• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Fox318

In February of 2005 Tom Brady was 27 years old, had three Super Bowls, and was coming into [h]is prime. Now he's 35, still has three Super Bowls and is exiting his prime. How is this possible? Trading 80% of your first round picks is a start. Wasted prime.
—Muzz, Woburn MA
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8524001/a-hierarchy-hypocrites

Levyne

Banned
Some future image worthy material here...

The Many Faces of Jim Harbaugh

harbaughlol_medium.gif

He's got those crazy eyes....

Reminds me of

Is+judge+Doom+from+Who+Framed+Roger+Rabbit+_656937eee6a2f5eef7305b8440004c41.jpg

cashman

Banned
Luck went to Stanford. Weeden games get aired in the Tulsa market, Bradford games in OKC, and RG3 games in Waco when there's no Cowboys overlap (I think Jerry claims the entire state of Texas as his home market)

yep, it's pretty obvious that most of the outliers are in strong college markets. Austin used to always get Browns games and Titans games before that. I don't think Jerry can claim anything south of waco though

edit: Actually the ones who are getting screwed over this week are people from Shreveport and East Texas. Nobody gives a shit about the saints over there.

Flacco's gonna roast 'em. :(

I really hope not. Though thinking about it this season is really similar to the Rats - beating the shit out of mediocre to poor teams.

Also, they don't look like they can play from behind well.

Texans should win that game.
Ravens have lost a huge amount of defensive impact players.

They only lost one since Suggs - Lardarius Webb.

When the best praise ESPN can give you is that you're the "emotional leader" of a defense you know you're washed up.

squicken

Kind of sad that that I'm terrified Wayne Hunter is going to probably miss the Packer games. He's like the third worst rated LT according to PFF. The problem is that the solution is moving Ojinaka over from LG, where's he's already the second worst guard (PFF), or some guy they signed off Oakland's practice squad 2 weeks ago.

I don't know what in the fuck the Rams did but they need to sacrifice however many virgins are needed for the OL injuries to stop. I still think Fisher was a moron for not addressing the issue in the offseason. The worst scoring offense in 20 years and really no substantial upgrades. People talk about regretting RG3. I regret not taking Kalil

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Kind of sad that that I'm terrified Wayne Hunter is going to probably miss the Packer games. He's like the third worst rated LT according to PFF. The problem is that the solution is moving Ojinaka over from LG, where's he's already the second worst guard (PFF), or some guy they signed off Oakland's practice squad 2 weeks ago.

I don't know what in the fuck the Rams did but they need to sacrifice however many virgins are needed for the OL injuries to stop. I still think Fisher was a moron for not addressing the issue in the offseason. The worst scoring offense in 20 years and really no substantial upgrades. People talk about regretting RG3. I regret not taking Kalil

I think the upside is that there are plenty of great offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that you certainly don't have to take a tackle as high as Kalil was taken. The question becomes, do you trust your front office to to find them with that sack of draft picks they picked up?

squicken

I think the upside is that there are plenty of great offensive lineman in the first three rounds, that you certainly don't have to take a tackle as high as Kalil was taken. The question becomes, do you trust your front office to to find them with that sack of draft picks they picked up?

They didn't even try in the last draft. The first lineman they took was in the 5th round, and that guy was stashed on IR. They signed Wells with their annual offensive linemen overpay scholarship. I was salty during FA and the draft and still am. They devoted all their resources to the defense so they could keep games close. That strategy makes Fisher look good but it does little for the long term prospects of the team.

Curious how GB's injuries affect their blitz. STL has been bad in blitz pickup. RBs whiff constantly and the left side can't pick up a looping LB to save its life

Fox318

Maybin, Coples fined; Greene honored
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Darts and laurels came the Jets' way today.

Friday is fine day in the NFL, and the league released information on two fines pertaining to the Jets. Linebacker Aaron Maybin was fined $7,875 for unnecessary roughness. The league found that he struck an opponent with his elbow.

Defensive end Quinton Coples was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness, which was grabbing Colts quarterback Andrew Luck’s facemask.

For the good news, Jets running back Shonn Greene was named the FedEx Ground player of the week with his 161-yard performance against the Colts. Rex Ryan said the running game responded to a great week of practice before that game.

"We did a better job on the back side then we had done in the previous weeks," Ryan said. "That allowed Shonn to get a little bit of room, and he doesn't need much. We just need to get (him) some."

Are you fucking serious? You are gonna fine for a fucking facemask? It was penalized during the game!!

Goodell needs to go.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He should have been fined more. That was such a fucking stupid penalty and he did it absolutely on purpose, yanked and twisted on his facemask to take him down to the ground and never let go. It was moronic and dangeous, fine was totally justified.

eznark

Banned
Maybin, Coples fined; Greene honored

Are you fucking serious? You are gonna fine for a fucking facemask? It was penalized during the game!!

Goodell needs to go.

Perry got fined $15k for tackling Luck hard in the chest. Jets got off light.

Fox318

He should have been fined more. That was such a fucking stupid penalty and he did it absolutely on purpose, yanked and twisted on his facemask to take him down to the ground and never let go. It was moronic and dangeous, fine was totally justified.
The only time players should get fined for on the field stuff is when they target a players head, balls, or they pull a William Regal and pull some knucks out.

SANTA CLARA -- Coach Jim Harbaugh has an issue with the Seattle Seahawks' pass defense. And he is going to the league office in hopes of receiving some clarity well in advance of the 49ers' next meeting with their NFC West rival.
The Seahawks have a pair of big, young cornerbacks who like to play physical at the line of scrimmage. Richard Sherman, who played under Harbaugh at Stanford, is 6-foot-3, 195 pounds. On the other side, Brandon Browner is listed at 6-4, 221 pounds.

Several times Thursday night, Sherman and Browner appeared to get away with possible defensive holding penalties while locked up against receivers Michael Crabtree, Randy Moss and Kyle Williams.

[RELATED: Alex Smith makes it too easy for defenses]

"I wouldn't use the words, 'locked up,'" Harbaugh said Friday, the day after the 49ers' 13-6 victory over the Seahawks. "We'll take that up with the officials (NFL office) and get their view of it."

Quarterback Alex Smith said Sherman and Browner probably should've been called for illegal contact "several times" in Thursday's game.

"If this is a point of emphasis of no contact after 5 yards, no question," Smith said.

"They've done it all year. When they played Green Bay, they were doing it to all those guys, (Greg) Jennings, all those guys. You turn on the Patriots (film) and same things," Smith added. "That's what they do. It's who they are. They're good at it. It's what they play, big corners, physical guys. I don't know how we didn't get a call. It seems like it gets called once a game and then it doesn't get called again."

Harbaugh said he hopes to get a well-defined answer from the NFL after submitting his official inquiry.

"I think it's just important thing to address," Harbaugh said. "What is this all being defined as? Is it physical play within the rules? That's the biggest question. Is it within the rules what's happening. We have to ask that question. We have to know what the interpretation is."

There was another specific play that Harbaugh could not believe went the 49ers' way. On a second-and-10 from midfield, Smith was beginning to throw as Seahawks defensive lineman Chris Clemons grabbed Smith by the facemask. The pass, intended for Michael Crabtree, went awry and referee Walt Anderson did not call a penalty on the play.

"It's not impossible to throw the ball when your helmet is turned and you're looking out the side of the earhole, but it makes it a lot harder," Harbaugh deadpanned.

xlarge.jpg

suck his balls NOW cheatin' pete!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAWAWWAWA WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

baby needs a bottle

baby already got his bottle (victory). now he's going to fuck a divisional opponent even more in the process! you're just mad that your boy russell wilson has been exposed as the worst QB in the league. but remember ez, no matter how many black QB's you feign fandom for it will not forgive the sins of your past!

It's going to be so awesome when Russell Wilson knocks their asses out in the playoffs.

wasn't one bag of dicks enough for you jets fan?

eznark

Banned
baby already got his bottle (victory). now he's going to fuck a divisional opponent even more in the process! you're just mad that your boy russell wilson has been exposed as the worst QB in the league. but remember ez, no matter how many black QB's you feign fandom for it will not forgive the sins of your past!

Wilson significantly outplayed Smith yesterday, and I have yet to hear him in tears like Hardon the Crying Cunt and his pet cuckold.

Wilson significantly outplayed Smith yesterday, and I have yet to hear him in tears like Hardon the Crying Cunt and his pet cuckold.

lulz

this season alex smith has:

1. better qb rating than wussle
2. more yards than wussle
3. better completion % than wussle
4. better ypa than wussle
5. more td's than wussle
6. less int's than wussle
7. more wins than wussle

if it weren't for harbaugh being generous on that last play and letting wussle have his 16 yards, alex smith would have had near 40 times the passing yards of wussle in the 2nd half and alex only had 81 yards passing in the 2nd half LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Troll

Banned
lulz

5. more td's than wussle
7. more wins than wussle

if it weren't for harbaugh being generous on that last play and letting wussle have his 16 yards, alex smith would have had near 40 times the passing yards of wussle in the 2nd half and alex only had 81 yards passing in the 2nd half LOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Preach brotha

eznark

Banned
lulz

5. more td's than wussle
7. more wins than wussle

I love the way you cherry pick time frames for your stats. It's my favorite thing about you next to biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch and that black face picture.

Despite almost throwing for 40 times the yards!!!!!!!! as Wilson in the second half, Smith only outthrew him by 18 yards. LOLOL

Top Bottom