• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

HIS HAIR IS WET FOR NO REASON

AND I DON'T KNOW WHY

iE4l9wDChb2h8.gif

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sitting here in the man cave, surrounded by screaming kids, still in shock. I'm fairly certain that you can't throw it forward like that, Saints.
Wilson better pull the stick out of his ass next game.

GO HAWKS

brentech

Thanks. I guess just given the nature of the game it's unlikely that it ever happens. Just wanted to check the brainfart was indeed for not going out of bounds and not being like "Herp, I'll just pass it again!"

Although I suppose it's a bit of both.

tossing it backwards is common in close games at the end of the game. Sometimes after a turnover, at any point in the game, some defenses will do it as well. Ravens often did it in order to get the ball to Ed Reed because he had good speed and vision once he had the ball in his hands.

but yeah, you can never throw it forward twice in one play. even if the ball is batted back to the QB, he can't throw it forward again.

Tamanon

Banned
The Colston play almost looks like he thinks if he throws it from behind where he catches it, then it's a good pass. He seemed to deliberately run backwards before throwing it.

Syrinx

You guys act like if he would have gotten out of bounds the Saints would have won easily.

They still would have had to heave a Hail Mary AND get a two point conversion.

It wasn't really because it cost them the game because it didn't; they almost certainly don't win. But it's just such a boneheaded play that every NFL player knows better than to do that.

Because evil never wins.
I've seen enough Patriot victories to know that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

If they play even remotely as badly as they did against the Chiefs, they have zero chance. None at all.
Wish I could help!
You are not helping.

Secretly, the Patriots aren't perfect.
Andrew Austen Luck.
Have you seen the Patriots play this season? We also have half our starters on IR. So no way they will blow out the Colts with the way Luck is playing.
Tell me more...

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't get me wrong, this is an incredibly bad play...but I don't think it's 40-Week-Long-Reign-As-Worst-Of-The-Worst level.

#DEAD

I don't see how it isn't!

I'm struggling to think of a worse buttfumble type play in the playoffs, unless you want to count Andy Reid's clock management for however many seasons running.

I still crack up at that gif of Nate Kaeding after missing all those field goals!

Top Bottom