• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

BdeHzMqCQAAp1Yo.png

:jnc!!

MechDX

McDaniels did the same thing in Denver. Took down all the Elway era stuff. Spags did the same thing in STL. Took down the Greatest Show on Turf stuff. Granted, Houston doesn't have the same history, but it's just a stupid thing these coaches do. Not a good start but whatever

Another sign, IMO, of why they WONT take JFF. Bridgewater would be ideal for this type of mentality.

I hate that I love O'Brien much.

Houston's jerseys and colors are so ugly.

Hate that I agree with a hipster. I like the colors but the jerseys are just so "blah"

McDaniels did the same thing in Denver. Took down all the Elway era stuff. Spags did the same thing in STL. Took down the Greatest Show on Turf stuff. Granted, Houston doesn't have the same history, but it's just a stupid thing these coaches do. Not a good start but whatever
Somehow I think it's going to work for O'Brien.

jakncoke

Banned
Gotta love those Arena football stats, pretty soon you wont even be able to tell the difference between NFL/Arena. Jay Gruden arena career stats..

Comp. / Att. 1,675 / 2,797
Passing yards 21,479
TD-INT 397-99
QB Rating 104.72
Rushing TD 5

DMczaf

Schiano did the same bullshit. He even banned the old guard from coming to practices because he thought they were distractions.

You don't fucking tell Mr. Derrick Brooks he's not allowed in One Buc Place!

Bad news. I really want her gone. She is going to scare away any good potential GM candidates because they won't have any power over her.

I was drunk with excitement. Lot of people forget we were complete shit for 10 damn years. I also stated then it was kind of cool but dumb at the same time.

Needed someone in the locker room to stand up and say no. Hindsight 20/20 yada yada yada...
Haha, I know, I'm just messin' with you. If they went on to have a good season it would probably be looked back on fondly. Alas, Shoobiak.

These assessments on Carr are so wrong. He is not his brother. His dink and dunk stats are the only worry. Give him a year to develop under Caraon in Zona and he goodto go.

squicken

Schiano did the same bullshit. He even banned the old guard from coming to practices because he thought they were distractions.

Yep. Spags banned Bruce, Holt, and Faulk from coming around. Martz had let Jim Hannifan keep an office there even though he had retired, and Spags kicked him out. Just a petty, little incompetent man

MechDX

Damn so greats like Petey Faggins, Tony Boselli, Ahman Green, David Carr and Amobe Okoye wont be allowed in? FUCK!

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 12m
From what I’m hearing, #Cardinals DC Todd Bowles believed to be a #Vikings finalist, too, with Mike Zimmer & 1 other.

Something I have been pondering: Why are the Vikings looking at a defensive minded HC?

eznark

Banned
Franklin seems like he was doing some shady shit, I'm kind of surprised Penn St. Was willing to go that route.

A willingness to cover up rape must be a prerequisite.

Yep. Spags banned Bruce, Holt, and Faulk from coming around. Martz had let Jim Hannifan keep an office there even though he had retired, and Spags kicked him out. Just a petty, little incompetent man

Lol the stories of him taking pictures of the super bowl team off of the wall were ridiculous. Seriously just a sociopath

jakncoke

Banned
Franklin seems like he was doing some shady shit, I'm kind of surprised Penn St. Was willing to go that route.

Lose 10 years of wins and nearly get a death penalty for child rape cover up.. hire a coach that could of been involved in a rape cover up. Clearly the school still only cares about money and wins still. That being said, this should be a great hire for Penn St, If he could win at Vanderbilt then he should be able to do great things at Penn St.

A willingness to cover up rape must be a prerequisite.

There's this gem on his wiki page:

During his time at East Stroudsburg, he lived in the University Ridge, where he clogged his toilet a record 14 times, and caused a janitor to quit.

MechDX

He will after the Texans draft his brother.

You wish.

Lose 10 years of wins and nearly get a death penalty for child rape cover up.. hire a coach that could of been involved in a rape cover up. Clearly the school still only cares about money and wins still. That being said, this should be a great hire for Penn St, If he could win at Vanderbilt then he should be able to do great things at Penn St.

I really thought Munchak would be the guy being an alumni and all.

KingGondo

Banned
These assessments on Carr are so wrong. He is not his brother. His dink and dunk stats are the only worry. Give him a year to develop under Caraon in Zona and he goodto go.
How are the assessments wrong if they simply state statistical fact?

He has worse stats at almost every level of passing than Bridgewater, Manziel, and Bortles. The quoted article just relays the stats.

Sure, he could develop. But at this point it's reasonable to conclude that his numbers are inflated by the system he plays in.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 39m

ESPN Report: Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to enter NFL draft.
Cyrus Kouandjio has been linked to the Giants in a few mocks I've seen. Haven't watched much college football. Any scouting on the guy? LJ?

MechDX

http://newsok.com/cleveland-definitely-not-the-right-spot-for-bob-stoops/article/3921637

We kept hearing Bob Stoops' name linked with the Cleveland Browns. Kept hearing that Stoops might finally be ready to jump to the NFL.

The NFL? Maybe some day. Maybe even some day soon.

But the Browns? No chance.

In fact, Cleveland is the prime example of what keeps coaches like Stoops on campus.

The Browns returned to life for the 1999 season. The same year Stoops arrived in Oklahoma.

The Browns have fired six coaches during those 15 years: Chris Palmer, Butch Davis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Pat Shurmur and Rob Chudzinski.

Chudzinski was fired last week after one year on the job.

The new-age Browns also have had six general managers. They've got a new chief executive officer, Joe Banner, who's been on the job 15 months and has fired two coaches.

The company of the Browns' new owner, Jimmy Haslam, is under federal investigation for rebate irregularities.

Oh yeah, Stoops is going to run to that job. Let's see. Shaky ownership. Quick-trigger leadership. No quarterback. Cold weather. In a division with three franchises that do seem to know what they're doing.

What's not to love about that offer?

Gondo you write this? Pretty bad when Okies are talking shit about you.

jakncoke

Banned
Not everyone aspires to be Rape State U

Probably the most successful time period Vanderbilt has ever had. 2 of their 9 all time win seasons came under Franklin, 2 of their all time 6 bowl games came under Franklin, 2 of their 3 all time bowl wins came under Franklin. Coming off the back of back to back 9 win seasons and 3 straight 6 win seasons. Its clear to see this has nothing to do with Penn St and all to do they just lost their most successful coach since Dan McGugin. 9 win seasons back to back in the SEC with Vanderbilt.. may as well been NC to them

Draxal

Franklin was a great hire for PSU and one that I had pegged for a while.

Wonder if he is going to have trouble with the old guard like O'Brien did.

KingGondo

Banned
http://newsok.com/cleveland-definitely-not-the-right-spot-for-bob-stoops/article/3921637

Gondo you write this? Pretty bad when Okies are talking shit about you.
FWIW I agree with him. OU is a great college job, and he's sitting pretty right now after that win over Bama.

No way he leaves for a franchise like the Browns without a truckload of money and total control... and even if they offered that I doubt he'd go.

It sounds like the new front office has done a terrible job of building a stable culture, which is what was needed most.

The OC role in this team is going to be running practice and film room, game planning, etc. he won't have any play calling responsibilities. He is familiar with the players and will be a nice bridge to the new offense. Gruden will have all Gameday responsibilities (I assume).

What's the problem?

I overreacted on the OC, London likes him so I like him.

There's really no defense in keeping Haslett though. The good news is that there's a very good chance that he at least goes at a 4:3 which could soften the blow, along with most of our FA money going towards the defense most likely.

I do like Gruden. Overall I'm going to be patient and give Haslett one last chance to make up for his sins.

Greg

finally got around to watching some of the coach pressers

McCarthy: statistics are for losers

TELL 'EM, MIKE!

Top Bottom