• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2012 Week 7 |OT| Shhhhhhhh

Mrbob

Yikes. Sunday is a bad day for football match ups. Afternoon/Sunday Night games suck. Jets/Pats, yawn who cares. Pats will just bury the Jets again in a blow out. Then a battle of two mediocre teams in SNF. There are two potential decent match ups all day:

Washington at New York

Baltimore at Houston

Time to find something else to do Sunday!

bionic77

Can we all agree that Thursday Night football sucks and should be abolished?

I know the NFL Network doesn't have enough programming content for the entire week but that is not our fucking problem. I don't like games on Thursday. It is a weird time for games and it is a pain in the ass to have to pick my games for the office pick em on Wednesday. At that time we don't even know who is going to play on Sunday!

Mrbob

I like that there is football on Thursday so we don't have to wait till Sunday. However Thursday is way too soon to play after a Sunday game for these teams as every Thursday night match up has been garbage.

Maybe the NFL should mandate Thursday Night games can only happen after a bye week, but this would probably be impossible to schedule. Plus they couldn't have a Thursday Night game every week like they want.

Keikaku

Niners made great adjustments during the half but our performance in the 1st half was really bad. Smith folds under such a small amount of pressure sometimes but his general inconsistencies are really troubling.

Nope, I don't work at Nintendo, though they probably know my husband! He fixes their crap when it breaks. Maybe they're talking about Kate? I dunno how recent you're talking.
She still works there in their PR department. I have no idea anymore what I'm remembering from the thread and what my memory is screwing up. Oh well :)

bionic77

Niners made great adjustments during the half but our performance in the 1st half was really bad. Smith folds under such a small amount of pressure sometimes but his general inconsistencies are really troubling.
He missed so many throws in the first half by laughable margins.

He had tons of time most of the game as well.

It was a game at home as well.

Harbs is probably going to fuck him up the ass the rest of the week so he can forget about how close he was to getting Manning.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I know the NFL Network doesn't have enough programming content for the entire week but that is not our fucking problem. I don't like games on Thursday. It is a weird time for games and it is a pain in the ass to have to pick my games for the office pick em on Wednesday. At that time we don't even know who is going to play on Sunday!

I disagree.

Ultratech

Bengals over the Steelers makes sense - the Steelers aren't any good.

I can't believe that many people are expecting the Cowboys to go on the road and beat the Panthers. If theres anybody that can make Cam look good again its Dallas. They are going to get crushed.

For them, it's a winnable game. However, it's also just as likely the Cowboys will outperform them and grasp defeat from the jaws of Victory (a la the Ravens).

mr2xxx

Banned
I love football on Thursday, lets me focus on one game instead of trying to watch multiple games on Sunday with my ADD riddled mind. I would suggest they get rid of a pre-season game and just add another bye week for each team to have more schedule flexibility and rest for players.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yikes. Sunday is a bad day for football match ups. Afternoon/Sunday Night games suck. Jets/Pats, yawn who cares. Pats will just bury the Jets again in a blow out. Then a battle of two mediocre teams in SNF. There are two potential decent match ups all day:

Washington at New York

Baltimore at Houston

Time to find something else to do Sunday!

There are 4 games I want to watch at 1pm. Then apparently I'm done for the day. Jets @ NE probably sounded good to the media but in reality Sanchez is playing bad for Sanchez (is such a thing even possible?).

Mrbob

Deadspin just posted an article talking about the strange nature of NFL regional tv coverage:

http://deadspin.com/5953213/nfl-tv-schedule-whos-getting-the-shaft-this-sunday

Some great quotes:

Baltimore at Houston—now that's a game. Will Terrell Suggs return and revive a depleted but still heralded defense? Will the Texans' strong O and D lines finally make casual fans notice how helpful it is to have strong O and D lines? Only two teams in the AFC are over .500. These are those two teams.

But here, San Francisco, you get Cleveland at Indianapolis. Yep, just you, and no one else west of Missouri. Go fuck yourself.

VIKEBIKE assemble!

Thanks to a strong year for the NFC, all five games airing on Fox in this slot are decent. Sure Arizona and Minnesota are a combined 8-4, but wouldn't you rather see RG3 take on Manningface? Wouldn't you rather watch Carolina beat Dallas, 49-42? Someone has to win Arizona-Minnesota, and then both teams will finish a combined 9-23.

San Fran is truly getting a raw deal Sunday. Worst match ups possible in the early in late games. The early CBS programming coverage doesn't make sense. Why would a tiny section in the extreme west of the country be the only part west of Missouri to get Cleveland/Indy?

My theory is NFL wants everyone to get Red Zone instead of watching games on network TV.

bionic77

I disagree.
For people's with lives it is pretty inconvenient.

I am ok with Thursday night games for the last part of the season after the Thanksgiving game, but I don't enjoy it for the entire year. And honestly most of the games are sloppy as fuck because teams are not able to turn it around that quickly.

mr2xxx said:
lets me focus on one game instead of trying to watch multiple games on Sunday with my ADD riddled mind.
The wonders of Red Zone. It does the ADD part for you and makes sure you get to see the good shit.;)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I am ok with Thursday night games for the last part of the season after the Thanksgiving game, but I don't enjoy it for the entire year. And honestly most of the games are sloppy as fuck because teams are not able to turn it around that quickly.

Yeah, because Thursday night is such an important time for work/family time. That makes a lot of sense.

mr2xxx

Banned
The wonders of Red Zone. It does the ADD part for you and makes sure you get to see the good shit.;)

It makes just make things worse for me. I want to watch my team but then I have one of my fantasy players on redzone and watch that, then I miss out on some incredible RG3 play. I'd rather have two games everyday of the week but my my GF will break up with me lol. So I guess three days a week is good enough compromise.

kingslunk

It makes just make things worse for me. I want to watch my team but then I have one of my fantasy players on redzone and watch that, then I miss out on some incredible RG3 play. I'd rather have two games everyday of the week but my my GF will break up with me lol. So I guess three days a week is good enough compromise.

Haha the gf line so true. I was driving with my GF one day and she just out of the blue goes, football season needs to end already. I was like YOU SERIOUS IT JUST STARTED? Gfs and their need to bitch about football.

Dez Bryant is now questionable for the game with a groin injury. Who will step up and be the one to drop the game tying catch at the end of the game now? Does Ogletree have what it takes?

jakncoke

Banned

my work pick em just takes the thurs game and we pick the sunday/monday games

LiveWire

I'm very curious to see the final W/L records (and final injury reports) of teams that were involved in TNF games this season. Why do I have a feeling 3 or 4 playoff teams in the league will have not played a TNF game this season?

Hunter S.

I love footie on Thursday when it is an AFC match I care about or a cool NFC rivalry match. I find it funny that football is just about the only sport primarily played on Sunday while the rest of the worlds sports are primarily on Saturday. When the browns play on a non-Sunday game it is bad for NFL.

Edit: Hey, Cajunator, I cannot wait to see yah in two weeks. Going to turn you guys into fried chicken and other southern fattie shit.

Some future image worthy material here...

The Many Faces of Jim Harbaugh

harbaughlol_medium.gif

He's got those crazy eyes....

cashman

Banned
unrelated, but cloud atlas looks super ambitious. Pretty curious to see if they can pull it off.

Dez Bryant is now questionable for the game with a groin injury. Who will step up and be the one to drop the game tying catch at the end of the game now? Does Ogletree have what it takes?
Jerrah's homeboy Andre Holmes will save the day.

unrelated, but cloud atlas looks super ambitious. Pretty curious to see if they can pull it off.

Jerrah's homeboy Andre Holmes will save the day.

I think that whoever they throw out there will have better chemistry with Romo than Dez did. It's clear that Romo doesn't trust him
because Dez is a retard. Literally.

Top Bottom