• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

MIRROR ON THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL

HERE WE ARE AGAAAAAAAAAAIN

THROUGH MY RISE AND FAAAAAAAAALL

YOU'VE BEEN MY ONLY FRIEEEEEEEEND

YOU TOLD ME THAT THEY CAN UNDERSTAND THE MAN I AM

SO WHY ARE WE HERE TALKIN' TO EACH OTHER AGAIAIAIAIAIN

RUP1Mvq.gif

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Yo chuckddd, any progress on those prison bios?

You can add BlackGhost to the list. KaYotiX and ConradCervantes too, the bios they submitted are way too plain. ;)

Shit. Sorry man. Some friend dropped into town and I've been busy hanging with them. They'll be gone this weekend, so I'll type up some stuff during the games.

Vesmir

Banned
Go panthers for now
Go Hawks

My stepbrother who is a diehard Cowboys fan put down 100 on the Saints for this weekend. Guess he wants to be as much a loser as his team.

squicken

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Cleveland had said it would not reheat its HC candidates from last year but it is making exception for in-demand Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h
Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt is scheduled to have HC interviews with Lions today, with Titans on Friday, and with Browns on Saturday. Busy man

If SD loses, this will not go over well

If SD loses, this will not go over well

This is why coaches who are still employed by active teams shouldn't be allowed to have interviews now. Just have all the meetings after the SB, not like the coach is gonna fix everything because you hired him in January instead of February.

It pissed me off that McD went to Cleveland to talk. If we lose to Indy then I blame McDaniels and te Browns. McDaniels for talking to the Browns and the Brown for inviting him and for injuring Gronk.

Goddamn Browns

Wes

venison crêpe
This is why coaches who are still employed by active teams shouldn't be allowed to have interviews now. Just have all the meetings after the SB, not like the coach is gonna fix everything because you hired him in January instead of February.

It pissed me off that McD went to Cleveland to talk. If we lose to Indy then I blame McDaniels and te Browns. McDaniels for talking to the Browns and the Brown for inviting him and for injuring Gronk.

Goddamn Browns

Likewise if you win you should have to thank the Browns. I like this idea.

Sources tell the Washington Post that the Redskins and Bengals OC Jay Gruden "have made progress toward a possible deal" for him to become their head coach.
ESPN's Adam Schefter chimed in by saying "all signs point to Gruden" for the gig. Jon's younger brother is still scheduled to meet with the Vikings on Thursday, perhaps a leverage play in contract talks with the Redskins. A source told the Post that Gruden seemed to prefer the Titans, who he previously interviewed with, but Dan Snyder might be making him an offer he can't refuse. It's standard operating procedure for Snyder, who throws bags of monopoly money at coaches and players only to use them as a chew toy. Gruden's stock has somehow not been damaged by the Bengals' three consecutive playoff flameouts.
Redskins.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't get how it all works. Gruden used to be this hot candidate, and now this year there are writers chirping about how dumb he is. He should definitely want the TEN job. Why work for Snyder?

Maybe he wants to coach RG3 instead of Locker.

It's not like the Titans are some great team either.

BigAT

Hm...I'm surprised Gruden got the Washington job. He really didn't seem like a Snyder-type of hire.

Quick promotion for Hue Jackson to replace Gruden in Cincy. I guess they wanted to make sure he didn't follow Gruden to the Redskins.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Bengals plan to hire Hue Jackson as their OC, per source.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Is Locker the guy there for sure? Maybe he gets to decide on QB in TEN, but is stuck with RG3/Stafford at those jobs?

That might be true.

Also theres some familiarity with the Redskins in terms of the staff. Saw this in a different article, I'd imagine most or all of these guys are staying:

Gruden has worked in the past with Redskins General Manager Bruce Allen, defensive coordinator Jim Haslett, secondary coach Raheem Morris and tight ends coach Sean McVay. Gruden was an assistant coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers while his brother, Jon, was the team’s head coach and Allen was the club’s general manager. Morris and McVay also were Buccaneers assistants during that time. Jay Gruden worked with Haslett and McVay in the United Football League.

Haslett, Morris and McVay were among the assistant coaches not immediately fired by the Redskins last week when the team fired head coach Mike Shanahan and much of the staff, including offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan and special teams coach Keith Burns. Allen said at the time that the Redskins’ next coach would determine the status of those assistants who were not immediately fired.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
AdamSchefter
Redskins TE coach Sean McVay is expected to become Washington's OC, per league sources

edit: lol he deleted the Raheem Morris part. Guess he didn't get the memo about Haslett.

Drakeon

Well, there goes one of the offensive minded coaches. I'd be shocked if Wisenhunt doesn't end up somewhere too.

AdamSchefter
Redskins TE coach Sean McVay is expected to become Washington's OC, per league sources

edit: lol he deleted the Raheem Morris part. Guess he didn't get the memo about Haslett.

our TE coach as the OC

Haslett as DC

FUCK YOU SNYDER

You look Ted Leonsis bad right now

fucking fuck

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
our TE coach as the OC

Haslett as DC

FUCK YOU SNYDER

fucking fuck

I'm not really seeing the problem here. A really crappy owner would have forced those guys out just for the sake of change.

The new head coach obviously favors familiarity over hiring new guys and the owner is letting him do what he wants. Isn't that what the fans should want?

I am amazed that Haslett was able to survive. Skins D was terrible this year and that was with getting guys like Orakpo back from injury. I think Jruden is a solid hire though.

eznark

Banned
our TE coach as the OC

Haslett as DC

FUCK YOU SNYDER

fucking fuck

The OC role in this team is going to be running practice and film room, game planning, etc. he won't have any play calling responsibilities. He is familiar with the players and will be a nice bridge to the new offense. Gruden will have all Gameday responsibilities (I assume).

What's the problem?

BigAT

I'm not really seeing the problem here. A really crappy owner would have forced those guys out just for the sake of change.

The new head coach obviously favors familiarity over hiring new guys and the owner is letting him do what he wants. Isn't that what the fans should want?

Do you want familiarity and consistency from a team that went 3-13?

Top Bottom