• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2013 Divisional |OT| Don't Call It A Comeback

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 53m
NE Saturday, Charlotte Sunday RT @josephperson: Ric Flair won't be at #Panthers-#49ers game Sunday, but I'm told Roger Goodell will be

Bread

Banned
gata tell your relatives that a california burrito must contain french fries, ive been robbed of $7. stupid florida.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
should i try mexican food from florida or is that too big of a risk to take

Would it really be Mexican or just the Cuban take on Mexican food? Kind of like how in a lot of places the food is really more or less from El Salvador but they say they are a "Mexican" restaurant.

Would it really be Mexican or just the Cuban take on Mexican food? Kind of like how in a lot of places the food is really more or less from El Salvador but they say they are a "Mexican" restaurant.

Yesterday I was trying to find a place that had pupusas but nothing came up, it was all under "mexican" lol

Spinluck

Yes it can, it absolutely can.

Ya see lil gata, real cities have all kinds of good food. Not like these shitty wannabe cities in Florida that have fried gata and steamed clams on every corner.

I'm pretty sure even though we shouldn't be a state, we have a lot better places to eat than your state full of scumbags and assholes.

rando14

Only mid way through book 1
chapter 23 when Daenerys starts riding cowgirl style

That's awesome!! I always recommend to my friends who've only watched the show to at least read the 1st book, it gives so much insight into Ned Stark's character that the show totally neglects. The memory at the Tower of Joy is just outstanding in retrospect.

Out of all the foods Mexican is 2nd to like Irish food on the scale of suck.

Bad taste in football teams and food, what's your favorite beer? Natty Ice?

That's awesome!! I always recommend to my friends who've only watched the show to at least read the 1st book, it gives so much insight into Ned Stark's character that the show totally neglects. The memory at the Tower of Joy is just outstanding in retrospect.

That's what I kept hearing, I love the lore and back story so I'm going to follow the shows with the books

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/0...an-jennings-on-knbr-cam-newton-owes-me-25000/

Former 49ers long snapper and insightful funny man Brian Jennings has a message for Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. The 49ers meet Newton’s Panthers this Sunday in Charlotte in an NFC divisional playoff clash.

“Cam Newton owes me $25,000, a lot of people don’t know that,” Jennings said on Wednesday morning’s Murph and Mac Show on KNBR.

Jennings implied that an unprepared Newton cost him $25,000 more in a winner’s share after the NFC lost the 2012 Pro Bowl.

“We have Drew Brees with his playbook all week, studying. … We have Cam Newton with his head phones on all week goofing off. … We go into the game, and this guy is chucking the ball all over the place, and everybody is looking around going, ‘What’s this guy doing? Are you kidding?’ The punter and I look at each other and say, ‘We are going to have a long second half.’ We punted five times.”

“He went in there and stank it up. He never looked at his playbook and he’s chucking the ball all over the place. He can’t hit the open guy.”

Newton was 9 for 27 in the game with two touchdowns and three interceptions, which included a pick six to Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson. The NFC was up 35-31, then allowed four unanswered touchdowns in the second half and lost, 59-41.

On a radio show after the game, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said, “I was just surprised that some of the guys either didn’t want to play, or when they were in there, didn’t put any effort into it.”

Here’s the clip on Jennings hilarious riff on Newton. Jennings also said that Panthers offensive coordinator Mike Shula is a “genius” for making Newton into a functional game manager. Remember, Jennings sounds like he is kidding.

Jennings’ comments on Newton start at about the five minute mark.

lulz

Brian-Jennings-300x203.jpg

rando14

That's what I kept hearing, I love the lore and back story so I'm going to follow the shows with the books

Cool!! Ah hmmm actually if you read the 3rd book before watching season 4 you'll be ahead of the show because Season 3 and 4 split the 3rd book in weird order. The show has also made quite a few character changes but shouldnt be too confusing.

ShaneB

You've read the books?? I have them but decided to watch the show and then read (I started the show before I had the books)

I've read the first 3. I only know what will happen this upcoming season. I stopped reading because id rather not continue and wonder if they'll ever be finished.

Cool!! Ah hmmm actually if you read the 3rd book before watching season 4 you'll be ahead of the show because Season 3 and 4 split the 3rd book in weird order. The show has also made quite a few character changes but shouldnt be too confusing.

Yeah I'm aware I'll stop at book 3 and wait until season 4 is finished

I've read the first 3. I only know what will happen this upcoming season. I stopped reading because id rather not continue and wonder if they'll ever be finished.

I'm worried about that too, I didn't know the books were that old....

farmer would be a good hire, I'm actually pissed you guys asked permission to interview him. All around I shook my head at this post, you've cut me deeply </3

I heard he was a good hire too, everything dolphin related has become such a joke though that I don't know when to stop :(

My wife got me an autographed Jamaal Charles football for my birthday! She doesn't usually get me football stuff, but the auction was for St. Jude's so she felt good about it.

My Chiefs basement/man cave is almost complete.

My wife got me an autographed Jamaal Charles football for my birthday! She doesn't usually get me football stuff, but the auction was for St. Jude's so she felt good about it.

My Chiefs basement/man cave is almost complete.

Pics?? There aren't a lot of basements here in So Cal so I'll eventually have to get a house with an extra room (from whatever amount I need)

Finally some GM news:

Peterson (long time friend of Ross) will be part of interview process but won't be part of team once it's over

New GM will have control over 53 man roster and selecting players for draft/FA

GM will report only to Ross

Pretty much takes over for Ireland, including not having to report to Philbin or Aponte which is great news actually.

eznark

Banned
There is a great tex mex place in Cambridge but I can never remember the name of it. They even have Shiner and Lone star!

mr2xxx

Banned
Jay Gruden? I haven't seen anything from him to make me excited, granted I haven't paid attention to the Bengals O besides the fact that they have weapons but are inconsistent as hell. Should I be happy about this NFL GAF or should I just squiken to the Jags with Gata?

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Yesterday I was trying to find a place that had pupusas but nothing came up, it was all under "mexican" lol

I blame white people! It's all my fault!

They have Mexican places here.

Whatever you have, it's not as good as Mexican in Texas.

Out of all the foods Mexican is 2nd to like Irish food on the scale of suck.

You know we have a mod that posts here regularly now? This should be bannable. I expect nothing less from a Pats fan!

I would highly recommend the first three books to anyone.

Like Dune and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before it, only the first three books seem to be worth reading sadly. Hopefully the Jets will start playing better and he'll write a decent 6th book.

Jay Gruden? I haven't seen anything from him to make me excited, granted I haven't paid attention to the Bengals O besides the fact that they have weapons but are inconsistent as hell. Should I be happy about this NFL GAF or should I just squiken to the Jags with Gata?

I've always been a Jay Gruden guy but I think you should be happy. Dude knows how to use his talent - he's given a decidedly average Andy Dalton a career and 3 straight playoff appearances. RGIII needs a guy who will be firm with him. Whether or not he can do that on a Snyder owned team is anyone's guess, but in principle it was a great fit.

Godslay

Banned
our 80$ burgers make us the healthiest region in the country friend. your tacobell dollar menu dates with gata are only possible in the south.

65OrXvF.jpg

Still not as lean as those backwoods hillbilly pot smoking midwestern Coloradans.

texans are following the denver motto of "if you cant beat them leech off their talent pool" strategy

its expected when the pats dominated the league for so long, our scraps are other teams gold

Pissing in the wind here. We picked up some key free agents, that much cannot be denied. Aside from the guy your owner didn't want to pay, nobody has leeched off your Rutgers teat.

The vast majority of the guys who play were drafted by the Broncos, not like it matters anyways because only an idiot wouldn't use the market that is available to them to improve their team. Not everyone sits around and savors the smell of their own farts.

In other news, I heard a rumor that the Giants are really interested in getting Moreno this offseason.

I blame white people! It's all my fault!

Whatever you have, it's not as good as Mexican in Texas.

You know we have a mod that posts here regularly now? This should be bannable. I expect nothing less from a Pats fan!

I would highly recommend the first three books to anyone.

Like Dune and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy before it, only the first three books seem to be worth reading sadly. Hopefully the Jets will start playing better and he'll write a decent 6th book.
Well yeah, Texas is Mexico

Top Bottom