• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Dragon

Banned
You sure it wasn't something fruity and pink with an umbrella in it?

MjAxMy04ZGFiMWM3NWQwMGFlYWE3.png

PatzCU

Broncossssssss!!!! I was super nervous for this game and purposefully did not get my hopes up after the PTSD-inducing Ravens game last year. I'm officially hyped for next week, it's going to be a great game.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Oh well chargers. Nice try. Hope Denver gets shit on this weekend. Pats need a ring!

Chargers will be a solid team next year, and should have another run at the Super Bowl. I expect a drop off from the Chiefs, the Raiders will be the Raiders and we'll see what happens with Peyton and whether he gives it one more season.

Keenan Allen is an absolute stud at WR, and with the draft they can add another WR for depth. They need to add some depth at o-line but thats easy, stud o-lineman can be found late in the draft.

NFL fans are quick to throw a QB under the bus, but Phillip Rivers still has another 2-3 good years left in him. Rivers and Stafford have similar situations. Fans were quick to throw them under the bus after a couple of bad games despite obvious talent and previous success. QBs like pitchers go through slumps, you just need to stick with them.

Peyton Manning's football future will be determined by the results of a March physical on his four-times surgically repaired neck.
Assuming the exam shows Manning's neck is stable, he will resume his career. If increased risk of injury is shown, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Manning "will be forced to decide whether to retire." Manning has made it clear he wants to keep playing in 2014 regardless of whether the Broncos win the Super Bowl. Manning turns 38 on March 24. Asked in his post-game press conference late Sunday if he was already thinking about the exam, Peyton quipped "The only thing weighing on my mind is how soon I can get a Bud Light in my mouth."
Posted?!

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Chargers will be a solid team next year, and should have another run at the Super Bowl. I expect a drop off from the Chiefs, the Raiders will be the Raiders and we'll see what happens with Peyton and whether he gives it one more season.

Keenan Allen is an absolute stud at WR, and with the draft they can add another WR for depth. They need to add some depth at o-line but thats easy, stud o-lineman can be found late in the draft.

NFL fans are quick to throw a QB under the bus, but Phillip Rivers still has another 2-3 good years left in him. Rivers and Stafford have similar situations. Fans were quick to throw them under the bus after a couple of bad games despite obvious talent and previous success. QBs like pitchers go through slumps, you just need to stick with them.

I think it's entirely possible that Peyton would retire if he wins the Super Bowl this season...sounds like he may be forced to retire either way though!

Phillip Rivers is pretty underrated...he's a lot better than a guy like Jay Cutler for instance.

I think it's entirely possible that Peyton would retire if he wins the Super Bowl this season...sounds like he may be forced to retire either way though!

Phillip Rivers is pretty underrated...he's a lot better than a guy like Jay Cutler for instance.

Rivers has three things held against him

A) He has goofy mannerisms on the field. WORST DAY EVER.gif

B) He's outspoken on religion. Unless you're Tebow the Healer and you just win, no one wants to hear that noise.

(And the big one)

C) Elisha and the Rapist have four SB rings between them and Rivers can't even get to the Superb Owl.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

If Peyton wins the SB, I think he goes into the sunset a champion like Elway did.

Phillip has always been underrated. But like I said, especially listening to Southern California sports talk on TV and the radio, fans were calling for his head a couple of seasons ago. Guys go through slumps and I think Phillip went through it for a couple of years for whatever reason. Charger fans and the management got rid of Drew Brees after injury concerns and turnovers and look what happened.

Godslay

Banned
If Peyton wins the SB, I think he goes into the sunset a champion like Elway did.

Phillip has always been underrated. But like I said, especially listening to Southern California sports talk on TV and the radio, fans were calling for his head a couple of seasons ago. Guys go through slumps and I think Phillip went through it for a couple of years for whatever reason. Charger fans and the management got rid of Drew Brees after injury concerns and turnovers and look what happened.

Thought I'd pop in before I go to bed.

He won't, there is no way he leaves that money on the table. He'll be here for the length of the contract, barring injury. If he wins two (which I think is pie in the sky at this point), then I think he'll go out. There has been a lot of conversation over his retirement, if we are lucky it's a ways off yet.

Now I'm going to bed. Have a good one!

Top Bottom