• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Remember when Bob McGinn said Seneca Wallace and Scott Tolzien were as good as Rodgers?

McGinn is a good writer on national issues and awesome at draft coverage, but he is a petty and petulant fanboy when talking Packers.

He does have a point in the article though - The Packers aren't improving, while the rest of the NFC North is. Biggest move in the division is the Lions firing the incompetent Schwartz.

eznark

Banned
could've gotten some good depth players with some more cap cash!

i guess. i'm not talking shit on erron because you take an elite QB and a garbage D every day. just saying that there are teams with really good defenses who will have to let some of those good players walk!

Packers had $10m in cap space in 2013. It wasn't a salary cap issue that kept GB from bringing in a defense.

He does have a point in the article though - The Packers aren't improving, while the rest of the NFC North is. Biggest move in the division is the Lions firing the incompetent Schwartz.

I find it difficult to draw any conclusions from this Packers season other than the NFCN really, really sucks and that isn't going to change as long as Stafford is in Detroit and the Bears have an even worse defense than GB.

Packers had $10m in cap space in 2013. It wasn't a salary cap issue that kept GB from bringing in a defense.

I find it difficult to draw any conclusions from this Packers season other than the NFCN really, really sucks and that isn't going to change as long as Stafford is in Detroit and the Bears have an even worse defense than GB.

i thought the packers were up against it with the cap. well at least TT can draft WR's! wish i could say the same about our team. the best WR we have was drafted by mike singletary...

Lol, I just remembered when I was visiting my folks in Southern California, people were wearing Danny Woodhead jerseys...It struck me as incredibly funny and weird.

What about the last 3 seasons then?

Green Bay's defense is almost as awful as Chicago's and doesn't look to improve anytime soon.. I get that the Lions and Bears haven't been able to get their heads out of their own asses long enough to string together wins, but are you that confident of the Pack being able to dominate them and win the North?

It wasn't that long ago that the AFC North was Pittsburgh's to lose.

God, I hope the AFC Championship isn't Rivers vs. Brady. I'd rather see Andy Dalton vs. Brandon Weeden.

Go Pey Pey, save us!

First game, eh..... gotta go Panthers. Coin flip game for me though. Don't care, backing Wussle from here on out in the NFC.

Quick summary of the Colts -

Good season. Went undefeated in the South (not hard this year) and won the division. Won their first playoff game, all with having the most players in the league on IR - including Reggie Wayne, Dwayne Allen, Vick Ballard, and Donald Thomas. Hate losing to the Pats of all teams, but despite quite a few questionable calls, that didn't decide the game at all. Colts got their ass handed to them. Old Bill deserves Coach of the Year, and it kills me to say it isn't even close. If you take the players they've lost through IR, FA, and prison, you could field a pretty damn good football team. It's incredible what he's done this year with the Pats, and COTY shouldnt just go to best record turnaround. Also, hadn't heard of Jamie Collins before this game, but dude is a fucking player.

Going Forward - If Satele and McGlynn are still on this team next year starting.... I don't know. That's all I can say. Pep and Pags need to realize the personnel. Don't treat Luck like a game manager. Let him do what he does. Both lines need retooled. You need at least one more pass rusher. CB2 is a concern. Need to cut your loses with Laron Landry...... just be rid of him. Reminds me of Tom Zbikowski.... not a good thing.

Last thought - Trent Truck. You got swindled. I don't mind rolling the dice. You lost this one bad, it happens. He's cheap, see if something can turn around for next year. But as of now..... it would take a fucking miracle. The play where he ran to the right, had a block, and could have at least gotten 10..... and he stopped, waiting for the Patriots guy to get up from his block and tackle him..... just wow. It MIGHT turnaround.... and I might learn how to fly. Never say never I guess. Looks like one of the worst trades of all time right now. Congrats Browns! Savvy trade!

yea how dare they, right? the broncos didnt play through that whole 16 game preseason to lose in their first real game!

Calling the regular season a '16 game pre-season' has to be one of the worst things ever. Told you Broncos fans are the cockiest bunch here.

kingslunk

yea how dare they, right? the broncos didnt play through that whole 16 game preseason to lose in their first real game!

Nah just can't believe the scores people are posting. 14 points from Denver? That's ridiculous. They have all their offensive weapons back in this game. If they lose the score will be something like 35-31 or 38-34

I generally don't care what happens this postseason, as long as the Pats don't make it to the Super Bowl. I'm scared to death of a Pats/Broncos AFC Championship game for that reason. Belichick owns Peyton in the playoffs.

Bdyxv2HCUAADY9N.jpg:large

Killa's swag is on a billion

Bread

Banned
Nah just can't believe the scores people are posting. 14 points from Denver? That's ridiculous. They have all their offensive weapons back in this game. If they lose the score will be something like 35-31 or 38-34
are you by any chance the quarterback of an undefeated team?

Caja 117

They didn't lose in week 15 (I think this is the correct week) which every team that's won the Super Bowl also has lost in week 15. (Those that played the eagles)

But there is also this, I found on a sport page "Seven seasons in a row, the Redskins have played the eventual Super Bowl champs, and in the last three seasons, Washington has won that game. The 3-13 Redskins beat only one playoff team this year:You guessed it."

Narag

we're only going to score 17 points? heh heh heh

effzee

Has Manning given any indication about retiring if the Broncos do happen to win the SB?

Probably the best way he can go out with statistically the best season a QB has ever had and a SB.

Or does he want to win as many as at least Tom Brady?

Narag

Has Manning given any indication about retiring if the Broncos do happen to win the SB?

Probably the best way he can go out with statistically the best season a QB has ever had and a SB.

Think it came out today his physical exam will determine his playing next year, not playoff results.

I'm sure as of right now he's focused on each game too much to think about post-season plans.

eznark

Banned
What about the last 3 seasons then?

Green Bay's defense is almost as awful as Chicago's and doesn't look to improve anytime soon.. I get that the Lions and Bears haven't been able to get their heads out of their own asses long enough to string together wins, but are you that confident of the Pack being able to dominate them and win the North?

It wasn't that long ago that the AFC North was Pittsburgh's to lose.

Pittsburgh is old. You can't fix old. Green Bay lacks talent at a couple positions. One safety and another linebacker and that defense is above average. Packers are super young. I'm not at all concerned until Fraudgers ages out like Brady.

Bread

Banned

he probably wants some more regular season career records, he won't retire until he gets those.

kingslunk

Guys, I've been waiting too long for broncos to win another Super Bowl. I won't believe that the two teams I dislike the most (chargers and pats) will ruin this for us. It's our year after that terrible excuse of defense last year.

Godslay

Banned
Calling the regular season a '16 game pre-season' has to be one of the worst things ever. Told you Broncos fans are the cockiest bunch here.

Between you, Bread, and Lunchbox, one would think that Broncos fans are about the worst fans in the NFL. Oh well, you guys are entitled to your opinions. I'm not continuing the cycle of hate. Have a good day :)

Bread

Banned
Guys, I've been waiting too long for broncos to win another Super Bowl. I won't believe that the two teams I dislike the most (chargers and pats) will ruin this for us. It's our year after that terrible excuse of defense last year.
no one is going to give you sympathy for waiting a little over 15 years for a title. it's not your year and i hope you suffer.

Top Bottom