• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

cdyhybrid

no way, I didnt think he had a chance but... could it be happening? Having him back would change so much ;_;

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 36s
Pete Carroll confirms WR Percy Harvin will play Saturday against the Saints.

Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 15s
Carroll on Harvin: NO LIMITATIONS Saturday. 'He stuck with it. He never backed off the process of rehab.' #Seahawks #q13fox

#TheReturn

Didn't Eli throw him 5 int? lol :(

I think he spread the love pretty evenly :p

cdyhybrid

iirc dick had 2 ints that game

oh my god

its happening

Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 14s
Luke Willson and Kam Chancellor will play too, per Carroll. #Seahawks #q13fox

Well, I'm glad Luke isn't dead. Sounds like KJ is the only guy on the active roster that won't play.

Doomsayer

Am I the only one who thinks Patrick Peterson is entirely overrated as a corner? Dude makes some athletic plays and no doubt has all the tools but he really doesn't seem to be a lockdown type of player.

Mollymauk

Curtis Crabtree ‏@Curtis_Crabtree 36s
Pete Carroll confirms WR Percy Harvin will play Saturday against the Saints.

Aaron Levine ‏@AaronQ13Fox 15s
Carroll on Harvin: NO LIMITATIONS Saturday. 'He stuck with it. He never backed off the process of rehab.' #Seahawks #q13fox

#TheReturn

It's happening.
B5nLiKV.jpg

Striker

Any decent FA running backs gonna be available? David Wilson has surgery in mid January and it seems like JR isn't necessarily counting on him. You can't count on Andre Brown who is oft-injured, and is a FA himself. Peyton Hillis can probably return cheaply, but you can't have him being a go to guy, either.

cdyhybrid

Is it really a return if he's never really played?

But he did play!

Masterful handling by Pete and John. They knew going in he wouldn't be ready until late in the season, so they put him in for a play or two against his old team to keep his spirits up. Now he's ready to go and we can unleash him!

Any decent FA running backs gonna be available? David Wilson has surgery in mid January and it seems like JR isn't necessarily counting on him. You can't count on Andre Brown who is oft-injured, and is a FA himself. Peyton Hillis can probably return cheaply, but you can't have him being a go to guy, either.

It's cheaper to just get a RB in the later rounds than trying to get a FA, but I know there are a few just can't think of them at the moment lol

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=RB&Year=2014

Plenty to choose from if they want to bring in a vet. Chris Johnson will probably be out there as well. Though the Giants aren't going to spend real FA money on a running back with the holes they have on the offensive line. Prefer them to put money bringing in an Alex Mack or someone like that.

Striker

http://overthecap.com/freeagents.php?Position=RB&Year=2014

Plenty to choose from if they want to bring in a vet. Chris Johnson will probably be out there as well. Though the Giants aren't going to spend real FA money on a running back with the holes they have on the offensive line. Prefer them to put money bringing in an Alex Mack or someone like that.
Rashad Jennings sounds good but Oakland might try to bring him back.

OL will be both FA and draft. Would definitely love somebody like Mack or Asomoah to shore up a starter for now and the future.

Steve Smith looked slightly worse today in practice than he did the day before, Rivera hasn't definitively said he's a go for Sunday.

Also this:

Joe Person ‏@josephperson 1h
Rivera: Says he's glad that Ric Flair is friends of both teams. "I've met him. He's a good dude."

Consider the beef squashed. A couple of nutjobs on Twitter do not represent the Panthers.

Crisco

Banned
Steve Smith looked slightly worse today in practice than he did the day before, Rivera hasn't definitively said he's a go for Sunday.

Also this:

Rivera: Says he's glad that Ric Flair is friends of both teams. "I've met him. He's a good dude."

Consider the beef squashed. A couple of nutjobs on Twitter do not represent the Panthers.

Better keep that McNutt fucker dressed then. He at least looks like you should cover him.

Bowser

Also this:

It's a game; Smitty is fucking with the media. Twitter reports were that he looked better today than he did yesterday.

Jonathan Jones ‏@jjones9 4h
It's not quantitative but 89 looks much, much better in WR drills today than yesterday.

Am I the only one who thinks Patrick Peterson is entirely overrated as a corner? Dude makes some athletic plays and no doubt has all the tools but he really doesn't seem to be a lockdown type of player.

Only Niner and Rams fans think this namely from last season because Crabtree and Amendola where the two players that made him look bad but he did well against pretty much every other team and gets better each year. This year he hasn't be abused by anyone and even largely dominated Megatron. That 70 plus yard TD play Megatron got because it seemed like Dansby intercepted it makes it look like Megatron had a great game against him but taking away that flukey play (I was there in person and it really did look like Dansby caught it) he had jack shit for yards outside of that play though he did have a 3-6 yd TD against Peterson. I'd say twenty to thirty yards or so and one TD is pretty damn good against Megatron though I don't let Peterson completely off the hook since he should have snapped back into focus and chased him down once he realized Dansby didn't catch it after all.

Next season will be the real test because he goes against 100 percent Crabcakes twice, Megatron, and Dez at the top of my head.

Top Bottom