot down the field. If that's all Wilson's good at, he shouldn't be out there. If it isn't, open up the game for him. Stupid.

Dude. That is all Philly does.

squicken said:
Giants rookie David Wilson talks about hall of fame silliness
Might want to pick up pass protection schemes and get more than a few carries per game, Rook. It's all well and good to be confident and aspire to things but concentrate on the shit you need to do to even get on the field right now.

Seanspeed

Banned
Russell Wilson's 9/23 from last night is Jamarcusesque. Not a good sign if you're the Seahawks, but their defense still played pretty well.

Wish he would have played like this against the Patriots instead of having the game of his life. Grrrrr.
Yea, lots of dropped passes, I know

Anyways, DOWN WITH THE JETS.

Top Bottom