• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

squicken

I still don't understand why the 49ers drafted a WR and RB with their first two picks last year.

Marv Levy has a quote that is essentially "for every rookie you start, subtract one win"

For a guy like Harbs, who loves FGs and QBs who don't throw passes, that dated axiom is probably part of his football fiber

MechDX

I think that is going to go over most peoples' heads.

00192740.zoom.a.jpg

Eh

Personally Greg should stand out and wear this:

mAh6ll5RRPiL0KHC5yd20Jw.jpg

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
What I don't understand about this Geno's guy is why the need to have a sticker saying "order in English".

Do people just walk up and attempt to order in Spanish or something?

squicken

This is shocking information --no one

Former Steelers doctor charged with conspiracy to distribute steroids, HGH

A doctor who worked 22 years for the Steelers faces 185 counts relating to his practices since leaving the team.

According to the Cleveland Plain Dealer, Dr. Richard Rydze faces charges in Northern Ohio of conspiracy to distribute steroids, HGH, and painkillers.

Prosecutors contend that Rydze distributed the substances from September 2007 through March 2011 “for unauthorized uses such as bodybuilding and athletic performance enhancement.” While the steroids portion of the case doesn’t overlap with Rydze’s time with the Steelers, he’s accused of obtaining more than 21,000 Vicodin tablets from February 2005 through October 2011.

In 2009, ESPN tried to make a smoke-fire connection between Rydze and the Steelers, without evidence that Rydze ever gave steroids or any other banned substance to Steelers players. The curiously-timed report came as the Steelers were migrating through a playoff tournament that resulted in their most recent Super Bowl win. Alas, ESPN ultimately declined to make its reporter, Mike Fish, available to answer basic questions about the story.

It’ll be interesting to see whether and to what extent ESPN dusts off the story in the hopes of raising questions about whether Rydze was giving steroids or HGH to Steelers players.

Maybe they’ll wait for Pittsburgh’s next postseason game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...d-with-conspiracy-to-distribute-steroids-hgh/

wienke said:
Do people just walk up and attempt to order in Spanish or something?
Next time I'm in Philly, I'll do just that. Just to fuck with him.

Never tried Geno's but Pats is good and I like Tony Luke's as well.

Fisher for Coach of the Year. Noone can match his genius coaching techniques .

Clay-imitation
Needless to say, the Rams are preparing for linebacker Clay Matthews.

But coach Jeff Fisher went the extra mile. He had practice squad player Sammy Brown wear a blond wig while he played the role of Matthews, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

"I thought it was pretty cool," defensive end Chris Long told the paper. "Clay's are a little bit more flow-y. But I almost thought it was Clay Matthews."

Bowser

What's the story here?

I dunno. Grover used is earlier and I thought it was appropriate for that news...FUCK.

Who is the girl in your avatar?

Priyanka Chopra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEVTwUH1zZI

"A highly-recruited Ohio basketball star collapsed in court after a judge sentenced him to prison for assaulting and kidnapping his girlfriend. Courtroom news cameras caught the shock on hot college prospect Tony Farmer's face as Cuyahoga County Court Judge Pamela Barker gave him three years for kidnapping in the April incident"

Well now I feel like an ass. Thanks a lot Grover!!

Fox318

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEVTwUH1zZI

"A highly-recruited Ohio basketball star collapsed in court after a judge sentenced him to prison for assaulting and kidnapping his girlfriend. Courtroom news cameras caught the shock on hot college prospect Tony Farmer's face as Cuyahoga County Court Judge Pamela Barker gave him three years for kidnapping in the April incident"

What goes through a man to beat somebody like that?

What did he expect?

Draxal

I heard Pat's and Geno's were tourist traps, while Tony Luke's and John's has more cred (and even then I heard the pork sandwhiches were better then the cheesesteaks).

Here's Kennedy's full statement (via the NFLPA):

The Commissioner of the NFL recently distributed a memo to all 32 NFL teams regarding the alleged Saints bounty program that contained blatant lies about me, thereby adding me to the list of men whose reputations and character have been irreparably damaged by the shoddy, careless, shameful so-called investigation behind this sham proceeding. Roger Goodell identifies me as the "whistleblower" who approached former Viking coach Brad Childress about an alleged bounty on Brett Favre in the NFC Championship game.

That is a lie. I had no knowledge about any alleged bounty to reveal to anyone, and I never informed anyone that I did. Contrary to the false information disseminated by the NFL, Coach Childress approached me and asked me if I knew anything about such an allegation, and I told him the truth: I did not. I had no knowledge of any such alleged bounty.

Roger Goodell also states that I was interviewed by the NFL about the alleged bounty. That is another lie; I was never interviewed by the NFL, unless the NFL considers two 30-second conversations when I told NFL Security that I had no knowledge of any such allegations "interviews." I certainly do not.

After the second phone call that I received from NFL, in which I once again told the person that I had absolutely no knowledge of any alleged bounty, I called my agent, who then retained an attorney for me. We informed the NFL Security person that further contact with me should occur through my attorney, and interestingly, we never heard from the NFL again.

The third lie that Roger Goodell told about me is perhaps the most upsetting because it involves a man for whom I have great respect and affection, Anthony Hargrove. The NFL states that Anthony Hargrove told me about the alleged bounty on Brett Favre. That is an utter lie; it simply never happened. I never discussed an alleged bounty with Anthony Hargrove before, during or after the NFC Championship game. The only discussion I have had with Anthony about the alleged bounty occurred when we recently spoke about the NFL's egregiously flawed and unjust investigation and proceeding.

I am not one of the players who has been officially disciplined by the NFL as part of this sham, but I now know that I too have been damaged by the NFL's complete disregard for truth and integrity.

I still don't understand why the 49ers drafted a WR and RB with their first two picks last year.

Good teams draft for depth. Who would you have taken at those spots that would've started? Lets say we took a DE. Who is he going to replace? Justin smith? Or a safety... Starting over goldson? Don't get me started on LB and our oline has been good in pass protection and dominant in run blocking

squicken

Good teams draft for depth. Who would you have taken at those spots that would've started? Lets say we took a DE. Who is he going to replace? Justin smith? Or a safety... Starting over goldson? Don't get me started on LB and our oline has been good in pass protection and dominant in run blocking

bruh you could have had 2012 All Pro and 2030 HoF inductee Russell Wilson

bionic77

ESPN Expert picks for anyone interested:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/picks

(14/14 Giants? DOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!)
:lol

I picked the Redskins myself. Total trap game for G-man, though they are the better team.

And Steeler fans don't worry, Ike Taylor said the statistics show that he and our defense don't suck balls! He also does not want to be criticized anymore. Maybe to avoid that criticism he still start defending players and stop being penalized!

Mrbob

ESPN Anchor

And Tagliabue is now hearing appeals for the Saints scumbag players?

Why is still going on? Payton and Williams already admitted to the system, just ban the Saints from the league, strip Brees of all his records, and blow up the SuperDome already!

I love how Fujita and the NFLPA are using an ESPN report from 1996 that a "bounty" system has been allowed in the NFL for years. Because getting incentives for an INT, strip fumble, or sack is the same thing as trying to injure someone.

ESPN Anchor

And Tagliabue is now hearing appeals for the Saints scumbag players?

Why is still going on? Payton and Williams already admitted to the system, just ban the Saints from the league, strip Brees of all his records, and blow up the SuperDome already!

Because Vilma isn't man enough to admit what he has done. Then you've got the NFLPA. They didn't bother to address Goodell's power during the collective bargaining process, so they've seized this opportunity to undermine his authority. I hope Tabliabue brings the hammer down hard on these clowns.

bionic77

lol how are people picking the Bengals? Seems insane.
So is picking the Steelers. That guy who picked the Bears was the only guy who made a pick that made any sense for the Steelers game.

Also, for teams with a shitty FG kicker Yahoo! just discovered the FG kicker of your wet dreams. HS kid kicks a 67 yard bomb to send game into overtime. The kick almost looks fake. I don't know what the fuck they are feeding kids anymore. When I was in high school a 40+ yarder was a big deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highs...stin-rehkow-hits-remarkable-67-143909130.html

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bengals over the Steelers makes sense - the Steelers aren't any good.

I can't believe that many people are expecting the Cowboys to go on the road and beat the Panthers. If theres anybody that can make Cam look good again its Dallas. They are going to get crushed.

Top Bottom