• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

simples

Banned
main event time

oX5l7dU.jpg

So, as a bit of a football novice, can someone just clear something up for me? Can you actually pass the ball back after a catch like in rugby? I realise no one ever does it, but is it technically legal?

rando14

Code:
New Orleans Passing

[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]C/ATT	YDS	AVG	TD	INT	RAT.[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
D. Brees	24/43	309	7.2	1	0	86.3
M. Colston	0/1	0	0.0	0	0	39.6

Vire

You guys act like if he would have gotten out of bounds the Saints would have won easily.

They still would have had to heave a Hail Mary AND get a two point conversion.

In theory, they were shooting for a cross field lateral to catch Seattle off-guard. Three problems:

1) There was ample time to get out of bounds and run a better play.
2) Seattle D was still on assignment, so the intended target wouldn't have done anything.
3) Dude was five yards too far up field and Colston still threw it. Bonehead.

It's one thing to be outplayed - and the Saints were certainly outplayed - but playing dumb football can kill any chances of winning. Saints go a ton of breaks today with the bad fumble call, the lucky Meachum catch, and the onside kick, and just squandered it with bad playcalls, penalties, poor clock management, and just boneheaded game awareness.

Seattle was just the smarter team, and that includes just sitting on the ball in the second half and letting the Saints beat themselves.

Godslay

Banned
You guys act like if he would have gotten out of bounds the Saints would have won easily.

I don't think anyone is saying that. With 2 seconds left, you at least have a shot to the endzone.

brentech

This is worse, buttfumble didn't mean shit for the Jets outside of just being embarrassing for Sanchize. This lost the Saints a chance at a Super Bowl run.

it was really bad and is buttfumble worthy, but lets not get away with ourselves like if he gets out of bounds its auto TD

You can pass it backwards, just not forwards.

Thanks. I guess just given the nature of the game it's unlikely that it ever happens. Just wanted to check the brainfart was indeed for not going out of bounds and not being like "Herp, I'll just pass it again!"

Although I suppose it's a bit of both.

Greg

"NEVER GOING TO GET THE ONSIDE KICK - GAME OVER!!!!!"

things happen

i feel like with 9 seconds left (if he stepped out) the saints could've gotten maybe one more play to move closer and then bomb it. not out of reason for the saints maybe to move to the 30/25 and have one more shot.

p.s.

isn't it legal in arena football to throw the ball like that?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My mind is still trying to process what the hell Colston was thinking but all I can muster up is mlohsaoflkaofhigblkfasfhbkjfa.

Top Bottom