• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Figured NFL-GAF would be the best crew to give this to in honor of the playoffs....

First person to correctly identify the team that will be holding up the Lombardi trophy in Super Bowl XLVIII will receive a PM with a steam key for a copy of Metal Gear Solid Revengeance.

Choose wisely!

Figured NFL-GAF would be the best crew to give this to in honor of the playoffs....

First person to correctly identify the team that will be holding up the Lombardi trophy in Super Bowl XLVIII will receive a PM with a steam key for a copy of Metal Gear Solid Revengeance.

Choose wisely!

Gonna say Seahawks.

Double Post. My Bad.

rando14

Best thread ever on gaming side involving Nintendo.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=748235&page=1

ibhcURmvw0K39u.gif

Greg

Choose wisely!
Colts!

Tom Penny

Pulp was revolutionary though. Shawshank was just a great movie.

I don't know about that. I will say the only parts of Pulp I didn't like is when he with his pregnant girl. Kind of slow.

Writing was impecable

The Wolf: You guys look like... What do they look like, Jimmie?
Jimmie: Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.
Jules: Ha-ha-ha. They're your clothes, motherfucker.

Choose wisely!

Chargers.

Choose wisely!

49ers.
nice giveaway

edit: Ha! Like the colts have any chance.

Choose wisely!
Since the two most fraudulent teams were already picked:

Saints!

bionic77

I don't know about that. I will say the only parts of Pulp I didn't like is when he with his pregnant girl. Kind of slow.

Writing was impecable

The Wolf: You guys look like... What do they look like, Jimmie?
Jimmie: Dorks. They look like a couple of dorks.
Jules: Ha-ha-ha. They're your clothes, motherfucker.
So many movies copied Pulp or were influenced by it. More than any other recent movie that I can think of. I can't remember indies being part of pop culture before Pulp either. Thanks to Pulp John Tavlota became a star again and it was so influential that Sam Jackson has been in every movie since it came out.

I almost got in trouble at work cause I argued that Alex Smith is better than Romo. Do you guys agree?

I'd say no, but the attraction of Alex Smith is he won't throw games away for you. He won't neccessarily win them, but he'll never lose them. Tony Romo is a terrific quarterback for 57 minutes every game, but he has thrown more than one game away for the Cowboys in the clutch moments because he has to carry the weight of the team on his shoulders and he presses to make plays.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how your team is constructed. If you're the 2011 Niners, you can afford to field goal and punt your way to an NFC Championship game because your defense is historically great. Put Alex Smith on the 2013 Cowboys though and they would struggle to win 4 games.

bionic77

I'd say no, but the attraction of Alex Smith is he won't throw games away for you. He won't neccessarily win them, but he'll never lose them. Tony Romo is a terrific quarterback for 57 minutes every game, but he has thrown more than one game away for the Cowboys in the clutch moments because he has to carry the weight of the team on his shoulders and he presses to make plays.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how your team is constructed. If you're the 2011 Niners, you can afford to field goal and punt your way to an NFC Championship game because your defense is historically great. Put Alex Smith on the 2013 Cowboys though and they would struggle to win 4 games.
Was the Niners defense historically great?

They were more balanced to me than totally dominant at any one thing.

Tom Penny

So many movies copied Pulp or were influenced by it. More than any other recent movie that I can think of. I can't remember indies being part of pop culture before Pulp either. Thanks to Pulp John Tavlota became a star again and it was so influential that Sam Jackson has been in every movie since it came out.

Not for nothing. He probably stole Pulp Fiction from another movie which he has done a lot. Still a great movie.

pretty much, it really depends on how you want to define them, Alex won't light up the score board but might not cost you a game either, with romo he can lead the come back or sink your team but he'll put up great numbers

Was the Niners defense historically great?

They were more balanced to me than totally dominant at any one thing.

They were a dominant run defense paired with a pretty average pass D. They were 2nd in scoring (actually .1 more points per game than the Steelers), 1st in rush defense (by a large margin), but 16th in pass D.

Top Bottom